+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EM: HE Correa/Medeiros Families preview

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    I know that EM/HE has and did help both families out...HUGELY.. with the duplexes, but I was a lil dismayed to see that they weren't outright giving each of them those homes.
    But if they had, then the help would have ended with just those 2 families. This way they've helped out those two, plus countless more in the future.

And Dusty already had a job.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

FORT Newbie
    I know that EM/HE has and did help both families out...HUGELY.. with the duplexes, but I was a lil dismayed to see that they weren't outright giving each of them those homes. I wish they had actually.
    It was heartwarming, and regardless..
    It would have been nice to give them the homes, however the Taxes on the houses alone would have been impossible for these families to pay...

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    But if they had, then the help would have ended with just those 2 families. This way they've helped out those two, plus countless more in the future.
    True.. maybe they should do this show only for the homeless then.

And Dusty already had a job.
    Ahhh..okie dokey. I missed that.

Quote Originally Posted by redcat
    It would have been nice to give them the homes, however the Taxes on the houses alone would have been impossible for these families to pay...
    The show should have paid the taxes then.

My opinions are only food for thought, and with this episode...I was a tad dismayed. The only thing that I SAW that the families ended up actually owning in the end, were the clothes & two boy's bikes.

Another thing I was wondering about.. when they send people to Disneyland, or wherever they send them..I wonder how the show "foots the bill"? For instance, this homeless family that has no money. While at Disneyland, the kids and/or adults are going to want to eat something, or buy souvenirs, etc.. I wonder what is alloted for the whole week in an amusement park? Do they give them (limited) credit cards to use?
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

FORT Newbie
    The show should have paid the taxes then.
    And then the families would have owed more income taxes on that payment, since the IRS would have considered it income as well.... It's a vicious circle.

The only thing that I SAW that the families ended up actually owning in the end, were the clothes & two boy's bikes.
    I'm pretty sure they will be taxed on all these too.......And probably the trip to Disney World as well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12