+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Movin' Up with Doug on TLC

Quote Originally Posted by peach View Post
    This coming from someone who would love a kitchen renovation and can't afford it, I find it so wasteful how these homeowners take a hammer or ax to perfectly good cabinets and appliances. With the recent natural disasters, it seems in very poor taste to be so wasteful. The older couples kitchen cabinets appeared to be in good shape and I am sure someone would have definately appreciated them in their kitchen. I also saw the new owner demolishing a microwave and stove. J MHO......
    I think it is called renovater's rage. Even Doug has mentioned it one or two times on previous shows. Once that sledgehammer starts swinging it is very hard to stop.

Also on some of these other shows, like Design Remix, or Sell this House, the designers would have sanded and stained or washed (paint stain) these cabinets. These folks have some serious reno budgets and they are going to use them to realize their dream homes. I think that is the point, they have the time , the money and the opportunity and they are going for it.

What's the deal with Doug? Is he bi or something? Anyone have the low-down?

Quote Originally Posted by FireStorm View Post
    I have my suspicions, lets just say he is a free thinker and he not afraid to show his artistic side to the public. He is also not afraid to egg the participants on. Notice how he always seems to be able to push alot of the female buttons.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I have my suspicions, lets just say he is a free thinker and he not afraid to show his artistic side to the public. He is also not afraid to egg the participants on. Notice how he always seems to be able to push alot of the female buttons.
    Totally! He is really kind of hard to figure, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by FireStorm View Post
    I remember reading an article a few years ago where it talked about Doug being out in the NYC gay scene.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

I remember a Trading Spaces episode where he was kissing one of the women on his team. They were extremely flirtaious.
    On a side note, his brother recently went to court around here for being a peeping tom and all around pervert, Doug testified in court for him, saying they had been trying for years to get him help. His brother ended up getting 7 yrs in jail.

12/3 - philly

3 couples
    couple 1 - 2 teachers move from Brooklyn to Philly to a twin or duplex 5 bedroom.

couple 2 - a couple move from the 5 bedroom twin to a row house. They felt the twin was too large. The wife is really a control freak

Couple 3 - artsy boyfriend/girlfriend moving to LA to pursue their dreams.

All three homes are were built in a Victorian character, high ceilings, great crown moldings, chair rails, wainscotting, and wooden floors. Each couple add their own unique touch.

Couple 1 - basically shops for furniture at yardsales, very shabby chic and ignores any advice from Doug.

Couple 2 - antiques and more formal and eclectic.

Couple 3 - artsy.

Couple 2 likes and hates what couple 1 did to the twin/duplex. The colors and materials are ok but used in the wrong context.

Couple 3 at first likes then says they hate what couple 2 did to there house.

I was not impressed with what any couple did.

12/10

BAck in New Jersey. All the couples were lovey dovey. It was nice that they all got along with each partner. Susan and Duvoni are newly marrieds moving from a 2 room apartment to a 2 bedroom condo. She is from India and Duvoni is Indian but born in the US. They want to decorate with a heavy Indian flavor. Nuha and William are moving from the 2 bedroom condo (townhouse) in Prospect Park, NJ to the next town over to have an $800,000 lakefront house. They want to decorate with an Middle Eastern Falvor. William is Crezk and ARmenian and I think Nuha is from Lebanon????

You know how each couple goes into the house the bought before the previous owners have left. Well at the lakehouse the previous owners son never cleaned his room and his room has a ceiling fan that has never been cleaned and has dust strips coming off it. Even the previous owners commented on how dirty their sons room was. So why did they not clean the fan when they packed and moved out. They left the fan as it. I hope the producers asked them to, cause I was taught to always clean up the space I was living in if I was moving elsewhere. To leave the apartment or house in move in condition. SO I don't understand why the previous owners did not do this.

I liked how in each home the couples dedicated one room to be an Indian lougne or an Middle Easter lougne. The previous owners of the lakefront, more so the wife didn't get what they new owners had done. especially the lounge. Its amazing how we even have peace in this country with the comments I hear about people's decorating tastes on this show.

I also thought the previous owners wife of the lake front house was extremely close minded about the room. Sure, she may not decorate like that in her house, but you can still appreciate how pretty the room looked.
    And her comment about the cat sitting on the countertop was funny.

01/06/07 Surprise a new ep

Lo and behold the TV Guide says that there will be a new Moving Up ep at 8pm tonight. I have my VCR set and hope to see Doug on tonight.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread