+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Movin' Up with Doug on TLC

FORT Regular
    I like being able to judge people on the inside of their houses, it's a newly discovered guilty pleasure... muah hahahahaha

FORT Fan
    I do NOT understand that witch Julie's attitude. Why is she taking out her anger over the mortgage problem on Mila? Julie and Keith's realtor is the one she should be mad at. That realtor should have written the offer for the house they bought CONTINGENT ON THE CLOSING OF THE HOUSE THEY SOLD TO MILA. That's a very common. It's a form of negligence for the realtor to NOT do that. Just think of all the stress and trauma that would have been avoided. #$!! realtor. #$!! Julie.

I also think Julie tried too hard to match Doug snark-for-snark. It seemed forced -- produced for the camera.

But then, perhaps this entire episode was edited for the drama and not to showcase the movin' up experience.

Karen, I was equally unimpressed with Julie. She quite obviously had too high of an opinion of herself and came across as 37 going on 17. The blame definitely lay with someone other than Mila. Shame on Julie for trying to take it out on her.

I wasn't as impressed with these homes as I normally am, as they just seemed... odd. I didn't like the new boy's room in Mila's house, nor did I like the little girl's room in Julie's... they both looked cheap and poorly executed.

And I got the biggest kick out of the silk flowers in the older lady's original home. My friend in Toledo has a neighbor that has done something similar and it's just so incredibly tacky. The older lady seemed to have a screw or two loose.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    And I got the biggest kick out of the silk flowers in the older lady's original home. My friend in Toledo has a neighbor that has done something similar and it's just so incredibly tacky. The older lady seemed to have a screw or two loose.
    We had this couple do the same thing to the house that was the builders model home for this neighborhood. The house had a professional landscaper do the yard but the couple did not like it and instead put ugly brick circles around the trees. That fake Victorian low iron edging and 2 silk palm trees on the front porch and silk flowers in the beds. UGH!! Also if you are going to mulch around your trees do not pile it up around the tree trunk, garanteed to get insects inside or start some rot.

Julie, I felt was taking out several days of frustration that happened over 4 months ago on a couple that also suffered it is not as if Mila did it on purpose. Makes me wonder how she is when she is upset with her poor hubby.

11/19

3 couples from New Jersey. Lndsey and Matt - was everyone as pissed as I was at Matt. He did not seem to do any renovation and refused to ask Lindsey to marry him. I think Lindsey should dump him fast. I loved what they did in the backyard, with the fencing, pergola, rock bar and built in barbecue. The flagstone floor and new deck. I thought that Dan and Rob the previous owners were peevish complaining that the deck was made of trex. Trex is a manmade product that is being used for decking material. No maintenance. Dan and Rob couldn't even pickup all the dog poo left in the backyard and certainly did not clean up all the dust bunnies for the new owners. That was tacky.

I thought Dan and Rob were so unprepared for their new lifestyle. $140,000 for the new kitchen was $100,000 too much. Was there a problem calling an architect. This is so typical of home renovators going on a demo rage and not knowing where to stop and getting so over their heads. I thought the older couple was cute.

I was just floored at the fact that the guys spent $140K on their kitchen! Unreal. I wasn't a fan of much of what they did at their house.. the money could have been spent much better. But I really couldn't understand what two guys would want with moving to a farmhouse.

I really liked what Lindsey did with the house... and love that they moved the kitchen to the back. Everything seemed to flow so much better. I don't blame Matt for not wanting to be pressured into asking Lindsey to marry him on national tv... but he still came off like an arrogant boob.

And what was up with Dan and Rob continually saying "yeah, that's what we were going to do" with every beautiful renovation that Lindsey did?? C'mon, guys...:nono Hate to say it, but liar, liar, pants on fire!
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    3 couples from New Jersey. Lndsey and Matt - was everyone as pissed as I was at Matt. He did not seem to do any renovation and refused to ask Lindsey to marry him. I think Lindsey should dump him fast. I loved what they did in the backyard, with the fencing, pergola, rock bar and built in barbecue.

I'm watching the repeat of that episode now.
    I live in Hoboken and know who Matt is.
    Dumb RE guy.
    I'm cringing and feel so bad for his poor girlfriend.
    He actually made her go pick up dog crap and maggots in the backyard and directed her around like she was his serf.
    Poor girl ! He will never marry her and she's stuck being his whipping post.

ARGH.

And their place looks nice, but it didnt need so much overhaul.

Quote Originally Posted by Selkie View Post
    I'm watching the repeat of that episode now.
    I live in Hoboken and know who Matt is.
    Dumb RE guy.
    I'm cringing and feel so bad for his poor girlfriend.
    He actually made her go pick up dog crap and maggots in the backyard and directed her around like she was his serf.
    Poor girl ! He will never marry her and she's stuck being his whipping post.

ARGH.

And their place looks nice, but it didnt need so much overhaul.
    I take it that you don't like Matt. He's in Real Estate? He did not come across very savvy to me and he sure was not very handy with his hands. I feel sorry for Lindsey. I get the feeling that financially she will be hosed in this situation.

If you have any dirt on Matt or just want to point out his more obnoxious moments please do so.

11/26

Condo couple - Chris and Bonnie and black pug , Norton.
    Recently married, 2 bedroom condo in New Jersy, nice decor, modern transitional. He wants an orange room, they need more space. Chris is a lazy bum, and Bonnie is a sour faced whinny Bitch. They are also nasty to each other, and I plain don't like them. They buy Cape Cod for $563,000 and plan to put a new second floor and have a budget of $150,000. They go over budget by $50,000. They also had 5 months of renovation and lived the entire time in the basement Boo Hoo, I just wished they were still living there and not polluting the air of New Jersey with their negativity and nastiness. Although, I liked a lot of the reno, the previous owner, Cheryl did point out the lack on style or continuity. Such as all of a sudden putting in chrome lighting and fancy colored lighting over the pub area. The style of it did not seem to fit in with the rest of the house. Chris also had a huge round window in his office, and a huge chandelier that does not go with the modern theme of the office. But from the outside of the house it appears to be a center hall upstairs foyer and light. I do agree with Cheryl here as it does look weird.

Cheryl and Erik the middle couple, married 13 yrs and with 3 kids all under 6 yrs did a gut reno of the house they sold to Chris and Bonnie so Cheryl had some strong feelings about Chris and Bonnie's decor. C&E moved in to a $630,000 home a few blocks over whose previous owners, Joe and Lucille had lived in it for 32 yrs and had it decorated all in white. Cherly and Erik wanted color. They put in wooden floors in the family room, gutted the kitchen and redid it in dark cabinets, statinless steel and extended it into the family room. The house has a much better open informal flow. Whick Joe and Lucille commented on. But J&L also commented that in their generation the goal was to have a formal living room and formal dining room.

I liked Cheryl and Erik, especially Erik cause he liked to dance. Joe and Lucille were a sweet retired couple and Chris and Bonnie were both just nasty. Norton was cute.

peachroses

Waste of Money

This coming from someone who would love a kitchen renovation and can't afford it, I find it so wasteful how these homeowners take a hammer or ax to perfectly good cabinets and appliances. With the recent natural disasters, it seems in very poor taste to be so wasteful. The older couples kitchen cabinets appeared to be in good shape and I am sure someone would have definately appreciated them in their kitchen. I also saw the new owner demolishing a microwave and stove. J MHO......
    Because I said so ....

+ Reply to Thread