+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Movin' Up with Doug on TLC

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Karennz
    Did anybody else think "Hildi" when they did the reveal on Maya's new bedroom? I didn't care for the style...too over-the-top for me. But I've gotta give her props taking her chosen theme and carrying it through to the finish!
    It looked like one of those tacky honeymoon suites at Niagra Falls. It was very over the top.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

8/6 -episode

Finally, a new episode, I thought that they may have canceled this series. I missed what city or area of the country these folks were in, was it Virginia???

All the folks seem nice and not too nutzy. The mom of the surfer dude had paint issues. That faux effect she was trying with the brown and yellow just looked like pooh. I thought the son was very lucky to have the basement makeover that he did. The cool bar and built in tank. Too bad he doesn't look like a surfer, he sure had a beer gut. I did think his reaction to his former room and the kitchen of his old house was very immature. Probably hit his head one too many times on his surf board.

Were do people get the money to do over their houses those kitchen remodels have to be touching between $20,000 and $40,000. That is a lot of money to drop wish I had it. I would put in a nice walkway to the house, fix the roof, and put in a nice Japanese soaking tub and steam shower in my basement. I can only dream.

POD
    FORT Newbie
    Anybody watch the season premiere of Moving Up on TLC Saturday night? It was really good, much better than some of the older shows.

I watched it, and I thought that the vietnemese guy was the best of the three, the PR lady was rude and snide and didnt consider another culture at all and the older couple were a riot when they couldn't let go of the house till they saw how it had been redone... tears and all. Yes, it isn't your house since you sold it!!!!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

it was "funny" how rude the PR lady was, but then couldn't take the same type of criticism about her house.

POD
    FORT Newbie

my wife hates the host!!

I taped the show and told my wife to watch it but she just couldn't get into it. I guess she's not a Doug Wilson fan.... I'm not really sure myself what he adds to the show.

The PR woman may not have taken criticism very well but I really like what she and her husband did with the house, their new kitchen was a huge improvement over the green.

10/16 -new episode

Hey I thought maybe they had canceled this show, nice to see some new episodes.

Why would someone totally leave their live and go live in North Dakota just because they bought a house there, on EBAY, for $38,000. There is a story there. That and they stapled duck wallpaper in their new kitchen. UGH!!!! That was awful.

I really liked what Andre and his wife did to the apartment over the winery. In such a small space less clutter is everything. The kitchen redo was great they took a small space and made it much more functionable epecially with the work flow around the island.

The brother and his wife, had wild ideas and went with them. I do hope they realize that if they ever sell that house they will have to do some major repainting. The best part of the show was watching brother Justin, not able to say he and his wife did a better job than his sister and brother-in-law.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata
    Why would someone totally leave their live and go live in North Dakota just because they bought a house there, on EBAY, for $38,000. There is a story there. That and they stapled duck wallpaper in their new kitchen. UGH!!!! That was awful.
    That alone should tell you why they moved to ND. This couple didn't seem like they were quite all there... the obsession with the ducks and cats was just a little over the top.

I actually kind of liked everything the brother and SIL did in their new home, even though I wouldn't do it myself. One small exception: the bedroom. Nasty.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    That alone should tell you why they moved to ND. This couple didn't seem like they were quite all there... the obsession with the ducks and cats was just a little over the top.

I actually kind of liked everything the brother and SIL did in their new home, even though I wouldn't do it myself. One small exception: the bedroom. Nasty.
    It might be an urban myth but I heard you have to be careful on statin sheets that you can slide right out of bed and hurt yourself.

10/22

Another new episode. Didn't have too much sympathy for any of the families, not when they are all buying million dollar homes, especially the newly weds from NYC. How can they afford it and remodeling and spending 10,000 on marble counter tops. Why would you spend 10,000 on marble counter tops if a broken egg can possible stain it. That is way too high maintenance. Alot of people buy stone to cut down on maintenance not to worry about cracked eggs. I thought the older couple that kept bitching that the younger couples place was sterile was off the mark. Their house is the difference of a couple that has been together 30 yrs vs a couple that has been only married 2 weeks and is just starting a life together.

+ Reply to Thread