+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My Life is a Sitcom

My Life is a Sitcom

Has anyone heard anything about this show on ABC Family?

Families apparently compete to see who wins a sitcom based on their family. It's a reality show, I guess.

Anyway, it's on tonight, but I don't know if it's a premiere or if it's been on for a while and I just missed it.

I am pretty sure it is the premier.
    I have seen one advert for it.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Ummm... I watched this yesterday.

they have a panel of "judges... Bud Bundy, Marcia Brady, and Joey from Full house. They sit around with the writer (or one of the writers I guess) of Carolyn in The City and some other guy (host maybe?)
    Then they watch video of a family and try to decide whether or not they would make a good sitcome.

I can't believe I actually laughed last night.
    I can't remember the family name, but the husband had been out of work for 2 years. They hav 2 sones (4 and 2 1/2). The father really was kind of funny. He was almost typical "clueless dad" that too many sitcoms already have, but he was somehow charming
    His father was some weird guy who has 26 (I think it was 26... in the 20's anyway) working telephones in his apartment. When someone calls all the phones ring. If the kids are there they cry.
    The mother in law speaks French and brings the paper with jobs circled for the guy... jobs like Plumber, electrician, hairdresser.... of course he does none of these things.

I don't know, I think the show will be lame on the whole (if ads for next week are any indication :rolleyes) but this one was cute.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

So, apparently ABC Family uses the same background checkers that Fox and the regular ABC uses. Not very good ones.

The first family on this ABC FAMILY show were the Mozians. Pretty funny, like you said, Cali.

But apparently ABC didn't know that Joe Mozian, the dad, has a website. Part of his website is "Joe's Sh*tlist", where he rants and drops f-bombs about the latest news.

I wonder, had they known, if they would have featured them on the show? And even funnier, Joe himself went on the ABC Family message boards, to defend himself from people saying he's a professional comedian, and posted the link to his web site.

http://www.joemozian.com/shitlist.htm

+ Reply to Thread