+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Showdog Moms and Dads (Bravo)

Showdog Moms and Dads (Bravo)

Rejoice, dog people everywhere The show's official website is up:

http://www.showdogmomsanddads.com/pages/index.htm

IT'S A RABID ROAD TO BEST IN SHOW FOR PEDIGREE POOCHES AND THE 'PARENTS' WHO SHOW THEM IN BRAVO'S NEW DOCU-SERIES 'SHOWDOG MOMS & DADS'

LOS ANGELES - January 13, 2005 - Bravo turns its behind-the-scenes eye on the competitive, quirky world of show dogs in the new, original docu-series "Showdog Moms & Dads," a follow-up to last year's engrossing hit series "Showbiz Moms & Dads." This eight-part, one-hour series airing Wednesday evenings at 10:00 PM beginning Wednesday, March 30th, features five unique "families" from around the country each comprised of doting human parents committed to their canine children.

For millions of dog owners nationwide, competing in dog shows is a labor of love... love of a particular dog, love of building a better breed and love of beating the competition. "Showdog Moms & Dads" reveals the struggles, the sacrifices, the thrills of victory and disappointment of defeat the owners and their dogs face each weekend as they compete in shows across the country. With dogged determination, owners juggle careers, family and bank accounts to see their pooch crowned top dog.

"'Showbiz Moms & Dads' hit such a nerve with viewers when it premiered last year that we wanted to explore a similar idea with a new subject," said Lauren Zalaznick, President of Bravo. "'Showdog Moms & Dads' seemed like the perfect avenue to take given the way many people obsess over and often equate their pets as children. We also thought it would be fun to present a real behind-the-scenes look at the world of dog competitions where the claws often come out and the fur flies... and that's just among the owners."

"Showdog Moms & Dads" features the following families and their dogs who, at the culmination of the series, all meet for the first time as competitors at the National Dog Show in Philadelphia.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Cool. I was wondering if there was a thread for this yet, so did a little search and here it is. Thanks for getting the ball rolling, Texicana.

I think I'm going to watch this one. I loved "Best in Show" (Parker Posey rules), and catch the Westminster each year, so this will be fun.

The only thing is I might cry at each elimination, 'cus how could I hate on a poor little puppy? (Now their owners/handlers... I will probably be seeing red.)

Here's the Bravo blurb on it:

Showdog Moms & Dads
    Premieres Wed, March 30 @ 10/9c

Bravo turns its behind-the-scenes eye on the competitive, quirky world of show dogs in the new, original docu-series Showdog Moms & Dads, a follow-up to last year's engrossing hit series Showbiz Moms & Dads.

For millions of dog owners nationwide, competing in dog shows is a labor of love... love of a particular dog, love of building a better breed and love of beating the competition. "Showdog Moms & Dads" reveals the struggles, the sacrifices, the thrills of victory and disappointment of defeat the owners and their dogs face each weekend as they compete in shows across the country. With dogged determination, owners juggle careers, family and bank accounts to see their pooch crowned top dog.

http://www.bravotv.com/Upcoming_Shows/
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

you and I will probably be the only two watching this, but that's fine with me

*AHEM!* Sis do you really think I'd miss such a thing?? Shame on you! I'll be here watching with y'all

Oh my...what are the little feline Libwiches gonna think??? Mutiny

Make me the 4th one who'll watch!

eta:
    Quote Originally Posted by corprip
    "Best in Show"
    One of THEE best shows I've ever watched! Excellent!

"COOKIE.....COOKIE GOOGLEMAN?"

Last edited by Maveno; 03-07-2005 at 04:21 PM.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

I'll be there too! Can't wait!

I've been a showdog mom for over 20 years and, let me tell you, we dog show folks are totally nuts. Hope they don't manage to make us look even crazier than we really are. I don't recognize the names of anyone they're profiling but it looks like they've picked a wide range of dog show disciplines - obedience, junior show, conformation, etc. Should be fun!

Hi Playbear..don't worry, you doggie lovers/show folk are my kinda crazy

Yay, a small group of good people to discuss the show with!

"God loves a terrier! Yes he does!" -The Googlemans
    Last edited by Texicana; 03-07-2005 at 04:27 PM.

Thanks, Texi! I might even be able to get my husband to watch this one, especially if it gives him *more* opportunity to make fun of my chosen obsession. See y'all there!

*~*Bump*~*

Just thought I'd move this up and maybe someone will actually comment on it, considering the series started and all.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast