+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Showdog Moms and Dads (Bravo)

Brandon and Ryan are not doing right by those dogs with all the emotional turmoil they seem to live off of. Sure, they have the material things for these dogs, but believe me, these animals pick up on the vibes their owners put out. And I'll say this again. No way is Liberace show ring material. He's not used to showing, being handled, and I'm not sure he's an expemplar of his breed.

George the whippet man is a flake, but he does know his stuff.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Quote Originally Posted by Texicana
    Brandon and Ryan are not doing right by those dogs with all the emotional turmoil they seem to live off of. Sure, they have the material things for these dogs, but believe me, these animals pick up on the vibes their owners put out. And I'll say this again. No way is Liberace show ring material. He's not used to showing, being handled, and I'm not sure he's an expemplar of his breed.

George the whippet man is a flake, but he does know his stuff.

Every day is a new drama for Brandon and Ryan! Little Liberace doesn't stand a chance with all that high energy around him all the time. He'll be on Ritilan for ADHD pretty soon!!!!!

I have to agree with a previous poster - I like the whippet's mom - she is crazy but funny. I loved how she just kinda moved the bedroom stuff in and let George rant knowing that she was gonna win anyways!!!

Now Brandy I don't know why you have something against Kyra. I find her rather lovable myself. She is alittle strange and has a quirky relationship with her dog but she isn't ignoring kids or fighting with her spouse everyday!! Like Lourdes, she is a mom to her dog and loves her very much and seems to have a good relationship with her husband. So more power to them!!

New show tonight people! C'mon now, we can't let this thread die. Do it for the pups.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

I'll be watching, but not until W.C. time! I finally got caught up last week...I was behind a few episodes.

I loved tonights show! Next weeks show looks soooooo great!! I can't wait for the claws to come out!!!
    I have been watching the show and it has definitely opened my eyes to what it takes to show a dog. I will never do it. I admire the people that do it but I don't have the patience and stamina to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Texicana
    Brandon and Ryan are not doing right by those dogs with all the emotional turmoil they seem to live off of. Sure, they have the material things for these dogs, but believe me, these animals pick up on the vibes their owners put out. And I'll say this again. No way is Liberace show ring material. He's not used to showing, being handled, and I'm not sure he's an exemplar of his breed.
    I think we all pick up on those vibes just watching. Yuck! I keep waiting for the dog show to see if that freaky little dog bites the judges for trying to handle him! Or if the two guys will tear the fragile dog limb from limb in a tug-of-war fighting over who gets to spend time with him. Come to think of it, I wonder if Liberace really broke his leg going down stairs?

I was convinced to miss this last episode because of that damned Paula Abdul Sex Scandal Special.

The only reason we didn't watch it is because they replay it. But, I still feel "incomplete" today.

George and [his wife] (her name is escaping me).. they've become my favorites of this show. They're SO funny... kooky funny. Borderline psych-ward funny...

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    I was convinced to miss this last episode because of that damned Paula Abdul Sex Scandal Special.

The only reason we didn't watch it is because they replay it. But, I still feel "incomplete" today.

George and [his wife] (her name is escaping me).. they've become my favorites of this show. They're SO funny... kooky funny. Borderline psych-ward funny...
    I too missed last night's show - had to work. I will catch it this week but do feel like I missed out! I enjoy my little guilty fix of this ridiculous show!!

I too like George and his wife (can't think of her name either), they are so weird!
    But in a quirky way and fun to watch. Kyra is too. Anyone what to fill me in what happened?

Now Brandy I don't know why you have something against Kyra. I find her rather lovable myself. She is alittle strange and has a quirky relationship with her dog but she isn't ignoring kids or fighting with her spouse everyday!! Like Lourdes, she is a mom to her dog and loves her very much and seems to have a good relationship with her husband. So more power to them!!
    I don't have anything against her as a person, and I honestly don't know why I can't watch her. I had to fast forward her again last night. (TiVo) I can't tell ya why, I wish I knew! Maybe she reminds me of someone or maybe she's too high energy for me. I am not saying she's a bad person or anything though. After all I haven't even watched her! LOL

I do agree with you about too much drama around lil' Liberace though. I also think his leg wasn't ready for that cast to come off, it still seemed sore. But what do I know about vet care. Just how it looked. Also they need to find a smaller thermometer for chihuahuas! No wonder he kept cringing!!

Poor little guy. After going through all that and not being experienced in shows anyway no wonder he was nippy.

Moira's dogs seem really happy so maybe her home is more harmonious than it seems on Tv. All in all I thought her dogs seemed happiest and least hyper of any of the other ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamsohooked
    I too missed last night's show - had to work. I will catch it this week but do feel like I missed out! I enjoy my little guilty fix of this ridiculous show!!

I too like George and his wife (can't think of her name either), they are so weird!
    But in a quirky way and fun to watch. Kyra is too. Anyone what to fill me in what happened?
    Liberace's - got his cast taken off, and repelled the rectal thermometer about three or four times most vehemently (while whining/screaming), before the vet tech finally gave up. You show 'em "Chache"! They cut his cast off, and seemed it was stuck to him, obviously causing him pain as they peeled it off him after cutting the cast. He still hobbled and didn't want to put weight on it. His owners paid for a water therapy session at the pool. He growled at her at first (the therapist) but calmed down once she said "It's all right, it's gonna be all right" leaving me to wonder why the vet/vet tech didn't try that same thing. I mean when the tech was trying to take his temp., instead of calming him, 3 or 4 people took a limb or his head to try and hold him still. Poor doggie.

The therapist held gently (I hope - it seemed anyway) onto his hind end to slow him down so he got more exercise while Lib swam away from her. Then Brandon (the one with hair, whichever he is) got in too at her invitation (that either could) and did the same thing. The bald guy stood outside the pool edge and demanded that he let "Chache" swim to him. The hair guy held onto him at first, while he swam, but let go on the bald guy's orders. Lib then swam quickly to the pool edge. "Wow he's fast" they said. The hair guy afterward held the dog in a blanket, but the bald guy snatched the dog away saying "No not you! You got to be with him already" or something like that.

Later they tried to show the little dog and he didn't do well - didn't do anything he was supposed to really, including nipping at people. Other show folk scolded the guys afterward.

That made bald guy cry in the car and say that he also didn't think their relationship can handle all this stress. He also said that he didn't care if Liberace won or not, he loved him anyway, prompting the hair guy to pick up the sleeping dog (both were in the back seat), and thrust the puzzled looking dog in the bald guy's face (while he was driving still) and ask him to say that directly to the dog.

OH and the bald guy referenced "Best in Show" saying he felt like the "Busy Bee" couple arguing about everything.

Later the pair had a congratulations/going away party for Lib as the three prepare to leave for Philly. They brought Lib in on a mirrored toy piano, saying they would do the same at the upcoming show.

Moira's dogs - did well, and her son won first in a junior handler show. Despite not wanting to get dressed up, and despite Moira berating his performance (out of earshot) from the sidelines. She did finally offer him a "good job". Kid got his photo taken for a keepsake.

I will add more later if I can think of it!

+ Reply to Thread