+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Showdog Moms and Dads (Bravo)

I missed this episode so I'll have to watch the replay. I'm in agreement Mav. I really love this show and think it's a hoot to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Texicana
    Poor Chalcy was injured really badly, but man is Kyra annoying. I would have thrown her out of the operating room if I was that vet.

Lourdes' dog handler is just as nutsy as she is.

Why did that kid (Adam?) go all mental because his dog had a photo shoot?? "Careful (doggies name) don't step on a crack pipe!"
    I thought the vet and her assistant were really mean. Why make that dog with a serious injury wait over an hour and then be snippy to the owner? Show a little compassion! I think she showed Kyra the wound just to torture her.

Re. Lourdes' handler, she is even more of a nut -- I actually thought she made Lourdes look normal by comparison!

I thought the kid went mental because his mom repeatedly put the image of the dog "licking her butt" in his mind instead of saying the truth that the dog was licking cream cheese off her skirt. That mom is mental too. "Crack pipes" indeed. And she is fairly abusive to her kid.

Dammit, I missed it this week. I'll have to catch a replay and get back to you guys. Sounds like a blast. The producers of Best in Show really nailed it-- these people are spitting images of those freaks.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

Hi all,
    I swore I was NOT going to watch this nutty show but I find myself turning it on. Now I don't watch it in its regular time slot - that would be too obvious but I do stop and watch it when it is being rerun during the week. It like a train wreck - I have to stop and watch!!!!!

I don't really know the people's names (dont want to get too personal) but I find the mother with the little boy WACKO!! She should have stuck to raising dogs and not children. Talk about warping a child's mind! Poor little guy. Where is the dad may I ask??

I find the two guys and the little dogs a hoot!! I can't think of any of them that are normal in any way. Maybe Kyra but not completely.

I will only reveal my watching of the show here, with those who understand!!

Quote Originally Posted by Iamsohooked
    I don't really know the people's names (dont want to get too personal) but I find the mother with the little boy WACKO!! She should have stuck to raising dogs and not children. Talk about warping a child's mind! Poor little guy. Where is the dad may I ask??
    He's as far away from her as possible.

First off, how does a dog bite a vagina? Wait, don't tell me.
    Second off, I'm a total dog lover, just spent $2,500 on an operation for mine and I hate to see dogs hurt. But Kyra's a whack job. She was so over-the-top I wanted the vet to slap her and shout, "Snap out of it!"
    Third off, I love the Best in Show-inspired casting, although the movie characters were a little less loopy.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

I love this show, it has quickly become my favorite. It is a riot! Especially love the German shepherds, since I've got one (no nanny though).

AM I the only one who didn't realize Kyra was married?

Quote Originally Posted by soapqueen
    I love this show, it has quickly become my favorite. It is a riot! Especially love the German shepherds, since I've got one (no nanny though).

AM I the only one who didn't realize Kyra was married?

They are all married (even the gay guys have rings on). I feel for the spouses, they are very tolerant. I felt bad for the little doggie with the broken leg. Brandon was alittle condesending to the other guy - calling him his little housewife! Grrr! From someone who has been a housewife for 21 years - that is not a good thing. I think the little "housewife" needs to get a job and help out with doggie expenses!!

Hey now dog lovers... I've missed this show for the past couple weeks, but caught it this week.

Moira is sad. That whole thing with neglecting the dog was horrifying, and in my opinion she used a pitiful excuse for doing so. The saddest part is how she neglects Adam now. She pours her energy into five dogs, all in the meanwhile she oscillates between castrating and ignoring her son. Bitch.

Brandon and Ryan. What can I say? I hate Brandon. Not as much as the celebrities they were showing at the Emmy's, but still I hate his little wanna-be rich bitch diva attitude. Like, gag me for real.

My favorite character is totally the whippet lady. She's zany but down-to-earth. Very cool. Her husband's a freak though.

Well that's all for now... just wanted to add some words and bump this thread up. Hugs and kisses y'all.
    Last edited by corprip; 05-01-2005 at 01:49 AM.

I love this show already. Goofy, silly, weird, funny. Great tv

The producers/editors are definitely setting Moira up as the one to hate. Then again she doesn't do herself any favors.

The story about the older guy molesting her in return for a puppy which in return she allowed to be neglected and then her parents put it down - that does explain a lot, but if she realises that much - then she should get some counseling for it - cos guess what - she is apparently doing the same thing to her own son now - ignoring him in favor of the dogs, same way she ignored the first puppy in favor of her horse.

But her son just might be the one who picks her rest home one day. Mean - but true.

Making Adam 'be a dog' to get attention - there's a movie called "My Life as a Dog" and Adam could star in it, for reals.

She can't make it up to the dead puppy by lavishing attention on other dogs... she has to move on. Her whole family complained about being ignored in favor of the doggies. She clearly hasn't healed and still lacks perspective or balance. /end dimestore psychology

Poor Adam, though. Geeze. He's gonna have some issues towards women if she doesn't watch it.

Why too did Moira aim that hot dryer at the dog repeatedly when it clearly caused the poor thing pain? Its fur was dry already anyway?!

The dog owner from CA - the blond woman - I don't know why but every time she comes onscreen I have to fast forward it (I have TiVo). I can't stand to watch her - she seems manic or something.

Lourdes isn't all that bad - typical wealthy woman who spoils her dogs - bit sad she wasn't able to have children since she wanted to. I think she gives her dogs the nurturing she couldn't give cos she couldn't have kids. So it was kinda sad. I don't mind her.

Remember the scene in "Best in Show" when the uptight 'yuppie' couple loses their dog's toy and screams at each other and tears apart the hotel room? Anyone else think of that when the hubby in this tv show 'lost' the cooler (mean of the camera crew not to tell him where it was - since they filmed it sitting there) and went all over the place and his hands shook badly & all that? Saying someone stole it, and he never looked under the table in their show tent? OK whatever. Nervous nell.

I felt kinda sorry for him though too - if he's naturally anxious maybe the show circuit isn't for him?

The gay couple - clearly the one w/shaved-bald head is waiting for the first chance to 'better-deal' his 'little housewife'. He's so enamored of anything superficial. The way he went on & on about that oceanside mansion. OK, yes it's nice - but you can't have one, unless you hook up with a rich sugar daddy, or a celebrity, or win Lotto and none of those are too likely. So get over it & cherish your lifemate already.

Lotta narcissists in this show it seems, who use their dogs as an excuse to block out other people's needs, and requests for affection/attention, and put it indirectly upon themselves through their dogs. OK /end second bout of armchair shrink session...

But the weird behavior is what makes for good tv, too.

Now if I can just figure out why I have such an aversion to the CA lady (Kyra?) she seems perfectly nice...

Then again I must've missed a lot of this show (TiVo seems to keep forgetting to tape it?! I think I ran out of room) cos some of the stuff you all mention, I didn't see.

But my guess is, if Adam threw a fit over his lost tooth, it's cos it was his one chance to get some attention from his mom aka Tooth Fairy in the form of a buck under his pillow - but at least it would be something.

+ Reply to Thread