+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Showdog Moms and Dads (Bravo)

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    I love the show! Interesting to say the least!

The gay couple sure does have a lot of money to essentially waste on this whole idea of making Liberace a show dog. Then, the puppy HATES the leash! They're cracking me up though, too bad this week's episode they seem to have a really bad blow out. The way they were sobbing while watching the trainer was so damn funny!

Ok. One of the nuttier parent is the German Shepherd's female owner (can't remember names, but the lawyer's wife)! Talk about being wayyyyy too "into" the whole sperm gathering/freezing!
    It was actually uncomfortable to watch.

The retired couple with the whippet (I think it's a whippet).. she looks pretty ridiculous with all those livers/hearts crammed into the side of her mouth! I know it's a practice that a lot of trainers/owners use..but she puts WAY too much in there! Cracked me up every time they showed her in the ring, sucking out a piece of meat with her cheek all chipmunked out!

Finally, there's Chelsey..the Weimaraner. This woman is quite possibly the happiest person I've ever seen! She puts on a great show, and I really think this "show dog" is the best out of all of them. Her peppy, gleaming smile and perky attitude suits the needs of what she does at least.
    The previews of this week, it looks like the dog gets cut pretty bad!

I think I covered all the dogs/parents..

A rating from 1 to 10, 10 as being great...I give it a 10. It's quirky, fun and interesting to watch all of these people. I can't stop thinking about Best in Breed though..these people actually DO act like the characters on the show!
    I'll definitely watch the whole "season" of this one.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Asst to the Regional Mgr SueEllenMishke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    Ok. One of the nuttier parent is the German Shepherd's female owner (can't remember names, but the lawyer's wife)! Talk about being wayyyyy too "into" the whole sperm gathering/freezing!
    It was actually uncomfortable to watch.

It was really uncomfortable to watch, especially when they all had the discussion about how the dog might be having trouble performing because Mommy was in the room and he's such a Mommy's boy. I was kind of embarrassed for the dog.

You can count me in as a faithful viewer. I caught the first episode at least twice this weekend, and can't wait until the next.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    The gay couple sure does have a lot of money to essentially waste on this whole idea of making Liberace a show dog. Then, the puppy HATES the leash! They're cracking me up though, too bad this week's episode they seem to have a really bad blow out. The way they were sobbing while watching the trainer was so damn funny!
    Mav, now we know where the money comes from...mama!

What did everyone think about episode 2? I really feel sorry for the little boy. He is going to have some self esteem issues. I don't think the mom realizes that she has placed him way behind the dogs when it comes to respect. The kid just wants some positive affirmation and she gives him negative criticism. She could at least be constructive in her critique. I just want to give him a big hug.

I think both the whippets and the german shepards are nutters...the owners, not the dogs. I can't believe a nanny watches the dogs during the day. What's up with that?

Applesauce, I agree about Adam and Moira, that is a very sad situation. She makes me very angry, and he's already developing neuroticisms about his inadequacy in her eyes.

Brandon also pissed me off tonight. I already had issues with his stupid status comments, but watching him hold his mommy's money over his boyfriends head made me really sick. Not only is he pathetic, he is trashy. "He's holding my dog for ransom!" What an idiot.

What really blew my mind was the lady with the biting my dog. She was out there man. I don't think I even want to repeat what she said. *Taking brillo to mental image* I just hope that poor dog doesn't get hurt due to her irresponsibility and craziness.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

Beam me up Scotty...I'm watching it too. I thought Showbiz Mom's & Dad's was a dilly....but these folks are something else!
    ....You can't fix stupid.......Ron "Tater Salad" White

I'm afraid of Kyra and her odd nervous smile, not to mention her reverberating laugh. It sounds on the verge of insanity.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Quote Originally Posted by Texicana
    I'm afraid of Kyra and her odd nervous smile, not to mention her reverberating laugh. It sounds on the verge of insanity.
    Oh Lord...that annoys the dickens out of me. She sounds like a rapid fire machine gun.
    ....You can't fix stupid.......Ron "Tater Salad" White

"G-o-o-o-o-d-d-d job, Ch-a-a-a-a-a-lcy-y-y!"

If I hear that one more time I am going to email her and recommend she up her dosage. I get the feeling that gorgeous dog is her only friend. In one of her profiles she states that her husband does all the grocery shopping because Chalcy's not allowed in. Now, she can't at least go to the local Kroger without the dog??? The mind boggles.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Quote Originally Posted by Texicana
    "G-o-o-o-o-d-d-d job, Ch-a-a-a-a-a-lcy-y-y!"
    There was a movie where this lady took her dog to a pet shrink and she would talk in a high falseto voice that makes finger nails on a chalkboard sound like music All I can do is and picture that lady saying that

Oh Man I just remembered it was not a pet shrink it was Eddie Murphy in Dr Dolittle two and the dog's name was Ch-aaa-n-ce-yyyy
    Last edited by Realityvictim; 04-07-2005 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Remembered the movie

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Hopefully one of these days...I will remember their names..but in the meantime, I'll just keep scrolling up to you guys.

Wow! This new show just cracks me up! Ok..here's what I thought of episode two..

The gay guys. Brandon and (?) Ryan. Ryan I think was the driver.. I sorta agreed with him about the $$. If you borrow money from your LOVER'S MOTHER, don't complain about it later that they're rich and spending their money on whatever they want! What business is it of HIS that his mother & dad are going on vacations, building a shed, etc..etc.. He signed a damn promissory note even... with a DATE of when she can expect it!! :nono No, in my book...he was in the wrong and I didn't think Ryan was "holding it over his head". I'm sure he hears about it from him mother every.single.time they talk..which would really get under my skin too.
    BUT.. he knows it's a hot topic to bring up, apparently there seems to be a lot of dissension with the mother (w/both of them) and to start PREACHING in front of cameramen about it would send ANYONE over the edge.
    What I thought was odd, was how they'd BOTH call someone on their cellphones when they'd get in a heated argument with each other. What's that all about?? "yea..he called the cops..I can't believe it either".. wtf!?
    They BOTH need to grow up..it's getting pretty obvious that they're too young to have an adult relationship at this point.
    Ryan seems to be overbearing. Especially when he started yelling at Brandon while on the phone talking to the new trainer. "Can you at LEAST help me out with this!?! Are youu going to?? Answer me!!" :rolleyes
    Brandon cracked me up though.. "Can we at least warm me up to the idea of it, by maybe having dinner first??"
    Funny stuff!

Chalsey (or however you spell it).. boy, I think she (owner) was lucky that that guy paid her for the child's party that she royally flubbed up! She looked actually embarrassed to ask for the $$.
    What was ironic about the dog show, was how she kept reiterating to the camera that "typically she doesn't keep walking around the ring..once, maybe twice..then she's got it"! Whatcha know? She blows it and forgets the course!

When I saw Chelsay with the hurt paw..it totally took me back to the days of my dogs. Whenever their paws get cut, you just KNOW it's killing them..and it takes so long to heal! The poor baby. Also, it seems the dog is her sole $$ and life..you just KNOW she's dying!!

Moira and the son. I'm not totally sure about them yet.. I hated how she wouldn't let him do certain things with the dog in front of his classmates. Wth?? No matter what, she always thinks she's gotta upstage everyone. Let the kid impress his classmates..I mean, isn't that WHY the dog is there in the 1st place!? Sheesh.
    The whole toothgate.. I think she coulda helped him out a lil better.. ask him where he lost it, cordon that area off and say you'll look with him LATER. Since she has all of these paying students, I could understand her keeping her promise to them to continue teaching. After class, then ask if anyone wants to help look for it.. if nobody will, at least you didn't SHOOT down your kid's idea of having everyone look. Either way..he, himself said he doesn't believe in the tooth fairy..so, I didn't understand his big concern.
    Then again, I can.. because I get attached to very personal things also. I have kept my teeth from dentist visits even..and I'm adult. I dunno why.

The lady in the park with the biter-dog. "He bites my vag#n#a". Wth?!?! That sorta stuff would warrant a nice crack on the a$$.. no way is that acceptable. Especially when he does it to strangers! Why does she allow him to run away from her!?? I mean..I know you can lose control of your dog at times, but iMO, she looked and acted as if she doesn't even care.
    Didn't she tell the animal control officer that his name is LUCKY???

The kooky couple with the whippets. OY vay.. get rid of the rocks in the backyard!! It was annoying the crap outta me when they were picking up the poop along with a pile of rocks. Ugh..there's no way I could continue doing that.. give them grass or something else that's easier on the paws and for cleanup!!

I ALWAYS wondered about those dog show judges. It seemed that he chose the chow cuz he loves chows.. which isn't fair IMO.
    Also, all the washing of the dogs that they did (rear-ends) and as she's walking to the show, they both took some big ole dumps!!! Hilarious.

I'm loving this show.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

+ Reply to Thread