+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: Showdog Moms and Dads (Bravo)

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    ::sigh:: I missed the last episode. I trust Bravo in that they'll run it again.
    Believe me, they will rerun it til the tape wears out, lol!
    check out www.bravotv.com and you will be able to get a schedule .

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter
    Yeh...what was up with George and his whining about Kyra's back? He was really going off on it. Who gives a sh*t if she lays in the floor...its her back!
    Her husband is french kissing dogs and Connie is worried about someone laying on a "dirty" floor.

All right, I finally caught the last episode. Kyra was *sooo* faking her back troubles and I can understand the other's disgust at her dramatics. I hope Randy divorces her and runs off with the cat. I feel that Brandon and Ryan pretended to want to have a show dog in order to get publicity for their store, High Maintenance Bitch. I don't know what I'd do with five big dogs running around the house, but Lourdes seems capable of handling them all; Isabella is adorable! George and Connie are...well. George and Connie And finally, I loved seeing Moira break down when speaking about Adam!
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smartycat
    I think this show is representative of a great number of the nut jobs in dog breeding and showing. I work in the veterinary field and I'm not sure if I could name one breeder / show person that wasn't what I consider a bit wacky. Some are smarter and more decent than others, but I think you have to be a bit wacko to even get into the business of breeding / showing. I have a friend who's mom breeds Standard Poodles. While I think she is a good breeder and an overall nice / sane woman, even my friend finally came to realize that when it came to the dogs, her mother was a little goofy
    I'll bet you have just about seen it all! I used to go along to a lot of dog shows just to watch, and when I watch this show I can relate every one of them to someone I've seen in real life. It just cracks me up. I didn't want to snark on my SIL, but you are right. Ever since she got into breeding/showing it's been nothing but dogs dogs dogs 24/7. I was so glad that Moira listened to what Lourdes said and finally started to appreciate what she has. Too many times the family gets ignored while the dogs get all the attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Texicana
    All right, I finally caught the last episode. Kyra was *sooo* faking her back troubles and I can understand the other's disgust at her dramatics. I hope Randy divorces her and runs off with the cat. I feel that Brandon and Ryan pretended to want to have a show dog in order to get publicity for their store, High Maintenance Bitch. I don't know what I'd do with five big dogs running around the house, but Lourdes seems capable of handling them all; Isabella is adorable! George and Connie are...well. George and Connie And finally, I loved seeing Moira break down when speaking about Adam!
    I also loved watching Moira handle the birth of the puppies. I liked her a lot at the end of the show.
    I watched Kyra again and yeah, she could have been faking it. The way George was ragging on her still ticked me off. He is just an ass.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone
    I was so glad that Moira listened to what Lourdes said and finally started to appreciate what she has. Too many times the family gets ignored while the dogs get all the attention.

I also loved watching Moira handle the birth of the puppies. I liked her a lot at the end of the show.
    I too am glad that she heard what Lourdes what telling her. I thought she was very much improved but, I think I heard her "barking" at her son to clean up when her dog's water broke.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone
    Kyra drove me nuts the way she can't get out a sentence without laughing while she's talking. That said, when George was bad mouthing her when she hurt her back it made me so mad. I disliked George the most out of anybody. It would still be fun to have them all back for another season except for Brandon and Ryan. I don't have a problem with them as a couple, it was just the constant whining, crying and drama queen attitude that I have completely had enough of.
    Not only that, but it seemed clear that B & R were only on the show to promote that business. I agree, it was certainly a case of "enough already!"
    When one of the women said they gave gays a bad name, that was so right on. On an ongoing basis, I think their segments annoyed me more than George's, although both were bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter
    Yeh...what was up with George and his whining about Kyra's back? He was really going off on it. Who gives a sh*t if she lays in the floor...its her back!
    Yes. Having had back problems, I found his attitude insufferable.
    If someone is injured but can walk around a few hours later, does that mean they are faking? No. He's not a doctor. He was in no position to judge how someone was hurt, and yet he made snipey, uncalled-for comments.

I think Kyra may have taken advantage of the dog handler (Lourdes was so generous to "lend" him), but none of it was any of George's business.

P.S. to whoever said Lourdes' new puppy Isabella is adorable, we agree!! But why pick such a cold-weather-bred furball to live in Miami? Well, maybe they are always in air conditioning.
    Last edited by Harvest; 05-20-2005 at 12:23 PM.

Premium Member
    Just for fun I typed "Chalcy" in my browser window and found their website. Kyra makes up to $1500 for those performances. Maybe I need to start training for a new career.

FORT Fan
    I watch this show strictly for entertainment purposes only - These people are just plain NUTS.

I watch the show too. However, I have no patience for the gay guys, nothing to do with their sexual orientation. I am gay also. Its just that they are too much for me. I can not stand that type of behavior. Grow up shithead.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011