+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Iron Chef America

Iron Chef America

Anyone watching the new Iron Chef America? What happened to Wolfgang Puck? If I'm not mistaken, he was in the premiere, along with Bobby Flay and Mario Batali as one of the three iron chefs. But, in the last couple episodes Morimoto is in between Bobby and Mario. What gives?

My other comment is that I wish they'd quit with the live ingredients already. I'm not a fulltime vegetarian and I am aware that meat was once alive, but seeing it alive one minute and getting filleted a moment later disturbs me. The last two shows that I saw were with live catfish, and live lobsters.

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    Trout Ice Cream with Eyeball!

sorry, it just had to be said...carry on as you were.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

I love it when they have live theme ingredients...this is all about show, so what better than to see them take a live animal to usable parts in mere seconds? And let's face it, the fresher the better.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Quote Originally Posted by Chorita KaBoom
    Trout Ice Cream with Eyeball!
    See, that would have won high marks on regular Iron Chef.

I forgot about the trout, yet one more live ingredient! I'm waiting for the live chicken challenge or maybe the live mooing calf.

It's a bird, it's a plane EXlurker's Avatar
    I love Iron Chef! I'm not sure what happened to Puck but I know he's not in the new series. The Iron Chef America will only have Flay, Batali, and Marimoto. I'm disappointed too because Wolfgang is really fun to watch.

I've noticed some minor changes to the new show. I wonder why the challenger doesn't get to pick which Iron Chef to battle? Are they told to prepare a certain number of dishes? I also noticed each chef has to plate only one setting by the time is up. Next episode looks good, I think it's Flay against the East meets West chef from the food channel.

Ex, I love Wolfie...he's one of the chef's who's career I most admire. A chef from the old school, if you will. He didn't go to some fancy culinary academy like some of the young guns...he came up the hard way, interning in a European hotel and working his way up.

I can't wait til Flay goes up against Ming Tsai....Go Ming, go!

I *think* why we saw Puck in the beginning was from the introductory shows last year where Morimoto and Sakai competed against the American chefs of which Puck was one. I believe Morimoto was alway supposed to be one the American chefs on the actual series. He has been cooking in New York and Philadelphia for years.

A friend brought up an interesting point...Which women chefs would you like to see take on an Iron Chef?? Maybe Suzanne Goins from California?
    Last edited by Texicana; 01-25-2005 at 09:16 PM.

Gene Burns on KGO radio in San Francisco has a Saturday morning show called Dining Around. On January 8th, he interviewed Cat Cora who will be the first female Iron Chef. I didn't hear the whole interview but it sounded as though she was coming after the first several episodes. She is an author and chef in the Napa Valley.

That rocks, Applesauce, thanks for that bit of info!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast