+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Iron Chef America

Re: Iron Chef America

Quote Originally Posted by iguanachocolate;3053241;
    excuse me if i missed this - but when did Robert Irvine get fired? they just featured him on the Next Food Network Star show as having the dinner impossible gig.
    In March. Here's an article about him being fired--
    Liar Liar: Chef Robert Irvine Fired From Food Network - FameCrawler
    And here are two articles about his lies--
    'Fraudulent' British celebrity chef faces sack from US TV show after claiming he made Diana's wedding cake | Mail Online
    Southpinellas: TV chef spiced up his past exploits

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LocaCola;3049932;
    That sucks. I bet you're right. Morimoto is like the coolest ever! I love him.
    Mmmm, so will agree there I have been a fan of his for years. I am a true IC junkie!

I wasn't such a fan of ICA, I don’t like Bobby Flay and can't stand Cat Cora. However, with the addition of Cleveland's own Michael Symon.. I tend to watch more and more, I love him to death, and couldn't have been happier then to see a home town boy win! Lolita is a wonderful place to eat!!! Michael Symon: Lola and Lolita

I’m also excited to hear he’s taking over one of my newest faves.. Dinner Impossible. I liked Robert.. but eh, things change for whatever reason, glad to have Symon on board!! I also read he’s going to be featured a new show called Dear Food Network that should be fun to see how he helps us aspiring cooks
    Last edited by FireWoman; 06-13-2008 at 01:16 PM.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

I hope with all he's doing, his restaurant's don't suffer.

And too bad he lost to April Bloomfield last night, but that olive oil sorbet sounded really gross (not as bad as butterscotch scallops, but still....). Of course, I hate olives anyway. And her food really looked spectacular. I was almost licking the tv screen at that guinea hen.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

as i'm watching a rerun of this show, i can't help but think how NICE it would be if they made the recipes available for the concoctions they come up with on this show. if something like that exists, can someone point me in the right direction? i did a search for 'iron chef america recipes' and came up empty handed. but man, some of those things look so freaking yummy and because they're doing so much at one time, the camera never focuses on something very long.

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;3106942;
    as i'm watching a rerun of this show, i can't help but think how NICE it would be if they made the recipes available for the concoctions they come up with on this show. if something like that exists, can someone point me in the right direction? i did a search for 'iron chef america recipes' and came up empty handed. but man, some of those things look so freaking yummy and because they're doing so much at one time, the camera never focuses on something very long.
    I went to the Food Network website, and although they are very generous in sharing the majority of their recipes, they apparently never share those. I went to the Iron Chef page and it was just bio info on the chefs, judges etc., so then I typed in "Guinea Hen" into the recipe search bar and got several results, but none by the chefs you were interested in.

Sorry...
    Susan

I wonder if the reason for no recipes for Iron Chef is that there's (A) no actual recipe 'cuz they're winging it, or (B) the recipes would be for dishes used in their restaurants, and they don't want to share.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3111638;
    I wonder if the reason for no recipes for Iron Chef is that there's (A) no actual recipe 'cuz they're winging it, or (B) the recipes would be for dishes used in their restaurants, and they don't want to share.
    I watched a "behind the scenes" Iron Chef show about a year ago, and it's more scripted than we might think. They are given a choice of secret ingredients and then they are given several hours to prepare dishes based on those ingredients. So when the show is ready to roll they know that the secret ingredient will be something that is already well rehearsed, and several of the chefs said that many of the dishes they prepare in competition are dishes they have prepared before. You are correct, I believe, in that these are probably recipes that are served in their restaurants, and they don't want to share those.
    Susan

Never mind....found the thread I was hunting for....disregard and taking this to the Next Iron Chef thread.

Did anyone watch this tonight? I just saw Iron Chef Mario Bateli double dip. He gave a taste to Emeril, put the spoon back in the bowl and he took a taste, then went back to stirring with the same spoon. All I can say is the Chopped judges would have gone nutso over it.
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by captain;3782493;
    Did anyone watch this tonight? I just saw Iron Chef Mario Bateli double dip. He gave a taste to Emeril, put the spoon back in the bowl and he took a taste, then went back to stirring with the same spoon. All I can say is the Chopped judges would have gone nutso over it.
    It's not on for another two hours here, but I'm planning to watch.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread