+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Iron Chef America

I'm I the only one who doesn't like cooking shows like the Iron Chef?
    The whole "warrior" theme is just bizarre. I'm like, you're cooking squid, for Chrissakes, not conquering some army.
    I don't know something about cooking as an elevated competition or worse, audience entertainment (bam!), bugs me.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by candor
    I'm I the only one who doesn't like cooking shows like the Iron Chef?
    The whole "warrior" theme is just bizarre. I'm like, you're cooking squid, for Chrissakes, not conquering some army.
    Aw Candor, it's fun. The original show, with its over-the-top campiness, dubbed commentary, and Japanese sense of taste (eyeballs, anyone?) is great entertainment. We lose that in the American version, but now we get to watch for things we might actually cook.

Now as for Emeril and his audience, BAM I change the channel. His audience is a bunch of crazy groupies who cheer for no reason.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chorita KaBoom
    Trout Ice Cream with Eyeball!

sorry, it just had to be said...carry on as you were.
    I have been loving that one. I'm sure he really made that, once I watched the original Iron Chef and one of them made ice cream out of Conger eel.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by applesauce
    Gene Burns on KGO radio in San Francisco has a Saturday morning show called Dining Around. On January 8th, he interviewed Cat Cora who will be the first female Iron Chef. I didn't hear the whole interview but it sounded as though she was coming after the first several episodes. She is an author and chef in the Napa Valley.
    Isn't she the one who does the Kitchen Accomplished show? I'd love to see her on Iron Chef.

Quote Originally Posted by MalibuPam
    Now as for Emeril and his audience, BAM I change the channel. His audience is a bunch of crazy groupies who cheer for no reason.
    I'm so sick of Emeril and all those women in the audience drooling over him. He's way too full of himself. :phhht

Puck had scheduling conflicts the week they filmed the battles. Cat Cora is supposed to be a "surprise", which is why FTV doesn't have her listed on it's ICA page, and I believe her battle will be one of the last of the group. There's also a site called the "Culinary Detective" where he takes readers' questions and gets answers from the producer, Flay, or Mario.

Haivart
    Iron Fans Online

It's a bird, it's a plane EXlurker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Texicana
    Ex, I love Wolfie...he's one of the chef's who's career I most admire. A chef from the old school, if you will. He didn't go to some fancy culinary academy like some of the young guns...he came up the hard way, interning in a European hotel and working his way up.

I can't wait til Flay goes up against Ming Tsai....Go Ming, go!
    Hi Texi!

Which cuisine reigns supreme? How about that foie gras creme brulee?

I'm a Morimoto fan personally. I loved the old show when he would piss off the "traditional" Japanese chefs by going off on his experimental tangent.

BTW, my 3 y/o loves the show. His favorite thing to say is "Allez-cuizine!"

Quote Originally Posted by MalibuPam

I agree wholeheartedly. The audience is filled with a bunch of L7's trying to be cool by association. Sad truth is that he is such a corndog. Emeril "jumped the shark" with that sad, sad television "show."

Quote Originally Posted by EXlurker
    Hi Texi!

Which cuisine reigns supreme? How about that foie gras creme brulee?
    Not for me, Ex! I am against all things foie gras!
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Iron Chef America

I guess since there is a thread for Home and Makeover shows but not Food shows, this "other" forum would be where to discuss this show. We love it!

+ Reply to Thread