+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Town Haul

FORT Fan
    I watched the first two episodes of Town Haul and was so disappointed. Not at all because of the townspeople! Kelly and John, thank you for your comments here. I had to stop watching because it bugged me how much the production crew seemed to fall down on the job and just couldn't get back up.

Pulling apart Kelly's Kones and then not making sure there was enough room for everything to go back in? Kelly does it meet your needs at this point? I hope so! And I definitely felt for Bridget, they expected way too much of her.

What was up with the lack of proper equipment? On the second episode, they had a broken jackhammer and ONE shovel? Got all these volunteers and no equipment for them to do the job? And then... oh don't let them leave!? What is up with that?

I don't like the way they appointed job project managers without asking them ahead of time, then being surprised when it's too much for them to handle.

I really really hope that in the end, this was a good thing for the town of Jeffersonville. But it seems like there was way too much for these people to go through in order to get the end result.

I’m glad to see that most people can see through the smoke screen created by the editing staff at TRUE ENTERTAINMENT. I’m not sure what the actual agenda was here, but one thing I do know is their claims of re-doing a whole town are far from factual.

The jury was still out for me on Miss Genevieve but after watching her twist several questions and issues into something completely different to suit the dramatic impact of the last episode I really can’t take her seriously. How dare someone question her vision!

Other than that they did a terrific job at the Firehouse. With an overwhelming approval rating from the membership there, it was a refreshing update to a relaxing space for our Firefighters to unwind.

One of the things that was funny to see was all of the people who don’t even live in Jeffersonville flocking into town to work on these projects just so they could be on TV. I kept wondering who are some of these people. Where did they all come from? Some were locals who never volunteered for anything in the past, would they come back to work on future projects now that the cameras are gone?

I certainly want to praise all those individuals who are always there when it counts for projects in the Village. Members of the JEMS (Jeffersonville Enhances Main Street) and the Chamber of Commerce have always been busy keeping “Jeff” spruced up. Many of them were featured on different episodes and rightly so, they deserve the recognition and then some! Jeffersonville has always been a beautiful and thriving little Village and I’m sure that it will continue to thrive even after this TOWN HAUL “intervention”.

John, I didn't get the impression at all that Jeff was shabby. It's a typical small town, with small town looks. Having lived in the Maryland/DC area, I have seen them, and now in Missouri, they are all over the place. They have a certain character that big cities will never have. I was interested in the show to see how a designer would spruce up a small town, not to see overblown drama for the sake of "good tv". I do like how the people that felt they were getting screwed by being in charge would politely tell them to shove it and walked off and make the crew do a bit of soul searching and grovelling. I don't know now if I will watch the next town makeover or not. As far as taxpayer money being spent, I don't think that was right, a partial funding maybe for the park, but not for the businesses. That should have been all show production funding, and the sidestepping of building codes and all should not have taken place. I was also surprised by the one jackhammer and one shovel thing, that was stupidity at its best. Who is doing the planning behind the scenes of this show? Three monkees with a football?
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Ilikai, I never meant to infer that you personally thought Jeff was shabby, I guess I was just speaking in general about how I saw our Village being portrayed.

I have to say that I don’t think one iota of thought went into the overall planning for these projects. There were never any blueprints or architectural drawings presented to anyone for any of these projects.

Miss Genevieve ought to do something to re-build her image instead of coming off like the spoiled diva. She was very personable to everyone off camera and really quite quirky and fun. This persona she has on camera makes her look obnoxious.
    As for Ray Romano……He was pretty full of himself, and BS too!

Quote Originally Posted by John Robie
    As for Ray Romano……He was pretty full of himself, and BS too!
    Yes, this was exactly my impression of Ray, and a major reason I wasn't too interested in continuing to watch the show.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

FORT Newbie

Town Haul's new town.

I read in TV Guide this week Town Haul is coming to Laurens SC . I live near there does anybody know if they have started there are they finished??Any and all information would be appreciated. I went to Spartanburg SC when they did Trading Spaces it was great!
    GypRoseLee
    Watching 22 hours of reality shows a week

Town Haul Laurens

Gypsy Rose, Town Haul has come & thankfully left Laurens. They came in Nov. thinking it would be warm & we had one of the coldest Decembers on record. Although, they left our town with a few good things it all was basically a mess. The crew & "Talent" had no respect for the town or the South. Typical Yankee's they came with the idea that they would "fix" our perceived social problems. What they ended up doing was creating an awful lot of animosity & wasted a tremendous amount of money.
    They have a new "Gen. Contractor" for Laurens, a pretty boy, who in public was as obnoxious as Ray Romano but he may come off better on TV.
    Gen, should stick with her trained profession of Graphic Design. She really doesn't know a thing about building & she seems stuck on the same retro 70's colors. Either that or they had some of that psychedelic green left over from Jeffersonville. She actually thinks that they are newly discovered colors. :phhht

Uh oh, wastedmoney.... sorry to hear that it was yet another disappointment.

I never was a fan of Gen's on Trading Spaces.. but I'm sorry to see that her style seems to be having a detrimental effect on entire towns in her new show. Hopefully you all survived and have been able to return to normal.

Sorry to see that carpetbagger mentality hasn't died out yet.

I'm glad Ray is gone, but it sounds like whoever the new GC is isn't much better personality-wise. I'll watch at least the first episode of the Laurens show, but it sounds like it may not be something I'll want to catch more of.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

oh boy, this show sounds like its sinking lower than a snakes belly in a wagon rut. TLC or whoever obviously went about this the wrong way. Thanks Wastedmoney for an insight to how it really was. Is there any info you can give when it airs as to how things really went compared to how it looks on camera? That would be interesting to read, and it would be the only reason I would watch town 2.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

+ Reply to Thread