+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Town Haul

I wish I'd watched the second episode now.
    I was so put off by the first I didn't bother.

I have to agree with Nem, drama for drama's sake does not interest me, particularly not on a decorating show where I find myself constantly looking for things I think they've either done incorrectly or in a slapdash manner and will fall apart within weeks.

Sounds as though this has worked out for you, Kelly.
    I'm pleased

eny
    FORT Fogey
    I agree . A lot of people that go on "reality shows" make some kind sad third rate career choice. You folks just seem like innocent bystanders that kind of got pulled in by the whirlwind. The big difference is you didn't ask for it by having your agent sign you on for the next big show. You just lived in the town they happened to pick to do the show.
    Whole different thing , and they have no right to play things up for drama in a negative way. This really is real for the people in the town , because I'm sure when the trucks went away, life went on. I hope you'll stay on too , and give our support to the town.

FORT Newbie
    Guys thank you so much for making me feel welcomed! I think your stuck with me for awhile,its great therapy for me to be able to come here and vent! I will give the message of support! I must admit I really hope someone makes a bigger ass of themselves then I did though! I love them all, but I would like the focus to be on somebody other than Bridget or I! Hope that doesn't make me a evil person I've just had enough for now! I really think I'll take the cake as far as asses go though, too late now! All you can do is laugh about and pray there's not too many reruns(HAHA) A producer from the city came to town looking for Bridget yesterday, he wanted Bridget and I to do some traveling play acting as nuns, yes I said nuns! Could you imagine we would be saying Hail Mary's until doomesday! It was good for a laugh though. Thanks again for giving me the chance to get to know you all, and having a place to vent, you really don't understand what it means to me! Have a great night, Kelly

Ok, I gave in and watched another episode of Town Haul tonight. It's Kelley's fault, she's been so nice and helpful regarding the show, I decided to give it another try.

One thing I have to say about this show. Ray Romano. omg, I want to slap this guy and send him home to sit in a corner. This guy gets on my last nerve, he's such a jerk and immature moron. And is he supposed to be the show sex symbol or something? Puhleeze :rolleyes Some of his lame antics might be funny or cute if he did it for just a few minutes. Once. But this moron makes a career out of it, and it isn't funny when it drones on and on in every project, and everyone else is working hard. It's just lame. I kept hoping Kathy would turn him over her knee and give him the spanking he needs.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

FORT Newbie
    Sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kathy was afraid what they were going to have on the show because she's not one for holding back! Well 3 down 3 to go! The Firehouse show should be good. I missed alot of the filming of the next 3 shows because of my other job. My younger daughters are in bits of some, and on the fifth epi they took some clips from a party at my house with about 30 Vettes here so of course my husband is worked up for that one. The youth center came out really nice too! We'll have to wait and see what it looks like on tv though. Just found out at my doctors office that somebody from Callicoon (next town over) is going to be on Wife Swap! God bless them! I'll let you know what I hear on that.

The thing I can't understand is Ray complaining about the stress. This is a General Contractor? I did over 20 years in construction and never met a GC that let it get to him like Ray does. Good thing they didn't give me a gold hat, I would have jumped in his face with both feet the first time he went "Peter Pan" while I was around the job.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

I enjoyed the Firehall episode last night...it turned out really well and the guys seemed to like it, even the "old" guys.
    I'm glad that the landscape guy gets to do something more this time (I don't remember his name)....
    ---------------------
    opps....

That episode really showed how some people don't like change, even though the hangout area was getting run down. What was with that one guy that was giving Gen grief? He seemed to be trying to be a major pain in the ass to her. (I know, editting may be a factor) Then when she zeroed in on how he liked it, he was backpedalling about the whole thing like he was innocent.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

As a lifelong resident of Jeffersonville all I can say is don’t believe everything you see on this reality TV show “Town Haul”. Many people who got caught up in this TV hysteria thought that it was going to do something wonderful for our little Village. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Ilikai, it’s funny you mention that you suspect that “editing may be a factor”. You certainly hit the nail on the head there. Being around for most of what took place I can attest to that. In fact editing played a major role in how a legitimate question was made out to be something it was not. As for Miss Genevieve storming off in a huff after the firefighter asked this question, this was carefully edited and was pure drama on her part created for your viewing pleasure.

The fact of the matter is that this entire show was based on the magic of editing. There wouldn’t be a story otherwise. They were very careful not to show the entire Village as you would see that it was far from the shabby little town as they have portrayed to be, in desperate need of the savior designer and her team. I could go on and on about how zoning laws were ignored and how taxpayer money was spent without consent but those who chose to be a part of this farce will surely brand me a malcontent. Truth be known TRUE ENTERTAINMENT, the production company for TOWN HAUL, isn’t very true at all. Well maybe the entertainment part.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Thanks for weighing in John

Quote Originally Posted by John Robie
    I could go on and on about how zoning laws were ignored and how taxpayer money was spent without consent but those who chose to be a part of this farce will surely brand me a malcontent.
    As I said from the first episode, I couldn't see how in the world they did what they did, because in the real world you just can't do some of those things without a months long battle in comittees. I once had a battle that lasted almost a year over a stupid back porch on a property.

All zoning laws must have been thrown out the windows , and the by-law enforcement crew sent to fetch paint or something. As for taxpayer money - Yikes that doesn't sound good. They should have coughed up any and all money when you consider what they do on other shows.

+ Reply to Thread