+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516

Thread: Town Haul

Hi KellysKones! Hows business over there? Have you seen more tourists this year?

I am near Washington, Mo., the location for the next installment of Town Haul. The reception has been great, thus far, and the community is very enthusiastic about being chosen for the show. However, I am beginning to wonder if maybe the show is starting to lose some of its initial charm?

FORT Newbie
    A Washington guy here. I think it's really cool that Town Haul has chosen Washington MO for it's next series. I have volunteered for them and met the show cast. They're all really nice people, and are helping alot of people in need. I am however, shocked that they have so far only done one structure that is not a residence. I expected them to do more "landmark to the community" type buildings than homes.

Anyway, my experience volunteering was different, to say the least. When you watch the shows on TLC, everything happens so fast, that I thought we'd fly through our project. NOT!!! It's disorganized! I thought it would be a lot different, but I'm still glad I helped, and I encourage other people to help also. I suppose with so much happening at multiple locations in the town, it's hard for the staff of the show to have complete control of everyone and everything at once. Although it wasn't well organized, I met a lot of new people in the community and from TLC, and helped a great cause!

No kidding

Quote Originally Posted by Namaste
    I am beginning to wonder if maybe the show is starting to lose some of its initial charm?
    darlin' the show lost its charm long time ago. Read back in these forums or peruse some other forums on the net re folks response to the show.

[QUOTE=booker] I am however, shocked that they have so far only done one structure that is not a residence. I expected them to do more "landmark to the community" type buildings than homes.

fly through our project. NOT!!! It's disorganized! [QUOTE]

Hey Booker, Haven't you figured it out yet? TH's motive/agenda has nothing to do with your town or the folks in it, as they probably let you know ad nauseum, it is all about them & only them.

The "needy folks" they help better start taking donations now for the whopping amount of taxes they will have to pay when TH sends them their hyper inflated 1099. Also, for funds to repair, finish, redo any thing TH did that is non functional.

If they did too many public projects they can't send a 1099 as most towns are non profit. But the poor folk are free game. TH gets to take huge write offs for "donating" stuff to the poor folks & they get to look like the real good guys. After all, bless their hearts they are helping out poor, pitiful folk.

Glad you enjoyed volunteering but somethings never change. They were so discombobulated in Laurens they lost 1/2 their volunteers on any given day. "Show up at 8A, volunteers": aside "we have such little respect for you hicks we will show up at 12p."

See their agenda is not your agenda.

Have fun.

FORT Newbie
    Booker, don't listen to the 'nah-sayers', they do not know what they are talking about. We had a good time with Gen and crew. Not everything went perfect, but overall.......it was a memorable and positive experiance. Oh, and the tax part........don't listen to that either, she is clueless.
    Enjoy your 15 minutes of fame. It is more than most people get.

There is going to be a new 4 wk series of Town Haul. I think it starts next week. I am sure this will make a lot of people happy.

What is this show?

Does anyone know what this show is about? Destruction seems to be the major focus.

I can't believe they revived this show. I was hoping it was gone for good.
    You know how alcohol makes people let down their prohibitions Ms Rap Supreme on VH1

FORT Newbie

Town Haul - Laurens, SC

I'm desperately trying to locate video copies of the Town Haul series that was taped in Laurens, SC to give to my grandmother who was born and raised there. Any suggestions?

+ Reply to Thread