+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: KIng of theJungle - Pairs

KIng of theJungle - Pairs

Can't believe it Animal Planet actually made another KOTJ show, but it is really hard finding any information about it. I tried AP and google but didn't have any luck. I think 2 or 3 episodes have already shown. It is on Saturday at 7pm EST.

More Info

Animal Planet is not promoting this at all and this info was hard to find even on the Discovery website. Under animal.discovery.com/schedule/weekly.jsp.

This show started last week on Jan 15th. The first showing is at 7pm EST and repeats the next day at 2am.

Yesterday (1/21) was the second episode.

7 pairs are in this competition. There is already a King whose name is Dave and he is partnered with a female named Petite. People are already grumbling how this couple has taken over the camp. There is a Lion's Pit, the set has changed a bit. Madison is still hosting. 2 people have been eliminated so far.
    There are at least 7 episodes and the 7th episode is scheduled for Feb 27th.

Thanks for the heads up on this Bearcata! I had absolutey no idea it was going on or I'd have been watching. I set my DVR this morning after reading your post, but unfortunately it was too late for those first couple of episodes. Here's to hoping that they'll repeat them all in a marathon like most of those channels do.

Show on tonite at 7pm on Animal Planet

This is just a reminder for people to watch tonite.

3rd episode 1/29

In the first episode Troy was eliminated.

In the second episode Lori was eliminated.

After the Lion's Pit everyone goes to see and talk about an Eastern Grey Kangaroo. Males are known as bomba's, females are does and babies are joey's. A group of kangaroos is known as a mob. The males are mature at 2 yrs of age. They can jump at a top speed of 40 mph and leap 30 ft in one bound. The females gestate for 30 days and then the baby crawls from the mothers womb to her pouch were it stays for 8 months. The baby is on its own after 18 months.

The challenge was quite interesting as this was the first pair challenge. One partner answered the question and one jumped. They had a tramoline apparatus set up and the jumper would jump off a 1 foot block onto the trampoline and jump over a pole. For every wrong answer the pole would be raised higher. The first 2 questions almost everyone got wrong and I am going are you people stupid or what. The first question dealt with what is it called when an animal lives in the trees? Arboreal. The second question deal with how are chimpanzees listed on the wild species list? Endangered. No one got it.

This guy Himbley or something like that from Alabama and his partner won and he became king. He was the life of the party type of guy.

The King was allowed to take only 2 people on the reward and he took Lisa and Wendy. They saw a Monitor lizard and a Horned Toad and a Gila Monster.
    On the way back they decided to play a joke on the others and say that they had actually gone to a Lion's Pit. They almost convinced some of the others until Lisa couldn't keep her face straight.

Back at the camp He and Lisa and Wendy and some others discussed getting rid of David. David is this 40 yr old hair salon owner but he is built and he works out and everyone sees him as a physical threat. The King ended picking Lori cause her partner Troy had been eliminated and she felt an outsider because he was gone and she didn't like the way the game was being played and she basically volunteered to go home. The other lady picked was Wendy. The ladies discussed a strategy before hand and Wendy would only answer a question if she was 100% sure because Lisa did not want to accidently win.

It took 5 trys but Lisa was eliminated.

Why am I watching this? Cause I'm a hopeless addict, I already know the answer to that question, but anyways....

This pairs thing just isn't doing it for me after catching my first episode of it, maybe if I'd seen it for the first two I'd feel differently, but hey, I didn't and I'm not diggin it. I'll try another week or two just to see if I an feel better once I get to know the contestants some, but so far it's off to a rough start here in my house.

I think I'm going to skip this season.

The network needs to go back to the original format, AND bring back Jeff Corwin as the host. That guy was funny.

I'm really disappointed with "Discovery" I have tried contacting them about King of the Jungle 3 times. They have not made ANY effort to let me know if they will be updating the KOTJ website.
    I have watched the 1st 2 seasons....but I've already missed 3 or 4 shows this season. I might as well forget it now.

2/5 episode comments

FYI - 2 hour episode next week still don't know if it is from 7 pm to 9pm or 6pm to 8 pm.

Comments from Hindley the current king. Sisters Lori and Lisa are now both gone and he feels that everyone left really wants to be here and therefore it is now a level playing field.

They get Monkey Mail. Last season it was Bird Mail and this season it is Monkey Mail. The monkey is cute. They all go out to see a elephant. Now we have had the elephant lecture in the last season and by know we all know that an elephants' trunk contains 30,000 muscles. But did we know that an elephant can carry a gallon and a half of liquid in their trunks. Elephants are incredibly quite. This female weights 5,000 pounds and no one heard her coming into the clearing. They also explain that the reason elephants are so wrinkled is that this means there is more skin and it is more cooling. Most people know that there are 2 species of elephants the African and Asian but how many species of African elephants are there? Two, the bush and forest.
    The elephant is on the endangered species list due to poaching. Elephants have amazing memories and can understand up to 200 words. In the wild they live up to 60 yrs. They will have 6 sets of molars during there lifetime, a pair of molars usually lasts 10 yrs and then they grow a new set. After the 6th set is gone they can't eat and it is nature way of saying it is time to go.

Now we go on to the challenge. It is a puzzle with matching pieces. Each pair has a chance. The others are hidden behind a screen so they cannot see the tiles another team exposes. They is an elimination peice. If a red crocodile is exposed the team is eliminated. The crocodile totem is Hindleys; the current king. Hindley is not participating in this challenge, just so there are an even number of people to partner up. This takes a long time to complete and a team is eliminated. David and Petite win and since David has already been King the King's Amulet goes to Petite.

Back at camp Petite takes 2 people to the reward challenge and they get to hang out with some bushbabies. The bushbabies are cute and everyone adores them. The thing I remember most about the bushbabies is how they mark their trails and get back to their home territory. Bushbabies urinate on their feet and this scent marks their trail and they follow the scent back home. And we see this bushbabies climbing all over the contestents and sitting in their hair and the folks are loving it. I guess bushbaby pee smells ok, or makes for a great hair conditioner.

Back at camp it is time to choose people to go to the Lion's Pit. David is going over strategy with Petite. David suggests that if a couple is divided it is better if the females go to the Lion's Pit because if the males go home the female is more vicious about getting revenge. Petite decide that Wendy is exempt, because she lost her partner Troy in the first lion's Pit and Petite promised Troy that she would look after Wendy. Wendy comments that a lot of people think Petite is 2 faced but since Petite is keeping her word and protecting her she does not feel that way. Petite informs the remaining 4 couples that they need to choose who should go to the Lion's Pit based on who wants it the most, ( as far as winning, I think) She then puts the 4 amulets in a bag and picks 2. Lolita and Stephan are going. There is a lot of grumbling about the process , because if people are being sent to the pit they would rather it be for a reason and not random.

In the Lion's pit instead of a ring pole, the contests have a stick which they use to hit a pole that falls down and rings a gong, then they get to answer the question. I guess watching people get injured last season made them change how they were doing this part of the challenge. Also before you had to wait for the question to be finished and Madison said 'answer' and truth be told I think this gave the men an advantage. This time if you think you know the answer hit the pole without waiting for Madison to finish. Lolita beat Stephan 3 times and answered all 3 questions correctly, They were all about the elephant they had seen and the questions involed the amount of liquid they could carry in their trunks, how long their tusks grow and how many sets of molars they grow. Madison only got out 2 or 3 words and Lolita jumped on it. Stephan was upset because he knew all the answers he just wasn't quick enough. Madison did finish reading the questions before she told the contestents if they were correct, so we in the audience would know the context and not feel lost.

So ends another fascinating episode of KOJ - pairs. Next week they will meet some wolf cubs and the preview for that looked great.

2/12 episode

Well last week Madison said that this week would be a 2 hour episode but I checked the sacred TV Guide, Animal Planets TV schedule and even Yahoo TV and they all said 1 episode. Well , in the future I just should turn on the TV.

Looks as if there was a 2 hour episode. If it was Animal Planet should have noted the hours last week so I wouldn't have to look for it and still get it wrong.

The group met a giraffe. Later the pride was divided into 2 groups and 3 members were captured by poachers and put into cages for 20 hours. The captured members were Matt, Hindley and Thomas. Hindley and Thomas are a pair. They met a baby macaque and then had to compete in a challenge. Madison gave them a series of questions about giraffes and the answers were numbers (They were given pen and paper to write the answers down) that was actually a combination to a lock on a box in their individual cages that contained duck tape and some sticks. They had to put the sticks together into one long pole and get a key off a stick and use the key to open the cage, then race to a pole and hit it. Thomas was ahead and had the key on his pole but he dropped it. Matt got his door open and won the challenge. Unfortunately, Hindley and Thomas were eliminated.

Matt went back to camp and his partner Lolita. Surprise, Surprise, Dave is the king.

The entire pride then went on a reward and got to meet several 6 month old wolf cubs. A full grown wolf's paw can measure 5 inches across. To stay alive a full grown wolf must eat an average of 2.5 lbs of meat a day, more if they want to breed. A pack of wolves ranges from 2 to 30. Individually wolves are quite shy. There are 30 varieties of wolf in the world and 9 subspecies in North America. Wolves have been a success story as far as introducing a species that has been bred in captivity back into the wild.

The pride then had a very nice dinner with fresh salad, rice, sweet potatoes, lots of wine and fish etc.... People are speculating that there is a twist here. As Dave clears the plates from the table he finds a message for him, that tells the king to pick 2 people to go into the lion's pit. Dave picks Matt and Lolita as he says they are the strongest players.

Lolita and Matt said they sorta expected it but they have a strategy. Both feel that Matt is the strongest of the pair and Lolita will let Matt win in the Pit. It takes 3 questions but Lolita is finally eliminated. Matt is very upset, he says it was their strategy but it still feels as if he betrayed Lolita by eliminating her. Dave is very disappointed; he likes competition and he feels that Matt and Lolita betrayed themselves and the game by not competing against each other. Lolita's had some final words to say but Dave admits that he was not listening and I paraphrase here, well she didn't compete so in my eyes she is no longer worthy of my attention or respect, so I didn't hear a thing she said. Personally, I think this aspect of Dave's personality sucks. These folks are a pair and they know one will be eliminated. So let the person who wants it the most and is the stronger player. That is an overall strategy and mist be respected.

We are down to 7 players. I think there are at least 3 pairs that have not been split. It also looks as it Dave and Petite will continue to dominate this competition. It is very unusual that a team has been able to dominate as much as this one has. It will be interesting to see the dynamics in the group. There is already resentment toward them but they keep winning. The other teams need to come up with a strategy to beat them but that might be very hard to do due to the nature of the challenges.

See ya next week.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast