+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: KIng of theJungle - Pairs

How many times has Dave/Petit been the head honchos ??? Everytime I check in, they're the ones to choose.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Hindley was King in the 2nd or 3rd episode. 3 times for Dave. (I think) and 1 for Petite. I think one of the other ladies may also have been King, but Dave/Petite have been very dominate.

It is very hard to double check as Animal Planet has no fan site, no episode recap, no mention at all of this show except in its tv schedule and absolutely does no promotion at all except on Saturday nite during the show.

FORT Newbie

thanks

Thanks for the recaps and info.
    I too watched the first two seasons.
    I try to tape it.
    Alot of it is redundant footage but I
    like watching the animals.
    do you think they didn't promote it
    since David is king for the rest of the show?
    I think he should go on survivor
    and try to cutthroat it there.

Matt was the first king, then David, the Henley, then Petite, now David again.

I wouldn't mind David so much if he didn't do the whole "it's a competition, so let them compete" schtick. You wanna compete, give Petite the amulet and have her put you in the pit against every one of htem one by one until you and Petite are the only ones left.

I'm not sure if I'm gonna watch this anymore. All it is anymore is a bunch of women whining about how unfair it is and David pounding on his chest. The laughs and entertainment for me left with Thomas & Henley.

Thanks for the list of Kings funnygirl422. Anyone notice that former Kings Matt and Hindley are now gone. MMM a possible trend or strategy???

2/19 episode

opening shot Wendy and Danielle are hanging around waiting for the end of the Lion's Pit. A lot of comments are made about David and how offensive his comments are especially about and to women. Wendy says that her main goal is to get rid of David.

Matt and David appear.

David slams Lolita that she has no character by not competing against Matt that she has no integrity, no honor and he has no respect for her and what ever she said is meaningless because of the way she acted. (Duh, she and Matt were partners, they made a strategy and she was willing to sacrifice herself to give Matt a chance to win because they both felt Matt had the best chance, of the two, to win.)

Shortly after that the pride goes into the jungle and meets with a pair of Eclectus parrots. (please forgive me if I spelled this wrong) For a long time scientist thought that the male and female were 2 different species of parrots because this species pratices sexual dymorphism. In other words they do not look like each other. The females are a bright scarlet color with bands of blue around the neck. The males are a mid green and the underside of the wings are a bright red. The male was still a baby and they had to hold it with both hadns because he still could not stand very well. This is a species that is in southeast asia, Malaysia and Autralia and does quite well. The eclectus is a species that nest in wood pecker holes. They live up to 40 yrs. They are only about 12 inches long. The rule for life expectency is the bigger you are the longer you live. Macaws grow up to a foot or more and can live up to 100 yrs.

Now is the challenge. The challenge is done one at a time and is for time. There are 3 stands and there are 3 tiles on these stands. On the tiles are descriptions of birds. For example: Body is painted in red. Tail is painted in blue. Wing is painted in green. Head is painted in yellow. After you look at a tile you turn it back over and then race to a tree that has wooden birds hanging down all over it. You have to go and find a match to the tile description.

Petite is the first to go she makes sure she takes her time to study the tile and memorize the description. She makes it in 3:33. Next is Wendy, she also studies the tiles and makes all three matches in 2:09. Next is Kevin. If he goes past Wendy's time Madison will call it and he will be eliminated. Kevin rushes and does not even make the first bird. He is out. Then Danielle is up and she rushes and does not even make the first match and she is out. Mathew is next and he times out. Sherry is up and she knows she has so much time per each match but she does not even get the first one. LAst is David and he gets the first match and times out. He says he is not into birds or color, he plays with his dogs and that is ok.

Back at camp Petite and David speculate over who will be sent. I think in the very first Lion's Pit, Troy, Wendy's brother, was sent to the pit and he was eliminated. But Troy asked David to look after Wendy and Petite and has taken Wendy under her wing. (But you and I both know that an alliance like that is only going so far) Even David and Petite discuss that Wendy was never a threat to them so when they had 2 oppurtunites to send her into the pit they did not. David comments that if Wendy sends him or Petite to the Pit that will only show what a low character she has. (its comments like that, that put people off and think David is a tad whacked) He keeps on going about honor and integrity and character.

Wendy is discussing her strategy with Kevin and Sherry in the tree house. At first she was going to definitely send David and maybe Matt but decides to send in David and Petite.

Wendy makes the annoucement at the camp. David and Petite are really not surprised. But I hate what happens next. You picked 2 people and then Wendy makes this long speech that sounds like an apology. Wendy is going on that Petite is upset and Petite says not she is not and Wendy will not quit. You make a decision based on strategy, ok then shutup about it and don't start fights because you are not woman enough to handle it. I really do not like it when players do this.

Later David and Petite are talking to Kevin about the decision and they are saying that Wendy has low character and Wendy is standing there right next to them and listening to it. Wendy then says it would be stupid of her not to send both of them into the Pit because they are everyone's rivals. David/Petite say that she betrayed Troy, because they promised that they would look out for Wendy after Troy was eliminated. Wendy replies, you knew my brother for one day, I think I know him better than you 2 do.

Monkey mail comes and Wendy picks Kevin and Matt to go on a reward. They get to play with a baby camel. There are 2 types of camel 2 humped and 1 humped. the Hump is actually fat storage and can weight up to 80 lbs. The hump is a source of nutrition when water and food are hard to find. Camels have been domesticaed for over 3,000 yrs. They have 3 eyelids to protect teir eyes from the sand and extremely long eyelashes, for the same reason. The group get to feed the baby and run will it. It is like a big awkward puppy. At full growth this puppy will weight 1000 lbs and stand 6 ft at the shoulder.

The following morning Wendy, David and Petite go to the Lion's Pit.

Question 1: Madison doesn't get to finish and David says sexual dymorphism but it is the wrong answer. The question was; what is a baby parrot that has just gotten its feathers in called? A fledgling.

Petite gets to cut a cable. David is safe.

Question 2: What is the body color of a male eclectus parrot?
    David gets the pole down first and answer correctly. Green. He cuts the cable and Petite is safe.

Question 3: The total number of claws that an eclectus parrot has is?
    David answers wrong. He says 4 and it is 8. Petite cuts another cable and David is safe.

Question 4: Where do electus parrots build their nests?
    David wins and answers; woodpecker nest. That is correct and he cuts another cable and Petite is safe.

Question 5: Male and Female electus parrots are different colors because?
    David answers sexual dymorphism. Correct. He chops and Petite is gone.

Petite comes up to the podium and gives Wendy her totem. In her last words to Petite Wendy accuses Petite of faking it, that she (Wendy) saw the looks that Petite was giving David during the game and that Petite went to everyone last night and said goodbye and as far as Wendy goes that proves that Petite was a hypocrite and let David win.

Let me say at this point I don't know what Wendy was trying to prove but I think this was ridiculous. If I was in a situation like this with my partner of course I would look at him/her during the competition. And yes I would say my goodbyes the night before because there is a 50/50 chance I won't be coming back. DUH!!!! this was totally unneccessary and very small of Wendy, it speaks volumnes on her littleness, her pettyness and her fear and dislike of the couple.

Petite could have taken out David at the first question. She has 2 chances because although David is faster then her he didn't know the answers to the questions. He was averaging 50/50 on the answers because he was not waiting to hear the entire question and he was guessing wrong. That is not a smart strategy to make sure Petite loses, Especially, since she had a 1 in 5 chance to eliminate David, then a 1 in 4. If David had not eliminated Petite in the 5th round odds were that he would have answered the 6th question incorrectly and she then would have had a 1 in 3 chance to eliminate him.
    Wendy was off her rocker and I don't know what she was thinking. You could tell she had thought that she had caught David and Petite out. Please, that type of strategy is something that David and Petite would never do. It goes against everything they believe in. That and they honestly believe (and they are correct in this assumption) that they are the physically strongest team there and they do not need to resort to such strategies.

There are now 6 people left. Wendy, Danielle, Matthew, David, Kevin and Sherry. Kevin and Sherry are the only pair left. Physically none are a match for David and the game does not leave much room for trying to block your rival during a challenge. In the second season of KOJ we had Tony an arena football player and his strategy was to use his physical prowess to dominate the game and that did not happen. David is making that strategy work and he does have a strong chance of making it to the end. If he toned down some of his opinions he definitely would be making this easier for himself.

New Episode on to nite

Yes there is another episode on 2 nite. Lets see what the fall out of David loosing Petite will be.

2/26 episode recap

David and Wendy are back at camp after the lion's pit. Wendy immediately starts telling everyone that David and Petite faked it and that David and Petite had no honor. Again, her dislike of David colours her view of things. In my previous recap I stated my opinion of the situation. Also the previous couples that have gone against each other and have decided who was going to stay the one going home didn't even try to answer any questions. Else they might have accidently sent the wrong partner home. This entrie thing is sour grapes on Wendy's part.

Next the group goes to see some spiders. Now most people are not comfortable around spiders and Sherry was not an exception she stayed very far away from the table. We are shown a female Banana Spider and later a male. The male is much smaller than the female, but both are very colourful. Next we see a black widow spider. We learn all spiders belong to the class Arachnid. That there are over 30,000 species of spider in the world and all are venomous. There venom is neurotoxin. Most spider bites will not harm humans. We are so much bigger than the prey of most spiders that the neurotoxin does not affect us that much. In the last 100 yrs there have only been 55 cases of dead by black widow spider on file. Black widows have a life cycle of one yr. There is a popular myth that female black widows eat there mates after mating. That only happens about 10% of the time.

Last to be seen is a Goliath Birdeating Tarantula. This is one big spider. Again it will bite but its bite is like a hornet bite. What is worse it the hair. Tarantulas have barbs on their hair and it gets into the skin and it is one of the worse types of irritation you can have.

One thing I do like about the KOJ competition is that the challenges are based on the animals they just have interacted with. In this case they go to a clearing and on 8 poles a giant rope spiderweb is strung up. The pride will work in pairs and climb up the web to stations were their prey is (water bottles) and they will stick a tube in the bottle/prey and use another tube to suck the fluid into the waterpacks on their backs. Like a spider sucks the inside of its prey. This is a timed challenge. The pair that collects the most liquid wins.

Previously the pride has discussed strategy, because they want to beat David. Kevin, instead of teaming with his wife Sherry, Teams up with Matthew. Daneille with Wendy and David with Sherry. David is not pleased that Kevin did not stick with Sherry and he tells Kevin so to his face. Kevin replies that it is strategy.

The first group of Wendy, Matthew and Sherry go. Sherry is obviously the weakest member. Then the second group of Kevin, Daneille and David go. Danielle has a lot of problems sucking.

Then each person pours his or her liquid into a measuring cup. the first group goes and Sherry collected the least. Then the next group goes and it is very close between Wendy/Danielle and Mtthew/Kevin. M&K thinkthey have won. then Madison pours David's liquid in to the measuring cup and he wins. Individually he collected the most. Madison then congratulate Sherry and David for winning but since it is obvious that David collected the most he is given the King's Amulet. David makes a comment that he should just have the amulet tatooed on his wrist. That does not go over well with the others.

Back at camp Sherry expressed to us that she did not like what happened to David as far as the group ganging up on him 5 to 1 and that is not something she would have personally done.

David does thank Sherry for helping him to win and as previously agreed that if they should win he gives the treehouse to Sherry and Kevin. David then goes and apologizes to everyone for acting unsportsmanlike. Wendy is very critical of that and says he is a hypocrite. I can understand why because David has these bursts and he is demeaning to people and later when it is good to apologize he does but then in a confessional he admits he doesn't really mean it and it is strategy and I think people perceive that he is not being genuine or at least he thinks this excuses his poor behaviour because he does not try to change his behaviour in any manner.

Later there is a reward and David has everyone put their totems in a bag and he picks Matthew. In a confessional David says that none of the others deserve to go on the reward only he does because of what they tried to do to beat him. In another confessional Kevin explains that yes we tried to double team David because he is the biggest threat. Its like playing against Shaq. He is so good you need to double team him and that does not always work. To me David has a bit of a double standard. Its ok for him to use strategy to win but when the others try to use strategy to beat him they are cowardly, they are dishounorable. You can't have it both ways.

Matthew and David go to the reward and they meet a chimpanzee. The chimp is moving from one rope to another through and overhead arm motion called brachiation. David and Matthew attempt to imitate the chimpanzee. David being mosre successful than Matthew. Chimpanzees are very strong and weight more than they look because their muscle structure is different from ours. Their muscles are twice as dense as ours and they carry no fat in the muscles like we do. The result is that they are very strong for their size but they do not swim very well. You will never see chimp in the water.

Next David decides who goes to the Lion's Pit. David says I will let Kevin speak because the night before Kevin and Sherry came to him and told him that Sherry would like to go home and could he send her to the Pit. David has no problem sending Sherry to the pit but he will only do that if he can get the others to promise that if he so that during the next challenge the group will not gang up on him and not send him to the pit. The others are not happy about that and they feel they are being forced to agree to it because otherwise David will send Wendy or Danielle or Matthew to the pit. Regardless if David wins or looses the next challenge he will not be sent to the pit. Then there is a confessional and basically David is gloating that he is pulling a big strategy over the group. The question is will he rub this in the group's faces so much that they will break their word and sent him to the next lion's pit regardless.

Everyone agrees and David sends Kevin and Sherry to the Pit. David and Kevin and Sherry all go to the pit. Madison asks what happened and David tells her. Madison asks Sherry will she compete and Sherry says yes. This surprises Madison and me cause didn't Sherry say she wants to go home.

First question, what is is called when a spider loses its skin. Sherry hits the gong. Then she says I thought I knew it but I don't. Madison says that no answer is the same as the wrong answer so Kevin chops a life line and Sherry is safe. The answer is molting. Who knew that spiders molted!!!!

Second Question: What scientific class do Spiders belong to? Kevin gongs. Answer Aracnid. Correct. Chops and Sherry is safe.

Third Queston: How long is the life span of a black widow spider. Sherry gongs. She answers 5 yrs. Incorrect. It is 1 yr. Kevin chops and Sherry is safe.

Fourth Question: What is the signature mark of a black widow spider? Kevin gongs and he answers a red hourglass. Correct. He Chops and Sherry is safe.

Fifth question: What kind of venom do spiders have? Kevin gongs and aswers nerotoxin. Correct. He chops and Sherry is gone.

Madison comments that it did not appear to her that Sherry was competing. Sherry says she was.

I mean a snail could have beat the speed at which Kevin and Sherry competed in.

Sherry Thanks David for some of the talks they have had and hope that thye can continue a personal relationship outside the game.

Later in a confessional Sherry says she was competing and I think she was by letting Kevin win.

All the pairs have been split up. Wendy, Danielle, Matthew, Kevin and David are left.

What kind of venon does a spider have. Kevins gongs. Answer Neurotoxin. Correct. Kevin chops and Sherry is safe.

3/5 episode

While Wendy, Danielle and Mathew are waiting for the results of the Lion's Pit they are contemplating going back of their word and taking David to the next Lion's Pit.

David returns with Kevin.

The pride goes off to see some animals.

First is a llama, a native of South America. Llama's have extra hemoglobin in their blood therefore can carry extra oygen in their blood at high altitudes. Since they live in the Andres mountains, that is a good thing. They make very good pack animals about 10,000 ft and even up to 16,00o ft. They do have a defense mechanism where they cough up their acidic stomach contents and spit at whatever is bothering them. They are also thought to be memebers of the camel family. Camels developed in North America and are thought to have migrated to Africa by a land bridge and the ancestors of llamas came south. Llamas have been domesticated for over 3,000 yrs.

Next is a capybara. It is the largest member of the rat family and looks like a giant guinea pig. It lives in South America and lives in the amazon area. Large cats and snakes hunt it.

Then comes an Australian bird known as a kookaburra. It is the largest known kingfisher. It is a very good mimic and can sound like a train. They tend to make the most noise when they wake up in the morning and when they return to theur nests at night. They have 2 nicknames, The bushman's alarm clock (because of their habit of making noise as they wake up in the morning) and the laughing jackass. They have a habit of throwing up the undigested parts of what animals they have eaten. This is know as casting.

Last is an African Porcupine. The name porcupine means 'quilled pig'. Porcupines are not pigs they are rodents. Their quills are hollow and they will rattle them in warning. If that does not work. They do a reverse charge and try to stick or threaten to stick what is threatening them. Their quills have a reverse barb on them so if one sticks yu it will just work its way in. Porcupines will dig a hole to nest, the couple will stay together, and normally, a porcupine has 2 breeding cycles a year. Gestation last 3 months and usually 2 young are born. The quills are soft at birth but will harden. It has been hard to study these creatures as they are nocturnal.

A specific mention was made of their scat or dropping or poop. This usually has something to do in the challenges.

At the challenge Madison explains that there are 4 stations one for each animal the pride had met. There are slots in each station for each member of the pride. The pride has a field to search for examples of poop and match the sample to the correct station. You can only get one sample at a time. After all have been collected, the contestent must then put a ring with there name on it on a pole. The most correct in the shortest time possible wins.

The finish order is: Danielle, Kevin, David, Wendy, Mathew.

__________________llama_____ca pybara_____kookaburra____porcu pine
    Danielle right right right right
    Kevin right right right right
    David wrong wrong right
    Wendy wrong wrong right
    Mathew wrong wrong right

Danielle wins.

There is a reward challenge and Danielle can only take 3, so she takes Kevin, Wendy, and Mathew.

They get to meet some spotted turtles. There range is from nothern Florida to northern Ontario. They live up to 30 or 40 yrs and grow to be about 8 inches across. They will hunt small fish and scrimp as well as eat greens.

Next they see a 70 lb female Alligator Snapping Turtle. That is one scary beast. They live in northern Florida and travel up the Missippi delta and can grow up to 200 lbs.

Then we meet the Selkata(sp??) tortoise from Africa. It is the largest of the mainland tortoises and can grow up to a 100lbs. It has spurs on its sides.

last we meet a yellowfoot tortoise. It is from South America and is know to be a carrion eater.

Before Danielle chooses who goes to the Lion's Pit she tells David that he needs to look at why they all ganged up on him. She says it is a compliment that he is the strongest there and they all knew it would take all of them to bring him down. It's as if he was a caribou and the wolf pack decides to only let Bob Wolf go after the caribou and not all the pack. They pack would never do that. David is very understanding of that explanation. Danielle says that she will stick to the agreement and sends Kevin and Mathew to the pit.

First question: Which 2 of the 4 animals the pride met recently are from South America?

Mathews hits the gong first.

Answers: capybara and llama.

Correct.

He chops and Kevin is safe.

Second Question: Whick nickname was given the kookaburra, because its loud laughing call wakes people up?

Kevins hits the gong first.

He answers , the bushman's alarm clock.

Correct.

He chops and Mathew is GONE.

Four are left: David, Kevin, Danielle and Wendy.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 03-05-2005 at 11:37 PM.

new episode on 3/12

Just letting people know that this is on Sat nite. Now that Wickedly Perfect is gone maybe we can get a couple of more desperate viewers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast