+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nick Lachey Goes Solo on MTV

Nick Lachey Goes Solo on MTV

Nick Lachey Goes Solo on MTV
    Friday January 14, 9:31 pm ET
    The Nick Lachey Project is Set to Air April 2005
    Nick Lachey's Album Will Be Released on Jive/Zomba Label Group

UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif., Jan. 14 /PRNewswire/ -- MTV follows America's favorite pop star and husband through the most crucial months of his solo music career. After attaining huge success with his former band 98 Degrees and becoming a reality show sensation with "Newlyweds," Nick may look like he has it all. However, his first love is music and in "The Nick Lachey Project" (working title), which is tentatively set to premiere in April 2005, he sets out to take his music career to the next level.

MTV cameras are given total access behind the entire process from Nick building a studio inside his home, hiring producers and writers, signing with Jive Records, part of the Zomba Label Group, recording, and finally working with the label to get his CD in stores. Throughout the journey, Nick is completely submerged in the artistic process. He's going to give it everything he's got and he invites his fans along to hear the songs and see the stories that culminate with the release of his record.

"We fell in love with Nick as he became America's favorite TV husband," said Lois Curren, Executive Vice President, MTV Series Entertainment. "The Nick Lachey show will remind everyone of why we fell in love with him first and that was because of his music."

"Viewers will see a different side of me than in 'Newlyweds' and be able to understand exactly what goes into the making of an album," said Nick Lachey. "We will document the entire process of working with Jive, recording songs and promoting the album. I look forward to sharing this experience with my fans."

"Beyond being a household name and TV star, the world has missed out on the fact that Nick Lachey is also a great singer and star recording artist," said Barry Weiss, President and CEO of the Zomba Label Group. "We are very excited to be involved with him in his music career going forward."

Nick Lachey arrived on the music scene in 1997 as a part of the group 98 Degrees. An Ohio native and graduate of the Cincinnati School for the Creative and Performing Arts, Nick has always had a simple philosophy about success: work hard, have faith and eventually you'll reach your goal.

Executives in Charge of Production for "The Nick Lachey Project" are Greg Johnston, Lois Curren, and Rod Aissa.

MTV Networks, a division of Viacom International Inc. (NYSE: VIA - News, VIA.B - News), owns and operates the following television programming services -- MTV: MUSIC TELEVISION, MTV2, mtvU, VHI, NICKELODEON, NICK at NITE, COMEDY CENTRAL, TV LAND, SPIKE TV, CMT, NOGGIN, MTV INTERNATIONAL and THE DIGITAL SUITE FROM MTV NETWORKS, a package of 12 digital services, all of which are trademarks of MTV Networks. MTV Networks also has licensing agreements, joint ventures, and syndication deals whereby all of its programming services can be seen worldwide.
    http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/050114/nyf123_1.html

The Simpson family is starting to annoy me

Quote Originally Posted by Frostelized
    The Simpson family is starting to annoy me
    Ain't that the truth!

[sarcasm]The next show up in the works is one centered around Joe Simpson, Jessica & Ashlee's dad.[/sarsasm]

Oh no, I hope no one from MTV sees this and gets any ideas!

Anyway, enough is enough. They've milked this cow dry. The only Simpsons I'm interested in seeing any more of are yellow and on FOX.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

I saw him on Kimmel and he was saying how there hasn't been a show about the whole process, from demo, to recording to promoting etc. Where has he been? That's what his sister in-laws show was about.

I really can't believe that MTV is doing that. His last album bombed. I am sure people will watch it though.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Nick Lachey is a singer and performing artist? Hmmmm. Who'da thunk.

Don't we already know what "The Nick Lachey Project" is about? After all, it's in it's third season.

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    So this is basically the third ''Simpson'' show.....wow, pa Simpson, must be overjoyed :rolleyes

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    "Beyond being a household name and TV star, the world has missed out on the fact that Nick Lachey is also a great singer and star recording artist," said Barry Weiss
    Really now? The world?? Not in my world.

The second Nick Lachey becomes a household name in my house, I'm moving.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Oh, yeah, this sounds absolutely fascinating. :rolleyes

I have a soft spot for Nick, even those his wife annoys me. This show, however, sounds pretty dull. Particularly when you know his next CD will completely flop.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast