+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 22 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ultimate Fighter (SpikeTV)

FORT Newbie

The Ultimate Fighter (SpikeTV)

hey! have you guys heard that new reality show on spike channel? The UlTimate Fighter? ive seen the commercial and it seem pretty exciting. what do you think?

Ultimate Fighter should be good!

I'm a big MMA (mixed martial arts) fan and have almost every UFC event on tape or DVD so I'm definitely looking forward to it. Hopefully it will be better executed than The Next Great Champ (TNGC). I've read on MMA fansites that it should resemble the WWE's Tough Enough show as it shows the fighters living and partying together and training and competing to get ahead. I liked Tough Enough much better than TNGC. It should be in good hands. Craig Piligian is a producer and he's done American Chopper which I enjoy.

I've read a list of the fighters and recognize some of the names. None have fought in the UFC. They are basically young guys with pro experience fighting in smaller shows, now looking to get their big break by earning a contract with the UFC. The coaches for the two teams are awesome. Randy Couture is the current UFC light heavyweight champ. Chuck Liddel is the top contender for that belt. I've seen both fight live. They are badasses. They are also very intelligent (both have degrees). Randy Couture is a great ambassador for the sport and has been an Olypmic alternate in wrestling. Believe it or not, Chuck Liddell was an accountant before he was a fighter. They will be fighting for the belt in April, so there is an additional backstory for viewers. I believe the two winners (there are two weight classes represented) will also be fighting on that same event.

In Japan, MMA is very popular and the athletes are celebrities. Hopefully this show will give the sport a mainstream boost in the U.S.

FORT Newbie
    waht do you think about Dana white challenging stallone? you know winner of contender vs. winner of TUF? no match in there dont you think?

FORT Newbie
    did you guys see TUF last nite? its really good wasn't it? and Chris Leben is such a bad ass, hope he gets kicked out!

I enjoyed the premiere show. I guess Chris Leben is TUF's "villain". I'm sure a lot of viewers are waiting to see him literally get his a** kicked! The beauty of this show if if one guy P.O.'s the others, they can try and beat him up in the octagon legally! Too bad Jason Thacker is in the other weight class or else he could get his revenge on Leben for peeing on his pillow. I'll admit I was impressed with how Leben was able to get totally wasted, barely get two hours of sleep and be the only guy to complete the 30 minute conditioning exercise on the treadmill.

I enjoyed seeing the training segments which were brutally tough. Guys were puking and cramping up. The big cut above Stephan Bonnar's eye from the accidental headbutt was nasty! They could lose the host Willa Ford. She's basically useless. They should have had the UFC President, Dana White, be the host. His serious demeanour would definitely keep these guys on their toes.

FYI, Leben and Nate Quarry are members of Randy Couture's fight team (Team Quest) back in Oregon. So I wasn't surprised he chose those two with his first two picks.

FORT Newbie

BAD Chris!

wow i didnt know that thing about Leben and Quarry
    no wonder they are both on his team. I think Chris and Diego are a good match. Who is your bet? i was checking out the pics on theultimatefighter.tv and one look at Chris i knew he is way too BAD!

Yeah, Leben and Quarry should be there near the end. I also think Forrest Griffin and Bobby Southworth will go far too.

I found out Leben has a knockout win over Mike Swick from last year. Swick is also on the show. Too bad they're in different weight classes! I'm sure Swick wouldn't mind another shot at Leben.

FORT Newbie

EPisode 2 tomorrow

tomorrow's episode would be interesting, the teams would be doing their first challenge and finally two players would be eliminated. i was checking out the sneak preview and im so excited.

I saw it. It's pretty cool. Their training is tough but seriously why weren't some of those guys ready? I just don't get it.

FORT Newbie

Tuf

well they have been drinking so that didnt help with the rigorous training, and it takes more than physical strength i think, willpower and drive to succeed are pluses too. or maybe they undersestimated the kind of training they would have to go through.
    Last edited by redgelliebean; 01-25-2005 at 03:29 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 22 1234567891011 ... LastLast