+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ultimate Fighter (SpikeTV)

I agree about Forrest, PIMguy. Not only was he holding back for most of the first round, but it looked like Sam (being the little bitch he is) kept aiming to bust his eye open again. But in the third minute of the first round, you could tell Forrest was getting in the groove and stopped caring about his eye. Great finish!
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

Quote Originally Posted by corprip
    I agree about Forrest, PIMguy. Not only was he holding back for most of the first round, but it looked like Sam (being the little bitch he is) kept aiming to bust his eye open again. But in the third minute of the first round, you could tell Forrest was getting in the groove and stopped caring about his eye. Great finish!

Exploiting a weakness isn't being a little bitch.... It's being smart.

Quote Originally Posted by Brock
    Exploiting a weakness isn't being a little bitch.... It's being smart.
    It wasn't that smart... he still lost. That was his only focus and he got served.

A Random Foot Kitty Throw Champion, Tire Toss Champion PIMguy's Avatar
    Sam was too linear in his defense. He would move straight back when attacked rather than circling or even closing the gap. He should have come out and attacked Forrest (not necessarily the eye), followed up his kicks, something. Letting Forrest feel you out and find your weakness is a bad idea.

I'm sure Forrest will have forgotten about his eye by now and we should have a great LHW fight on Saturday. I wish they were televising the preliminary fights.

Finals this Saturday! My picks.

I'm looking forward to the two fights.

Stephan Bonnar - Forrest Griffin: Bonnar
    I think the best two LHW's made it to the final. Forrest seems pretty wide open standing up. Alex S. and Sam were able to catch him with punches and kicks pretty easily. He needed to close the distance, clinch and takedown or throw knees to overcome both those guys. Bonnar showed he was pretty well-rounded and tough as well, going to-to-toe with Bobby and submitting Mike Swick. If it goes to the ground, I favour Stephan. My heart says Forrest, but my brain says Stephan.

Diego Sanchez - Kenny Florian: Sanchez
    Diego was certainly the best MW by winning 3 fights, more than anyone else, MW or LHW. He's got a killer instinct and showed good cardio and ground skills going 3 rounds with Josh. Kenny's kind of a wild card. He was small and was getting pushed around by Chris and was losing, but he pulled it out. If this fight happened a week after the semi-finals, I would have picked Diego without question. Since it's been months since the last show, Kenny's had time to bulk up, improve his strength and train specifically for Diego. I'm still picking Diego.

Ken Shamrock - Rich Franklin: Franklin
    Ken's probably stronger, but Rich is younger, faster and well-rounded. I think the torch gets passed and Rich Franklin becomes the next LHW challenger to the winner of Randy-Chuck II on the 16th.

A Random Foot Kitty Throw Champion, Tire Toss Champion PIMguy's Avatar
    For anyone who is interested (and wasn't aware) Spike is showing Ultimate Knockouts 3 tonight (Friday) at 9:00 eastern time. Just a little prelude and warmup for tomorrow. And starting tomorrow morning is an Ultimate Fighter marathon, all the episodes will be shown leading up to the big event.

My picks: I have to go with Bonnar too. I just think he's more well-rounded. But Forrest doesn't seem to be bothered by things like pain, so we might get to see Bonnar snap Forrest's arm and still get knocked out! Should be good.

I too tend toward Diego but I keep hearing how great Kenflo is on the ground. He is a BJJ black belt. Even if Kenflo can pull it out I think he'll leave the fight looking like Koscheck did.

I'm going to back Shamrock just to support the old school of MMA. I'm not terribly confident but I'd like to see him win.

I also hope we get to see highlights of all the preliminary bouts.

Ken Shamrock

Hey PIMguy,

I like your avatar. I though, in my youth, that Keith Hackney would be the guy to beat Royce Gracie, but alas he fell short.

I like Ken too. He's the most recognizable face in MMA and done a lot for the sport. If he pulls out a win, i'll be cheering as loud as anybody. My brain says at 41, it's gonna be tough for Ken against Rich Franklin. If he does pull it out, more power to him!

Well, this sucks.. this first hour is just a recrap.

Quote Originally Posted by corprip
    Well, this sucks.. this first hour is just a recrap.
    Whoops.. I lied...

Those who saw, know. Those who didn't, don't.

That was amazing. Expected. But amazing.

And hey hey... Season 2: Welterweights and heavyweights.

Next fight: GO FORREST!

Amazing fights. Just Amazing.

Stephen Bonnar and Forrest Griffin definitely deserved their contracts after that grueling endurance battle. Amazing. It truly was one of the best fights I have seen in awhile.

+ Reply to Thread