+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ultimate Fighter (SpikeTV)

Quote Originally Posted by gilberto
    Nate's medical results came back, and he did indeed need surgery, so he could no longer compete. Ergo, they made him a "coach" and gave him the luxury of bringing back one former member to replace him. Weird, if you ask me.

And I was so disappointed not to see Diego's tiny white shorts this time around. Those were hilarious!

And some gossip: I hear Bobby's a major pothead. No wonder he's overweight.
    White shorts? Where? I don't want to miss that!

That's interesting about Nate, Gilberto. I never saw much interaction with him and the other guys, but do the other guys even respect him enough to let him be a "coach"?

And right on for Bobby. First thing I've seen about him that gives me some respect for him.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

"Ultimate Fighter" tops ratings!

"Ultimate Fighter" tops ratings!
    Catch the encore on Friday (Midnight EST/PST) on Spike TV!
    Spike TV's original series "The Ultimate Fighter" has been a smash hit for the cable network. The series, chronicling the quest of sixteen mixed martial artist athletes in pursuit of a contract with the UFC, has delivered double digit gains in all key male demos for Spike TV. On Monday evening, Ultimate Fighter drew a 1.6 (1.4 million) household rating, with a 1.7 (900,000) in Men 18-49, a 2.1 in Men 18-34 (554,000), and an average audience of 1.9 million viewers. Compared to last year Ultimate Fighter, is up +100% in Men 18-49, +182% in Men 18-34, and +64% in average audience. After eight weeks, Ultimate Fighter is averaging a 1.6 (1.4 million) household rating, with a 1.7 (882,000) in Men 18-49, a 2.1 in Men 18-34 (525,000) and an average audience of 1.9 million viewers. Ultimate Fighter versus last year is up +89% in Men 18-49, +85% in Men 18-34 and +72% in average audience. The 13-week series culminates Saturday, April 9 at 9:00pm ET/PT with a live finale from Las Vegas. For more info on the UFC, Click here
    Tuesday, March 8 2005
    http://www.fightnews.com/

A Random Foot Kitty Throw Champion, Tire Toss Champion, Little Protectors Champion PIMguy's Avatar
    Thanks Corprip for the ratings news, I bet that April 9 show is going to be huge. Now I see that Spike is dropping the WWE. Maybe TUF will get a better time slot next season. I hope it keeps rolling.

Live Commenting on a Rerun

11:00 P.M. Ok, I know very few are watching the re-run, and even fewer are going to comment on the show. So I'm going to write my impressions as I watch. Take it for what it's worth.
    11:11 Dana and Bobby's little blowout wasn't that bad. Bobby backed down like the little bitch he is. Nice to see the two brutes showin' some love after all shouting.
    11:12 Bobby was the leader? Really? I just figured he was the loudest.
    11:14 Awww.. poor Nate. Uh-oh, Sam is being a treasonous bitch. He's being all condescending about it too. That could get pretty old, pretty quick.
    11:16 I hate Forrest's haircut.
    11:19 Never realized how hot Nate is before. Now I don't wan't him to go anywhere.
    11:22 Whoa... that camera effect was all Fear and Loathing. OMG Chris is back.
    11:24 THE WHITE SHORTS!!!!! YESSSS!!!!!
    11:26 I hate these stupid challenges... just fight already.
    11:32 What the hell is that counterfeit mini-cooper commercial about? It has me confused as all hell.
    11:35 OK, I'm stupid. Why are only two guys up to fight? I understand Nate is out, but Josh R. isn't confident about fighting anyone. If this is done by weight, how does it break-down?
    11:37 Josh R. was looking kind of pathetic sucking up to Diego like that.
    11:46 Oooh, Diego and the white shorts again. I really dug the saran wrap scene.
    11:52 Zenmaster... nice. I think that will be Diego's name for now on.
    11:53 Prediction: Mike Swick will be in the final fight.
    11:55 Josh is not ready to fight at all. He looks scared to death.
    11:58 Well there it was. Poor Josh, he just didn't have it in him.

That was fun. Alot more angry boys in skivvies than fighting, but good times nevertheless.
    Last edited by corprip; 03-13-2005 at 02:07 AM.

Last night's episode

That was an exciting short fight between Alex and Forrest. Forrest is lucky Alex tapped before the ref stopped the fight to check his cut. That was a nasty cut! I don't think it's going to heal enough in one week for him to keep going. If he can't continue like Nate, do you all think he'll pick Bobby as his replacement?

As for Sam, I don't think he stole from the guys' bags or closets. It looks like he just picked up extra stuff lying around the training centre's office. If he did steal, why would he let them search his stuff for the missing vitamins? Plus he's got cameras following him around the house. If they caught him on tape stealing from everyone, they probably would have showed it.

A Random Foot Kitty Throw Champion, Tire Toss Champion, Little Protectors Champion PIMguy's Avatar
    Alex S. is no weak link. He sure could pick his punches. Didn't look like he was swinging wildly, just sticking them in there and tagging Forrest. Give that guy some ground skills and watch out. As for Forrest, he's a hell of a fighter. I hope he doesn't get dropped because of a cut. But that's fighting.

As far as Sam goes, if he can steal stuff with cameras watching him all the time, then he's in the wrong profession. They just don't like Sam, looking for any reason to rag on him.

Huh, it's starting to look like I'm talking to myself in here.

I'll try to discuss this without spoiling it for anyone who hasn't watched it yet. I think the fighter that lost was controlling the fight, and would have won if the fight continued the way it did. But, the winner got a lucky elbow in and the doctor had to stop it. It was unfortunate but that's fighting. Does anyone know if the winner gets the $5k? I was thinking it was only for a KO or a submission but maybe this counts too.

I think next week's fight could be a good one. Kos and Diego should be a good match-up. I don't think that Kos will let Diego have his way like he has gotten used to with his first two opponents. But Diego is an animal in the ring. I bet Kos is praying for good weather that day.

I like the change to three 5 minute rounds. Teammate fighting teammate shouldn't be that big of a deal to these guys, there's only going to be one winner for each weight class anyway. I've also heard that all the fighters will be fighting at the final show, but not all will be televised. Too bad, those might be interesting fights.

Hey PIMguy.. I'm around here too, but I missed it last night. By the way, I LOVE spoilers, so spoil me all you want baby.

I did finally see the Forrest vs. Alex fight this weekend. First, let me thank Forrest for finally shaving his head. Second, Sam Hoger is a little bitch. Third and final thing to add, Forrest rocks.

One thing about all these fighting shows, people are highly susceptible to disqualification based on health. It would suck if Forrest gets disqualified because of that cut.

Anyways, until the Saturday rerun, I might have to check out the spike site just so I know what happened last night.

Okay, but if you don't want to know what happened until you get to see it run away now. Go, I mean it, I'm gonna tell what happened in last night's episode. Okay, you've been warned!

Dana announced that teammate will fight teammate, meaning the remaining matches would be: Leben v. Kenflo, Kos v. Diego, Swick v. Bonnar, and Sam v. Forrest (assuming he stays, if he doesn't, he picked Southworth to come back). The fighters were kind of bummed, but they knew it would happen sooner or later.

Last night's fight was Leben v. Kenflo. Leben came out fighting like he should have against Kos. He was throwing some good punches and kept the pressure on the entire first round. Kenflo, being smaller, was pretty much backing up and trying to avoid the Cat Smasher's punches. Kenny shot in a few times but Leben avoided the takedown and the fight never went to the ground. Leben landed some punches but didn't appear to do any damage. A little bit into the second round the fighters clinched and Kenflo caught Leben with a short, quick elbow just above the right eye. The fighters stayed clinched for a few seconds and then let go. Leben backed up and started wiping blood from his eye. Big John stepped in and had the doctor look. Fight over, Kenflo won by a TKO (doctor stoppage). Leben showed good sportsmanship right after the fight, shaking Kenflo's hand and all. But it looks like he breaks down outside, we'll get to see that next week, along with Kos v. Diego. Should be a good one!

Last night's fight

That was a gutsy performance by Kenny. He was outsized and getting manhandled by Chris most of the fight, but he got an opportunity and landed that sweet elbow. Whether it's Diego or Josh, he'll get the opportunity to show his ground skills on the finale.

They showed a brief clip in the preview of Josh vs. Diego with Josh aggressively shooting in for a takedown and Diego going for a choke. This should be a great fight. They also showed Chris being distraught outside (again), and Randy and Nate needing to go calm him down.

Chris has nothing to be ashamed of. He fought well and was winning, but cuts happen. Even though he lost twice, I'm sure he'll get his shot in the UFC since he is probably the most popular and hated guy on the show. There's going to be a lot of other promotions trying to sign him for fights too.

I'm looking forward to seeing Bonnar vs. Swick and hopefully Forrest against Sam in two weeks. I hope Forrest's eye heals up so he fights rather than Bobby.

+ Reply to Thread