+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ultimate Fighter (SpikeTV)

FORT Newbie

countdown to episode 7

only an hour to go before the ultimate fighter episode 7 my guess is it's gonna be Mike swick vs. griffin. i really hope the fight tonight is exciting with no lay and pray moves this time lot's of people im talking to likes a rematch between Chris and Josh? what do you think? by the way , i heard that tickets are on sale now for the live final episode of The Ultimate fighter. cool huh

Quote Originally Posted by redgelliebean
    lot's of people im talking to likes a rematch between Chris and Josh? what do you think?
    I think Chris had his chance and he fubbed it up. He was so pissed off and worked up, and talked so much crap before the fight, and he came out looking bad. (Boring ass fight, if you ask me.) I think he was letting his emotions get in the way, and I don't think he's mature enough to let it go in a second fight. It would have been nice to see Josh get put in his place, but Chris didn't back it up.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

At least we were treated to an entertaining fight tonight. A bit of as stupid ending though. I felt there shoud have been a third round.

Did you here them say somebody is coming back. My guess is Chris.

I thought the fight was a draw. I had Bobby winning round 1 and Stephan taking round 2. I couldn't see either taking both. There should have been a 3rd round.

I'm guessing Nate is out due to his injury so they probably decide to let one of the middleweight losers back. It would bug me if Chris or Alex came back. They lost so they should be gone. It would be better if they kept Jason Thacker and Chris Sandford around as alternates if a MW or LHW got injured. These were the 2 guys cut loose in the first two episodes by coach's decision. At least they never lost a fight. In the old UFC tournaments they always had alternates just in case a fighter couldn't continue due to injury.

The other possibility I'm thinking is that Bobby and Chris can't co-exist at loser lodge so they have to separate them. Since Team Couture has only one functioning MW (Josh R.), they need to get him a sparring partner and bring back Chris. Hopefully Chris doesn't get another shot at the contract since he lost. You can probably tell I wasn't a fan of bringing back Lil and Burton on Survivor Pearl Islands!

Crap, I fell asleep right before it came on. I guess I'll have to check it out later this week.

So Bobby lost?
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

FORT Newbie

the best fight yet!!!

That was a great fight, It was really close... personally i would loved to watch a 3rd round. Bonnar deserves credit for coming to fight and not giving up, even when he got hit with some heavy punches. Bobby's lack of aggresiveness hurt him. Stephan chased him all around the ring the entire fight and I thought landed more shots. Bobby won the last minute easily but I just don't think it was enough to take the second round.
    Really great fight. if anyone missed this, check out all about the last episode on http://www.theultimatefighter.tv/episodes.php?show=last and http://www.spiketv.com/shows/series/...r/video.jhtml# and of course not to forget the replays every Fri. Sat. and Sun.

FORT Newbie

UfC DVD Commercial

During the last episode there was a commercial for a set of UFC DVD's. Does anyone have the 800 number for them...web address, anything. If anyone does please please e-mail me. My husband really wanted them for his B-day. Thanks!

DVD Commercial

The DVD set is put out by the Superbrawl organization in Hawaii. Just go to www.Superbrawl.tv. The rules are laxer in Hawaii as they allow kicking and knees to the head on the ground, so the fights are more hardcore than the UFC.

FORT Newbie

i love The ultimate Fighter!

love this show! Don't you guys wish it ís on more often? 7 days is too long to wait especially when you are in suspense as to who will be coming back next week. Everybody says it's gonna be Chris leben. What's your take on this? by the way if anybody is interested, the forum on theultimatefighter.tv is very exciting. you can join if you want.
    and yeah, UFC Dvd's are for sale here too:

http://ufcstore.shopthescene.com/

I hope it's not Leben, but it probably is. He lost his fight fair and square and shouldn't still be in the running. I would be PO'd if I were any of the other MW's, especially Josh K. They better have a good reason to justify it to the other guys if it is him.

I was trying to do the math. There are 5 MW's and 5 LHW's left. That means 3 must be eliminated from each weight class. So there should be 6 fights left, 3 in each weight class. But there's only 5 shows left (5 Mondays left before the live final on April 9th). If Nate is out, they can announce it and skip a MW fight and fit the remaining 5 fights over the next 5 weeks. I can see Leben coming back if Nate is out, but they would need to have 6 fights over the next 5 shows. Maybe they'll have two fights on one show or Leben doesn't get to fight. It should be clearer on Monday! Can't wait!

+ Reply to Thread