+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ultimate Fighter (SpikeTV)

Last night's fight

Josh knew what he had to do to win and he did it by taking Chris down and try to do some damage there. He played it safe by doing what he does best. It resulted in a pretty boring fight. I think the ref could have stood them up quicker.

I was surprised Chris was so tentative. He was talking smack about crushing Josh's skull in and crippling him before the fight. I thought he was going to come out like a house on fire but he didn't. He needs to improve his ground game because everyone now knows how to beat him. I'm glad he's gone though. Even in losing he was a poor sport and a crybaby.

I think he mentioned there was a 'loser house'. I hope it's not stocked with booze. Could you imagine him and Lodune drowning their sorrow in that house! I hope Jason Thacker 'spritzes' up Chris' bed for him before he gets there!

FORT Newbie

Chris is out!

wow that was a surprise! I expected more from Chris. I guess he was just all talk :phhht Dang! Randy's team sucks! all are losers. i hope he aint gonna be a loser come UFC 52.

A Random Foot Kitty Throw Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion, Big Truck Adventure Champion, Tire Toss Champion PIMguy's Avatar
    Its funny how two of Randy's fighters lost because of a lack of ground skills (Alex and Chris). Maybe he selected strikers for his team in the hope of teaching them the ground game. On another note, I hope Nate's ankle heals, he's a decent guy.

Randy's choices

I was thinking that Randy should not have picked Chris or Nate to be on his team if he was looking out for them and hoping they would improve. They already train with him so they wouldn't learn anything new. The coaches at the training centre, Peter, Marc and the Thai guy help both teams anyway. By letting Chuck have them they would learn something new from Chuck.

On a selfish note, they could also be spies and see how Chuck trains or thinks in order to give Randy more insight into Chuck for the re-match they knew was going to happen.

Do you think Nate has any chance of staying on the show with his bum ankle? It looks doubtful to me. He's got about a week before the next middleweight challenge and fight. Terrell Owens was out for about 6 weeks, but his injury looked more severe than Nate's.

A Random Foot Kitty Throw Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion, Big Truck Adventure Champion, Tire Toss Champion PIMguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BermudaTriangle
    Do you think Nate has any chance of staying on the show with his bum ankle? It looks doubtful to me. He's got about a week before the next middleweight challenge and fight. Terrell Owens was out for about 6 weeks, but his injury looked more severe than Nate's.
    Unfortunately, I don't think he'll be well enough to fight that soon. There was some serious weight rolling over his ankle. But I hope he is able to fight, he deserves a shot.

FORT Newbie
    i do hope Nate gets to fight. He definitely deserves a shot as well as everybody else. Hey isn't Sanchez injured too? by the looks of it Josh will emerge as winner for MW. i wonder who will be in the OCtagon next? I was just browsing the teaser for the next episode....http://www.theultimatefighter.tv/episodes.php?show=next
    who do you think are the two fighters the teaser is referring too? any speculations?
    Last edited by redgelliebean; 02-24-2005 at 02:39 AM.

Darn. It's been almost a week since I watched the preview for the next episode and I remember saying to the SO, "Could they give away EVERYTHING that's going to happen next week?" But so much new information has hit my brain since last Monday I can't recall a thing from the preview.

Anyway, I was really bummed to see Chris lose. Not that I like him--just don't like Josh. And Randy Couture? What the heck? What's happening to his team? He's a much classier guy than Chuck from what I've heard, but he can't seem to train a winning team.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by gilberto
    And Randy Couture? What the heck? What's happening to his team? He's a much classier guy than Chuck from what I've heard, but he can't seem to train a winning team.
    My thoughts exactly, as I said before Randy's team sucks!
    I just hope this isn't any preview of what he is gonna be when he meets Chuck come April for UFC 52. By the way, is somebody from Team Liddell gonna be given to Team Couture again? Can't wait to see episode 7 tomorrow, are you guys gonna watch it?

I'm gonna watch it.

Saw the fight again last night. Scratch that... slept through the fight again last night. I was really getting nauseous with all the smack Chris was talking. Although I gotta hand it to him for predicting one thing... he said if Josh wins it would be because he layed on him and squeaked out a victory. That he did, Chris. But the rest of the crap you were talking was BS.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

I'm watching tonight too. The one thing was bugged me was last week's preview showing Dana White was saying he thought it was a draw. That means it probably goes two rounds and one guy gets the nod, while Dana thinks it was a draw and should go the extra round. At least they didn't say who fought. I wish they wouldn't show these slight spoilers in the previews.

+ Reply to Thread