+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ultimate Fighter (SpikeTV)

Last night's show was okay. I guess we saw more of their personalities. There are some irritating guys on this show: Lodune and Leben in particular. Diego Sanchez looked pretty normal and focused in the first episode. Now it looks like he's taken a 180 degree turn.

I was disappointed that Thacker and Sandford didn't get a chance to fight to stay on the show. If you're a fighter, I'm sure you want to at least get a chance to fight rather than get eliminated because your team lost a challenge unrelated to fighting and someone picks you to leave. I think the 'fight to avoid elimination' starts next week from the preview. That's a more satisfying way to go from my perspective.

I'm kind of disappointed that Randy kept Leben even though he broke a house rule, is disruptive to his team and PO's everyone in the house. I guess being on his real life fight team might have helped him last night. I think Mike Swick should ask to drop down a weight class and settle the score with Leben. That's the fight I want to see now, but it's not going to happen.

FORT Newbie

TUF episode 3

how about the way Lodune got knocked out huh? it was worth all Bobby's troubles making the weight.

A Random Foot Kitty Throw Champion, Tire Toss Champion PIMguy's Avatar
    Bobby better drop some real weight or he's going to be cutting every time he has to fight. He's sure got some good hands though.

That was pretty wild to see what Bobby had to do to get rid of all that water weight. I've never participated in a weight class sport like wrestling so I had no appreciation of what cutting weight was like. I couldn't believe it when Josh K. literally dragged him by the feet and arms back into the sauna and Chuck barring the door to keep in from escaping. I kind of felt sorry for him. That can't be healthy to spend that much time in the sauna!

I'm glad they got down to fighting to determine the eliminations rather than something unrelated like that lumberjack challenge. That was a wicked 3-punch combo Bobby laid into Lodune with.

The best part was seeing the UFC prez ream them all out at the beginning for being overweight, not being committed and having to fight for free. These guys are getting free room and board, daily coaching from the top notch coaches and a huge opportunity to make a living from fighting. I'm a regular lurker at a MMA mesage board and there is no shortage of fighters out there that would easily accept the terms given to these 16 for such an opportunity. So stop complaining! Bobby, Mike Swick, Kenny Florian and Forrest Griffin also post there regularly so it's cool to get some background info as the show unfolds. Can I give out the website here in case someone wants to go there?

I felt sorry for him too. I can't believe all that sweat when Josh K. pulled the sweatsuit off Bobby and he picked up out side and it was just dripping wet. I just can't imagine the endurance these guys are going to have by the end of the show. Good Luck to all of them!

Quote Originally Posted by BermudaTriangle
    That was pretty wild to see what Bobby had to do to get rid of all that water weight. I've never participated in a weight class sport like wrestling so I had no appreciation of what cutting weight was like. I couldn't believe it when Josh K. literally dragged him by the feet and arms back into the sauna and Chuck barring the door to keep in from escaping. I kind of felt sorry for him. That can't be healthy to spend that much time in the sauna!

I'm glad they got down to fighting to determine the eliminations rather than something unrelated like that lumberjack challenge. That was a wicked 3-punch combo Bobby laid into Lodune with.

The best part was seeing the UFC prez ream them all out at the beginning for being overweight, not being committed and having to fight for free. These guys are getting free room and board, daily coaching from the top notch coaches and a huge opportunity to make a living from fighting. I'm a regular lurker at a MMA mesage board and there is no shortage of fighters out there that would easily accept the terms given to these 16 for such an opportunity. So stop complaining! Bobby, Mike Swick, Kenny Florian and Forrest Griffin also post there regularly so it's cool to get some background info as the show unfolds. Can I give out the website here in case someone wants to go there?

Quote Originally Posted by BermudaTriangle
    Can I give out the website here in case someone wants to go there?
    I hope so! My SO is a huge UFC fan (I'm just kinda getting into it) but we don't really watch much TV so I didn't even know this show was on until I found the first three episodes on a download site. Can't wait for the rest to air now that I know where Spike TV is.

FWIW, I think the fight between Bobby and Lodune was bogus. Bobby had to lose twenty pounds of liquid, not actual body weight, to fight someone. It was an uneven match physically, even though Bobby must have been drained (pun intended) of energy after all that cutting.

FORT Newbie
    shouldn't be the fight be against MW vs MW and LHW vs. LHW?

Quote Originally Posted by gilberto
    I hope so! My SO is a huge UFC fan (I'm just kinda getting into it) but we don't really watch much TV so I didn't even know this show was on until I found the first three episodes on a download site. Can't wait for the rest to air now that I know where Spike TV is.

FWIW, I think the fight between Bobby and Lodune was bogus. Bobby had to lose twenty pounds of liquid, not actual body weight, to fight someone. It was an uneven match physically, even though Bobby must have been drained (pun intended) of energy after all that cutting.

That's the thing with weight class sports like MMA, boxing and wrestling. Guys typically compete in weight classes below their normal everyday weight because it's an advantage to try to be naturally bigger and stronger than your opponent. This causes everyone else to cut weight as well to negate this, so almost everyone in a weight class is actually bigger! This is why I have a lot of respect for a guy like Frank Shamrock (Ken's brother) who was an undefeated UFC champion when the limit was 200 lbs. He always weighed in fully clothed in the low 190's and fought guys who were naturally 210-220 lbs.

The website quite a few of the fighters are members of and post is mma.tv. Just go to the Underground Forum. It was funny reading some keyboard warriors calling Bobby heartless for wanting to quit, and then backtracking when he came on and explained his side of the story.

It's Diego Sanchez vs. Alex Karalexis tonight. Middleweight fight. 170 - 185 pds. They were 183 & 185 pds. Diego gets on top and stays there and Alex taps out. Team Blue wins.

FORT Newbie
    oh thats good to hear karen....i missed the show....is there an elimination??...

+ Reply to Thread