+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: The Ultimate Fighter (SpikeTV)

FORT Newbie
    what is that nest two UFC events blackshade? i havent heard that there will be a fight between tito and forrest,, ..all i know is the upcoming UFC 58, UFC: all access and TUF 3 on april anyway i still go for Rich Franklin, it is so sad that Hughes wont be able to fight in UFC 58...but i will still look forward for his fight with gracie...by the way guys, i found some clips here for UFC:all access and UFC 58, hope to hear from u

http://video.ufc.tv/canadatour.wmv
    http://video.ufc.tv/thursday.wmv

Hey 'a little groovi', I found the date for the April pay-per-view. It's Saturday, April 15th. Forrest Griffin will fight Tito Ortiz in the main event. Andrei Arlovski will fight Tim Sylvia for the heavyweight belt.

For Ultimate Fighter fans, at UFC 58 next Saturday on March 4th, Ultimate Fighter season 1 fighters Diego Sanchez will fight John Alessio, Kenny Florian will fight Sam Stout and Mike Swick will fight Steve Vigneault.

Also the next Ultimate Fight Night card on Spike TV on April 6th from mmaweekly.com looks like:
    - Rashad Evans (season 2 winner) vs. Sam Hogar (I hope Rashad crushes the 'thief'))
    - Luke Cummo vs. Jason Von Flue (season 2 fighters. Nice competitive fight IMHO)
    - Josh Burkman (season 2 guy who got his arm broken by Melvin Guillard in the 1st fight) vs. John Fitch (tough wrestler)
    - Joe Stevenson (season 2 winner) vs. Josh Neer (lost to Drew Fickett on the undercard of Ultimate Fight Night 2. I was there. A real quick fight. I pick Joe)
    - Stephan Bonnar (season 1 standout) vs. Keith Jardine (An interesting fight. Stephan has better stand-up, but Keith is really good with his ground game. I like Stephan due to his size and experience)

Just a little reminder, the premier of season 3 is Thursday, April 6th. Ken Shamrock and Tito Ortiz are the coaches, and this season will feature Middleweights and Light Heavyweights. Bios for the coaches and competitors are up on the Ultimate Fighter website.

Anyone have any favorites, yet?

ETA: One guy, Jesse Forbes, went to my high school. (Like way after I was there, though.) I'm gonna have to root for the hometown boy. Doesn't hurt that he's pretty damn cute too.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

A Random Foot Kitty Throw Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion, Big Truck Adventure Champion, Tire Toss Champion PIMguy's Avatar
    I'm liking Kristian Rothaermel for the light heavies. He's got a great record so far (although that could be meaningless), but he just seems to be kind of off-the-wall with his interests and background. Sorry for his loss, though.

I also like the looks of the deaf guy (forgot his name). Kind of reminds me of Matt Hughes and he trains with Couture which can't be a bad thing.

One more week until show time. ARE YOU READY?!

A Random Foot Kitty Throw Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion, Big Truck Adventure Champion, Tire Toss Champion PIMguy's Avatar
    Let's Get it On!

Ultimate Fight Night tonight, followed by TUF 3. Good night all around.

I'm so excited....(giggles).. this show is one of my guilty pleasures!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Tuf 3

I really enjoyed last night's premiere. This season looks more exciting than the first 2 combined. It looks like there are more badasses this season than the last two combined. These guys so far look to have a lot more personality than season 2 as well. It was nice to see them open it up by bringing in international talent in the two Brits and the Canadian who won last night.

I found out that Tait Fletcher (last guy picked) is a buddy of Joe Rogan and his personal bodyguard. Where was he when Jonathan Baker had that incident with Joe during that reality stars Fear Factor taping? Rory Singer (Tito's first MW pick) is the brother of Adam Singer who is Forrest Griffin's trainer. Rory also trains with Forrest. I wonder if this helps Forrest when he fights Tito next week.

The drama between Tito Ortiz and Ken Shamrock also translated well on screen. Those 2 really hate each other. They're much more exciting to watch than the bland Matt Hughes and Rich Franklin.

I liked the fact there aren't any lame challenges anymore and riddiculously blatant product placements like last season (zoom into Right Guard; show guy applying it; show guys making protein shakes, etc...).

Hey, the deaf one is from 45 min from where I grew up.

Yeah, I don't really give a crap about fighting. I don't care to actually watch the violence, but, I will be listening to the couple with the darling accents
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

This week's episode should be called "Karma's a Bitch". It's so nice to see the jerks don't always win. Jesse was way too sure of himself, and though he tried to psych out Noah, I think in the end Noah psyched him out. That arm bar was perfect!

I'm really glad the challenges are gone. They were way too contrived to give it more of a reality-tv gameshow feel. The challenges did nothing to enhance the actual show.

As far as the fighters this season, I too thought they were much more ruffneck than what we've had in the past. That is until this episode. What a bunch of babies! I realize over-training is a problem, but some of these guys were whining, nothing more.

My least favorite, based on personality, has to be Saul. I love it in a hate it kind of way when dumb people insult smarter people as "dumb". Worse was when Saul was talking about how they were older so they had better ideas how to mess with people. Actually, s**thead, the older you get the more mature you're supposed to become. He's just trash.

Does any one know what happened between Ortiz and Dana? I think it's interesting Tito has all these feuds going. It must be how he ticks, because I clearly remember he and Chuck Lidell (was it him?) having a similar issue before their fight. Whatever floats his boat I guess. He just seems more cool and collected than that.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

Tito's feud with Dana

Tito tried to renegotiate his contract in the middle of it asking for riddiculous money at the time. His antics caused fights to be pushed back (ie. fighting Chuck) and screwed up the UFC's plans. Obviously Dana wasn't happy and they've been bitter enemies since. It's funny that Dana actually used to manage Tito at one time and they were good friends.

I saw the pay-per-view last night. Tito won a split decision over Forrest. I had it Forrest 2 rounds to 1. The crowd totally turned on Tito by the end booing the decision and cheering for Forrest. They were hot for Tito when he came to the octagon since he's from the OC, and they booed Forrest pretty loudly. Forrest just won them over by showing a lot of heart, negating Tito's takedowns and getting stonger as the fight went on. He was
    also more animated than usual pumping himself up between rounds. You could see his confidence growing. Chuck Liddell and Ken Shamrock looked pissed at the decision too.

Post-fight, Tito said he had damaged his ACL during training. I read he's on the shelf for 3 months, so I don't think we'll be seeing Ken vs. Tito as planned this summer. He also took a shot at Randy Couture for cornering Forrest. He whined that he helped train with Randy in the past and he wasn't being loyal by helping Forrest.

+ Reply to Thread