+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: The Ultimate Fighter (SpikeTV)

Read today that Ken Shamrock and Tito Ortiz were signed to be the coaches for the next Ultimate Fighter ... that should be interesting ...

Has anyone heard anything about this lately? I wonder which weight classes they will feature. It would be cool to have them all, but that would prob. end up a bit cumbersome.

Anyways, I don't really have any good reason for posting here except to bump the thread and fish for info. I can't wait for the next season (and more hot fighters).

Also, I just found out my favorite, Forrest Griffin, will fight Tito Ortiz in April. Now how hot is THAT?
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

Quote Originally Posted by corprip View Post
    Also, I just found out my favorite, Forrest Griffin, will fight Tito Ortiz in April. Now how hot is THAT?
    I'd have to say that's very hot indeed.

FORT Newbie
    hey guys..its been a long time since i visited this forum....busy with work..oh by the way have you heard of the upcoming UFC 58? who will be the fighters then?
    Last edited by John; 02-16-2006 at 10:09 PM. Reason: Fixed lingo

Ufc58

Hey,

I saw the UFC thread resurrected, so I thought I'd fill in some blanks.

Forrest will fight Tito Ortiz in April at UFC 59 at the Pond in Anaheim, CA. The co-main event is Andrei Arlovski vs. Tim Sylvia for the UFC heavyweight belt. I pick Arlovski by brutal destruction. Forrest vs. Tito is a toss-up. I like Forrest and hope he picks up a win.

UFC 58 on March 4th is themed USA vs. Canada. This card features Rich Franklin of the USA (The Ultimate Fighter 2 coach) vs. David Loiseau of Canada for the middleweight title and BJ Penn of the USA (former UFC welterweight champ who left due to a contract dispute and who choked out Matt Hughes, the Ultimate Fighter 2 coach) vs. Georges St. Pierre of Canada for the WW championship. I like BJ and Georges and can't pick between them.

The Ultimate Fighter 3 is probably going to have tonnes of fireworks since Tito Ortiz is a coach and Ken Shamrock (former WWF star) is the other coach. They legitamitely hate each other and Tito has one win over Ken.

BTW, in a rubber match of the Ultimate Fighter season 1 coaches, Chuck Liddell knocked out Randy Couture the night before the Super Bowl. Randy retired after that fight. Good for him. He's still tops in my books.

Ultimate Fight Night on April 6th

Hey fans,

I forgot to mention Ultimate Fight Night on April 6th. This will precede episode 1 of The Ultimate Fighter Season 3 on Spike TV.

This is a live fight card featuring the winners of season 2. Heavweight winner Rashad Evans will fight Sam Hoger (the 'thief' from season 1) and welterweight winner Joe Stevenson will fight Josh Neer. Luke (the nerd from season 2) Cummo will also be fighting season 2 standout Jason Von Flue on the card. Rashad will be dropping down to the lightheavyweight division to fight Sam.

Thanks BT...I was wondering when the new season starts, and will definately want to see"Ultimate fight night!"
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

FORT Newbie
    wow nice one bermuda ... i've already checked http://www.ufc.tv/ ...spike tv will not going to feature UFC 58..it will be available live on pay-per-view at 10 p.m. EST/7 p.m. PST, on iN DEMAND, DIRECTV, DISH Network and TVN....

how about the UFC ALL ACCESS?? heard about it? i've heard they will feature rich franklin..

I am really looking forward to the next two UFC events. Tito Ortiz will be a big challenge for Forrest, I am pulling for him but Ortiz is a very dangerous, experienced fighter so Forrest is going to have to bring his best in that fight. If you love striking, that Rich Franklin vs the Crow David Loiseau will be heaven. That BJ Penn vs Georges St. Pierre is a really tough one, Georges has looked incredible lately and Penn is a really good as evidenced by his defeating Matt Hughes. I am really looking forward to the new season of Ultimate Fighter, hopefully we will get some good fighters and some heat going between Tito and Shamrock.

A Random Foot Kitty Throw Champion, Tire Toss Champion PIMguy's Avatar
    And let's not forget the return of Royce Gracie to the UFC. He will be fighting Matt Hughes. Many think it might be a Hughes romp but I think it could be interesting. Anyone know when they fight? I heard sometime in May but I haven't seen anything official.

+ Reply to Thread