+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: The Ultimate Fighter (SpikeTV)

A Random Foot Kitty Throw Champion, Tire Toss Champion PIMguy's Avatar

Nerds! Nerds! Nerds!

Great fight by Luke. The man's an animal. I'm going to start eating wild rice, garlic and kelp so I can be like Luke. That was a fun fight to watch. I wonder what's up with the heavyweight fight next week, they made it sound like a surprise or a disappointment.

Premium Member
    Those welterweight fights always seem to have so much more energy compared to the heavyweights, very exciting to watch. Although Anthony seemed to be tired out by the end of round one and couldn't really follow through with his game plan. But Luke's diet sure must've helped his stamina, he looked just as energetic throughout it all. I will say Luke got more warnings for illegal hits than any other fight I've seen, not that it gave him any more of an advantage, but it wouldn't hurt if he learned a bit more style than scrapping like that. I was worried he wouldn't be able to handle the fight if it went to the ground and he managed to do pretty good. I think if Anthony had not run out of energy and could keep Luke on the ground each round, he would've had a better chance to win, since Luke was better upright, although Anthony was tougher than I thought he would be on his feet.

It was just sad to see that Anthony had him for a moment and then couldn't hold it. But great fight!!
    Yup, with donuts!!

--Not! that Mike's gone. I was so sick of watching fatboy think he was an assistant coach; it did jump up and bite him.

I don't really know a lot about MMA but I'm enjoying watching this (and it's the only Realitytv i get to see on Mondays, Man night)

I was really impressed with luke the last time but thought he needed to get a bit meaner; looks like he knows it too. I like the way this guy thinks, and fights. If he could build his strength and 'killer instinct" a bit more, he would be a terror, in my uneducated opinion. For the latter, he's getting there--great finish in this latest go-round,!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Yay Luke. And good fight Sam, I think he will be a good fighter one day. He just got caught by the unorthodox buzzsaw that is Luke. At least both of them looked like they wanted to be fighters. And we finally get to see Keith fight next week, I just hope Rashad's injury doesn't bother him too much. My predictions for the finals: Joe vs. Luke and Keith vs. Seth. Should be a fun finale to this sometimes lackluster season.

We have our final pairings. I think the fights were pretty good in the semis, at least they all seemed to want it. And what a shot in the arm for anyone who was ever picked last on the playground. Way to go Luke and Brad. So anyone up for predictions? Since I've been so wrong this season let me be wrong again: Joe beats Luke, and Brad beats Rashad. Enjoy the finale anyone who is watching.

My boyfriend watches this (and he complains about my watching of reality shows!) and the only episode I saw was when someone got cut pretty deep. Something like all the way to the bone (his forehead). YIKES!

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by PIMguy
    We have our final pairings. I think the fights were pretty good in the semis, at least they all seemed to want it. And what a shot in the arm for anyone who was ever picked last on the playground. Way to go Luke and Brad.
    Oh man, I did not want to know that,

Seth
    Last edited by ~Lurker~; 11-02-2005 at 04:21 PM.

Man did Seth's ear look messed up. It looked like it was going to fall off!

Kudos to the underdogs making it to the finals. Luke and Brad actually weren't even picked. They were the last welterweight and heavyweight remaining so they had to go to their respective teams to balance out the sides. Rashad was the big spoiler this year. He beat the two favorites (Mike and Keith) and he had to fight 3 times and deal with a sprained wrist too.

For what it's worth, here are my picks:

- Joe over Luke (although I'm rooting for the nerdboy. I'm looking forward to seeing what he wears to the cage)
    - Rashad over Brad (If Seth could take Brad down easily, Rashad should be able too since he wrestled at Michigan State)
    - Nick Diaz over Diego Sanchez (I'd like to see Diego win since I like his aggressiveness, but Diaz is more well-rounded than Diego)
    - Kenny Florian (season 1) vs. Kit Cope (a Muay Thai world champion. He was featured on an MTV show once showing him and a buddy going to Thailand to fight)

The other fights on the undercard which might be shown, time permitting, are:
    Keith vs. Kerry Schaal (guy who left first show with a knee injury)
    Melvin vs. Marcus
    Sammy vs. Josh Burkman (won ihs fight but left because Melvin broker his arm with a kick)

Crap, I missed the second night. They really messed me up by splitting it up like that. Does SpikeTV still replay past episodes?
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

+ Reply to Thread