+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ultimate Fighter (SpikeTV)

So, what are some of your thoughts on last night's show?

I have to admit I'm having a harder time getting into this crowd than the last one. And all the injuries... gah! I hope they have enough alternates.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

A Random Foot Kitty Throw Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion, Tire Toss Champion, Little Protectors Champion PIMguy's Avatar
    I'm like you Corp, not too into the group. But I'm hoping that will change as we see more of them. I didn't enjoy the fight too much. Melvin didn't seem to have any ground skills (or he didn't use them much) and Josh didn't seem to have the standard rear naked choke in his arsenal. I mean, how many times did Melvin give Josh his back and Josh couldn't do anything with it. I hope the fights get better.

Also, I was suprised that the big Cowboy (Brad is it?) was chosen last of the heavyweights. Obviously we haven't seen all of their training but I thought he'd be chosen on size alone. I hope the new "skyscraper" does well, always like to see an engineer succeed. Luke is strange, but he's a competitor, they better not underestimate him.

Season 2 Group

There doesn't seem to be as many interesting characters as last season's group, and now the biggest personality so far, Melvin is gone. They all seem so serious. But it's still early. I laughed when they showed a bunch of them sitting around reading their bibles! Then the two coaches join them in church study. I kind of miss Chris Leben and the drunken shenanigans from last season now!

RVD
    FORT Newbie
    they guys are pretty weak. i haven't seen a truly good fighter yet...hopefully that will change.

even joe stevenson wasn't as good as he could have been. diego sanchez would have put on a massive beating if he was in that top dominant position.

RVD.

last night's episode

man... have i been wrong so far with picking who was going to win the fight based on appearance... last night was more of the same.

was it me, or did that jason von flue guy look uncoordinated and slow? even matt hughes thought it was a no-win situation against jorge... until after the 2nd round. guess that goes to say, determination will get you a long way...

A Random Foot Kitty Throw Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion, Tire Toss Champion, Little Protectors Champion PIMguy's Avatar
    Von Flue/Gurgel was a great fight. I was hoping Jorge would win but at least they both acted like they wanted to be fighters. I'm respecting Matt Hughes less and less as the show goes on. Just as I didn't like Rashad's "showboating" I'm not a big fan of Matt's mind games and trash talking. Plus the fact that Matt chose to get in the cage with his fighters and beat the crud out of them after the last fighter lost. I'm not sure that's good coaching.

Finally, a good fight! Jorge talked tough about Jason but couldn't back it up. This season has been disappointing compared to season 1. There have been no big personalities or feuds compared to season 1. I'm a huge mixed martial arts fan, so I'll keep watching though. I'm just not watching my taped episodes more than once. Hopefully this season picks up from here.

Reminder to any TUF1 fans: Ultimate Fight Night 2 on Monday, Oct. 3rd at 9 pm on Spike TV. This is a live card from the Hard Rock Hotel in Las Vegas. Chris Leben vs. Edwin Dewees, Josh Koscheck vs. Drew Fickett and Evan Tanner (former Middleweight champ beaten by coach Rich Franklin) vs. David Loiseau (watch this guy!). The next TUF episode airs right after.

I went to Vegas to see Ultimate Fight Night 1 in August and wasn't disappointed. Enjoy! Fickett won his fight pretty quickly. He might give Koscheck some problems. Loiseau is a stud. If he wins he might be next in line to fight coach Franklin.

BT, I caught the Loiseau fight. You're right, he's a badass.

I've really enjoyed the last two fights. This last one was very entertaining during the first two rounds. Seth had some freak weird moves and wore Dan down, although I think there were some personal circumstances interfering with it. Plus, after Dan kept racking Seth, they were both more inhibited. Good fight tho.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

Quote Originally Posted by corprip
    Plus, after Dan kept racking Seth, they were both more inhibited. Good fight tho.
    I couldn't believe Seth kept going-- I want to see him fight in a clean match, I bet he's impressive.
    I for two am also getting very tired of watching Matt Hughes. Hey dude, why don't you try helping your guys get better, instead of venting your frustrations by beating the hell out of them?
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Matt Hughes may be a great fighter, but he doesn't appear to be much of a coach. He's sent three guys out to fight and admitted he didn't mind if they lost (Rob, Tom and Jason). Even his team is not impressed. What was telling was the smirks on Sam and Dan's faces in the van when he said he was a better coach than Rich Franklin.

Matt clearly loves Joe and Mike and couldn't give a damn about the other guys on the team. He didn't even say anything nice to Jason after he beat Jorge. He just ships him off to the other team! I think Jason's better off on Franklin's team.

+ Reply to Thread