+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ultimate Fighter (SpikeTV)

Chuck vs. Randy!

They circled and exchanged. Randy looked like he caught a finger in the eye and the ref stopped it so he could check it out and allow Randy to compose himself. After the stoppage Chuck and Randy circled like boxers until Chuck threw a combo and caught Randy with a right and dropped him! He caught him flush and followed up with numerous punches until the ref stopped it. Chuck Liddell is the new UFC light heavyweight champ!

Great fight! Randy didn't complain after the fight when Joe Rogan interviewed him.

I FINALLY had time to sit down and watch last weeks' fights... I had hoped the Sanchez?florian match would be more interesting, but it went about like I expected. Did kind of wonder if they would ever get Diego to shut up in the post-fight interview I thought Diego was so much better than any of the others in his weight class, that the best possible matchup (Josh K) would still be just so-so.

The Bonnar/Griffen fight more than made up for it! Great show, and I was thinking to myself the whole time, if I were the producer, no way would I let either of these guys get away without signing them. That crowd was going nuts!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

New Season Starts Tonight

That's right boys and girls. Season 2 of the Ultimate Fighter Championship reality show starts tonight.

This season will feature:

Heavyweight and Welterweight fighters
    Rich Franklin and Matt Hughes as coaches
    AND Forrest Griffin and Stephan Bonnar commentary on each week's episodes!!!

Check your listings!

SpikeTV
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

A Random Foot Kitty Throw Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion, Tire Toss Champion, Little Protectors Champion PIMguy's Avatar
    Yeah, buddy!! It's back. I didn't get to watch last night but did record it. I think the heavyweights might be interesting, there's some big boys in that group. Maybe the second season deserves it's own thread.

A Random Foot Kitty Throw Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion, Tire Toss Champion, Little Protectors Champion PIMguy's Avatar
    I finally watched it. I can't believe these guys!!! From the previews I thought Dana White was just trying to be a star with another "Do you want to be a f-n fighter" speech, but it was necessary. Why come to the show if you want to quit? I mean, why quit after cutting 15 pounds, he only needed 5 more. Cutting weight is hard but when you're that close just finish it. I hope we've seen the last of the quitters.

It was a total wussfest.

It's interesting Eli was one of the two (Rashid being the other) that Dana said were the weakest. What that one guy said was probably true, he realized he was outclassed. Probably true for blondie too. He was obviously weak during the physical exams for Dana to call him out as the weakest, and if a sauna broke him, then he sure as hell can't take the octagon.

By the way, I was laughing so hard my gut hurt at "this season's Diego". My favorite part was when he was talking about ch'i. He was talking so slow, it sounded like he was about to forget what he was going to say:

"Ch'i... is electro-magnetic energy... from the earth."

HAHAHAHA. Loved it. Slurp.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

And Eli was the one going off about how hard he hits, hitting someone's head like a pinata "until the candy came out," etc. It's just too bad that he took a slot that someone who wanted to fight could have had.

Tuf 2

I'm a MMA fan so I was familiar with some of these guys by name. I think this year's crop has overall better talent than last year's. I think they got a lot more applications this time around. The only guy I've seen in action is Joe Stevenson from a bunch of King of the Cage DVD's. He's the guy Dana called overweight and 4 foot 3. He's actually a solid ground and pound fighter who's been fighting since he was 16. Matt Hughes could really help him.

Many of the other guys train with established fighters and teams:
    Josh Burkman - Team Quest with Randy Couture
    Jorge Gurgel - He trains with Rich Franklin and is Rich's jiu-jitsu instructor
    Kerry Schaal - Injured guy that left also trains with Rich Franklin
    Keith Jardine - Trains with Diego Sanchez under Greg Jackson
    Mike Whitehead - Miletich Fighting Systems (same team as Matt Hughes)
    Luke Cummo - This season's Diego trains under UFC vet Matt Serra. His only career loss is to Josh Koscheck from TUF1.

One thing I didn't like was Dana calling them out again in the first episode. He painted them all p**sies with one broad brush even though it was Eli and Kenny who were the whiny B**tches who quit. The others all seemed to take it seriously since they learned from watching season 1, especially Jorge who seems very professional. I don't think these guys complained more or less than last year's crop.

I taped Monday night's epi but I plan to watch it this evening. I totally loved season 1 and I have to say that Forrest and Diego were my faves.

FORT Newbie
    I never saw season 1.. but I like this show allot! Very entertaining. Way better then The Contender

+ Reply to Thread