+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brat Camp (ABC Family)

I missed it too! Although whenever the commercials come on , I say to my little darlings "See there- if you guys don't behave I'll send ya to brat camp!!" Then my 7 year old does a spot on imperonation of the girl who says in the New York (?) accent "It's just torcha!"

I can't imagine being the counselors out in the wild with these brats. I don't feel they possibly can be paid enough. They have to have a world of patience. Hmm, the boy that's "collecting" the rocks every time he swears is going to have something to think about by the end of his time with Brat Camp.

Don't forget this show is on tonight (Monday 10PM Eastern time) on ABC Family.

Just finished watching last nite's episode. The crew seems to have come far at least they have all the toxins finally washed out of their systems. It's amazing to watch the still drugged vs the non drugged states of these kids. Although I don't think 4 or 6 weeks is enough time to really clean you up and instill some better habits. It is very interesting to watch the kids try to convince the Doc to send them home. He is obviously seeing something that we the veiwing audience don't see, After talking to Fran and James the Doc basically is saying they are talking the talk but not walking the walk. It reminds me a bit of Judge Judy. When you first start watching you are open to believing both sides but after a while you have heard the same excuses and sob stories that you just don't buy it any more. It's like kids wonder how adults can see through some of their stories. After being around my niece and volunteering at the elementary school it is so obvious went kids are pulling something cause it reminds you of what you did as a kid. What's funny is that they think they are pulling one over you.

Fran is a angry young lady and she just doesn't get it that it is not all about her. She honestly does not think any one gets her or can understand her. She acts as if everyone is out to get her and make her miserable. People generally do read others quite well and those people are amazed that others form opinions on how they act and behave; they don't get it. Fran needs to stay for another 10 or so weeks.

I was sorry to see Charlie had cheated. I really thought he was making superb progress. Should be interesting to see what next wk brings

Quote Originally Posted by DevilTwin
    I was sorry to see Charlie had cheated. I really thought he was making superb progress. Should be interesting to see what next wk brings
    I really don't think by our definition what he was doing was cheating, as perphaps helping to much. I think Charlie's intent was to be a good leader and help out the others, but this is a program where you learn by doing things for yourself, learn to be self sufficient and that is were Charlie had problems.

1/31 - last episode of Brat Camp

Nice ending. We see graduations from every one. Not every body went home at the same time. First was Charlie and Jaime (i think) then 2 weeks later it was Tom and Dan and Fran. Fran going home really surprised me as she was the most combative and disgruntled of the lot and needed the most work. On one of their last hikes the group was joined by some new people fresh into the program, they are called pollywogs. Anyway there was this surfer girl called Jessica who did exactly what Fran first did always stopping falling down and whinning. Now this was a really hard hike and the slowest person is put up front and this time it was Jessica. At first the brits, especially Fran was quite sympathetic toward Jessica. Fran explained I know how she feels cause thats exactly how I felt. Fran even went up to her and gave her some advice. But after hours of hiking and stopping and having to wait for Jessica and it started to snow and get dark and get cold Fran was so frustrated that she wanted to punch Jessica.

Then we see Tom and Dan and Fran graduation.

We start seeing clips of everybody at home. Dr Dan had told the parents that there will be adjustments and downslides for the returnees and that there will have to be adjustments on both sides. We see Jaime using the talking stick with his parents and them telling him not to go to the pub. ( isn't the drinking age much lower in England then here, 16 isn't it???? I know that you can leave school at 16 and start work and are considered an adult (have sex) at that age) Any way Jaime tells his mum that the way she tells him not to go to the pub just puts his back and want to go. Mum realizes that they are alot alike and that is one reason why they clash so much, but she adjusts how she asks him to stay away from the pub and she notes that yes even she will need to adjust and change how she deals with Jaime so they do not clash with each other. Jaime was excepted into Gordonston (sp??) a boarding school in Scotland, Prince Charles went there, and he is excited to start.

We see Charlie with his dad. Dad is happy Charlie has a job with a moving company and is paying his Dad rent and even making his own dinners. Dad is not quite sure about eating any of Charlie's dinners yet. Charlie was home for about 2 weeks and he got into a fight. Charlie explains that he did warn the guy off 3 or 4 times before he hit him and before he never would have done that. Charlie decides that he needs to channel his anger and goes to a local recruiter to apply to the army.

We see Tom and his family and his mum says the first couple of weeks were wonderful and he was really helpful around the house and with his sisters. But he did smoke cannabis one time and his mum asked him to leave and he said he would not but he did take his Red Cliff sleeping bag and spent the nite in the garden shed. the following day he said he never wanted to do that again (sleep in the shed) His mum mentions that before he was smoking everyday and so this was a big improvement. He hopes to get an apprenticeship to become a plumber.

Dan (I may have Tom and Dan mixed up so please forgive me) (tom was the one with the hair right??) Is going on a 3 mouth Outward bound course and he said something about being a counselor and that he wasn't depressed or tired or angry anymore. His parents said that he was back to being the old Dan before the drugs and they are happy about that.

Then Fran's mum mentions that it has been a bit up and down with Fran but that she did not expect a happy ending this is real life. Fran did go missing for 48 hours when she first came home but has basically staighten up. She has a job at the local super market handing out leaflets. Her mum said that Fran is happier and thinks she has a future now and not that the whole world is against her.

Finally Rachel graduates 2 days before her 3 month visa expires. She goes home and 2 weeks later is a police cadet.

FORT Regular
    The second series of Brat Camp began here in the UK last night. It's slightly different this time, set on a Cowboy ranch in Utah with 7 kids instead of 6, but just as compelling.

I won't give to much away, but the first stage they go through is Impact. This involves standing in a stone-circle outdoors for at least three days without talking to anyone.

There's also a major twist mid-season as the parents join the kids at the Brat Camp - and they learn some tough lessons too.

A US version of the show is also being planned. I guess the UK version must be heavily edited for US TV - alot of bleeping I imagine!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12