+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: My Super Sweet 16

My Super Sweet 16

My Super Sweet 16 takes you on a wild ride behind the scenes for all the drama, surprises and over-the-top fun as teens prepare for their most important coming-of-age celebrations. Meet the kids who are determined to go all out to mark this major turning point in their lives, the parents who lavish every wish, and find out first hand what it's really like to turn 16 these days.

Whether a Sweet 16, Quinceaneara or Coming Out, each week My Super Sweet 16 will document one character's outrageous journey as they plot, plan and prep for the party to end all parties. These kids expect and will only accept the absolute best. Now, it's up to them to make sure jealous siblings, stressed out parents and school rivals don't get in the way. This series gives you an up close and very personal look at the extravagant and sometimes extreme measures teens take to ensure that this milestone in their lives is commemorated by the ultimate celebration. Will their real life Sweet 16 ever live up to their fantasies?

Blow out 16 candles and step in to a world that isn't always as sweet as it seems.

My Super Sweet 16 Premieres Tuesday, Jan. 18 at 10:30 P.M. on MTV.

January 18, 2005 -- THIS ain't your mama's sweet 16 — and it prob ably wasn't yours or your best friend's either.
    The latest MTV real-life series, "My Super Sweet 16," premiering tonight at 10:30, explores the real world of overindulged American teens as they plan their extravagant birthday bashes.

"Being 16 is a power struggle with parents — there's a lot of push and pull at that stage," says executive producer Nina Diaz. "We wanted to capture that exact moment when someone is turning from childhood to adulthood..

"Every week we're documenting the journey of what it's like to turn 16 in these times, which is much more complicated [than it used to be]. Kids can sometimes be more focused on the material aspects of the world."

No kidding.

The first of six episodes revolves around a pair of popular (and filthy rich) La Jolla, Calif., teens, Jacqueline and Lauren, who are having a joint 400-person party at the local Hard Rock Café. They estimate the festivities will cost a mere $100,000.

In the half-hour show, the girls deal with the horror of an overflowing guest list, the sorrow of not having Beyoncé (her half-million dollar fee was somewhat too expensive) and a near catfight over wanting to wear similar dresses.

Upcoming episodes feature a party thrown by the son of a celebrity caterer — including a father-son stop at a dance club to pick podium dancers for the party — and an unpopular girl who uses her talk-of-the-town bash to exact revenge on all the people that have been mean to her.

Fortunately, here's a healthy dose of humor too.

"At first, we didn't know what shape the show was going to take, but comedy has really become the heart of a lot of these episodes," says Diaz.

Take, for example, the unintentionally hilarious moment when the high heel-and-miniskirt clad Jacqueline gets sucked into the party's mosh pit, while Lauren squeals and scampers away.

Despite all this, the teens weren't merely interested in spending money.

"They honestly worked very hard. We were all impressed by how dedicated, diligent and adult-like they were in handling all of their arrangements and advocating for all of their needs," says Diaz.

The La Jolla girls even collected $10 from each guest and donated it to charity.

Still, "a lot of times we're blown away — just when we thought we'd seen it all, we have Ava come along from Beverly Hills, having her 'Arabian Nights'-themed sweet 16 at the Four Seasons," says Diaz — with four shirtless college polo players carrying her on a silk pillow.
    http://www.nypost.com/entertainment/38831.htm

January 21, 2005 -- If ever you need an exam ple of a network playing per fectly to its audience, con sider MTV's new series, "My Super Sweet 16," which kicked some serious derriere Tuesday. The show, which follows a bunch of girls plan ning their Sweet 16 parties, notched 5.9 million viewers — big numbers for MTV — and was the network's high est-rated series premiere ever among its core audience (per sons 12-34). Score one for the programmers over there.
    http://www.nypost.com/entertainment/38539.htm

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    I saw the first ep. It was okay. Im going to stick around.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Ugh. I saw the first episode and it was so wack. The brunette girl got punched at her own freakin party?! What was that? The party would have been over as soon as some guy punches me. I would have had him arrested and the party would have been done. That girl was so retarded-it didn't even look like they had fun.
    I have learned that gifts don't always come wrapped and treasures aren't always buried.
    - Bob Perks

I don't believe she got punched, i think she was lying. Those girls are so damn RICH!! I can't believe Beyonce wouldn't do it, unless she got paid a half a million dollars! anyways, this show looks kind of dumb, i hope the next episodes are better. I wan't D-R-A-M-A

100,000 dollars :rolleyes ........ but i did think the fact that people were scalping there tickets was hilarious

Those girls were so ridiculous. Their Sweet 16 turned into a freakin rave and they didn't even care. And it didn't even look like they had fun or anybody cared about them. They went and got their hair done and bought expensive dresses but really...do you think anyone noticed?? They were too busy having a mosh pit!

This next episode with the girl who goes to Paris to find an "original" dress and says "Mom, Dior is LIKE .....closed." is pretty damn annoying. Sounded like it took her a while to think of how to make that sentence.
    I have learned that gifts don't always come wrapped and treasures aren't always buried.
    - Bob Perks

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    "It's my party!" "Mom cancelled my credit card" "Dad" Annoying brat.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee
    "It's my party!" "Mom cancelled my credit card" "Dad" Annoying brat.
    How about the crying "hissy fit" while out at dinner cause she did not get her brand new Range Rover on the day of her birth.... she got it a couple days later at her actual party.

Of course there was her father commenting in the end the whole thing... the trip to Paris to buy the "ulitmate dress" which ended up being made in California... the party... and lets not forget the Range Rover. Cost: 200,000.00+

All this for a Sweet 16? Holy Cow... The worst part was... there was nothing likeable about this girl. At least the two girls with the Party that turned into a Mosh pit were decent acting.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 1234567891011 ... LastLast