+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: My Super Sweet 16

FORT Fogey
    doesn't mtv paid them? because i am having a hard time believing that parents are actually spending that much on one night party. the parents aren't really extremely rich like a donald trump. i think mtv does some of the work

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    This article posted yesterday on the NYT site has some insight as to how they get the girls on the show. And it does appear that the girls' parents pay for the parties.

I'm really sick and tired of MTV excessively promoting superficial shows that glorify spoiled rich brats. I haven't even bothered watching Tiara Girls coz it just seems like another attempt by MTV to promote good looking individuals as a theme of their shows. Hearing these girls tell their parents to shut up, go away, and then start crying when their shirt has a wrinkle in it makes me gag. I don't mind having these shows occasionally, but dear goodness, they have too many. Laguna Beach & 8th & Ocean are sufficient to satisfy those needs. In the last few seasons Real World has diverted away from practical issues to alcohol and sex (not that those aren't real issues, but to make it the central theme is pathetic). A show which they should have more episodes of is True Life, I love those documentaries, they should have those on a lot more often.

That said, I did watch Aaron Reid's party and I believe that one wins hands down and should just end this show altogether. Sure he's got the connection so for him its easier, but nonetheless, getting Kanye West & Diddy at your party is enough. No more now!

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    This article posted yesterday on the NYT site has some insight as to how they get the girls on the show. And it does appear that the girls' parents pay for the parties.
    There was also an article on Marissa, the girl who I posted about earlier who got two cars for her birthday. That article also said the girls pay for everything- even the entertainment. I don't think MTV paid for anything. She also did it to promote her singing career- which they were upset about because it never showed her singing. There were a few upset letters in the paper after this was printed. I"ll link it here- but I'm not usually good at links so it may not work.
    http://www.azcentral.com/style/artic...06marissa.html

$180,00 to $200,000 on a birthday party. You can buy a house for that kind of money. Go to a good school get a degree and a master's and have a nice apt and car and just concentrate on studying for that kind of money. That is some people's retirement money and these girls throw it out on party. I guess I won't mind so much if they earned it but they did not their parents did and they treat them (parents) like trash. That movie Trading Places comes to mind. These kids need a reality check. That one girl, looked as if her ex boyfriend wanted to get back with her just to drive the car her dad gave her. That's so shallow.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    $180,00 to $200,000 on a birthday party. You can buy a house for that kind of money.
    Bite your tongue! You wouldn't expect one of these princesses to live in a tiny little house that only cost a paltry $200,000, would you? Oh the terror! There's no way you could have the third glamour bathroom AND a pool with spa for only $200,000!

FORT Fogey
    are you guys serious that MTV doesn't pitch in? Wow, i am sorry but i don';t believe any parents would spend that much. MTV makes money out of the show with the commercials and all that stuffs. So i assumed they give the girls something back.

WOW, $180,00 to $200,000. god, i gave up grad school because i couldn't pay anymore . LIFE IS NOT FAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRR.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by jacobson00 View Post
    are you guys serious that MTV doesn't pitch in? Wow, i am sorry but i don';t believe any parents would spend that much. MTV makes money out of the show with the commercials and all that stuffs. So i assumed they give the girls something back.

WOW, $180,00 to $200,000. god, i gave up grad school because i couldn't pay anymore . LIFE IS NOT FAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRR.
    I didn't read the NYT article that was linked upthread (I'm not registered for that site), but MTV probably pays them a daily fee- like all reality tv contestants get. If they paid for the parties, it wouldn't be the same show as watching spoiled princesses get what they feel they deserve- with daddy's money. They would have girls coming out of the woodwork wanting to have a free sweet 16, who couldn't afford it, and the show would be boring.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Some of the girls have said that mtv didn't pay them. And why should they? their parents are loaded.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell View Post
    There was also an article on Marissa, the girl who I posted about earlier who got two cars for her birthday. That article also said the girls pay for everything- even the entertainment. I don't think MTV paid for anything. She also did it to promote her singing career- which they were upset about because it never showed her singing. There were a few upset letters in the paper after this was printed. I"ll link it here- but I'm not usually good at links so it may not work.
    http://www.azcentral.com/style/artic...06marissa.html
    Was this the one who constantly said "I look so hot" ??

+ Reply to Thread