+ Reply to Thread

Thread: MTV'S 'Road Rules' Over?

MTV'S 'Road Rules' Over?

January 6, 2005 -- MTV's popular reality series "Road Rules" could be heading down the road to cancellation.
    "No decision has been made," about the fate of what would be the show's 14th season, an MTV spokesman said yesterday.

Reality show-centric Web sites, like Reality Blurred, have been buzzing for weeks that the show might be on its way out.

The "Road Rules" mystery comes on the heels of the network picking up an additional five seasons of "The Real World," a show produced by Bunim-Murray productions, the same people behind "Road Rules."

The long-term pickup is a first for MTV, which generally never makes such comprehensive plans so far in advance and guarantees that "The Real World" will be on the air at least through 2008 to mark its 20th season.

As part of the deal, the network also picked up an additional two seasons of "The Real World/Road Rules Challenge" a popular competition between the casts of the two shows.

Even if "Road Rules" gets dropped, "there should be no shortage" of willing candidates from the previous 13 seasons of "Road Rules" willing to appear on the show, said a source close to the production.
    http://nypost.com/entertainment/37855.htm

Well, if there is no more road rules, there going to run out of people for the challenges.. GRR

Aww. I think Road Rules is much more interesting than Real World.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostelized
    Aww. I think Road Rules is much more interesting than Real World.

The casting has definitely been more interesting.

Real World has more drama, but I like how on Road Rules, they have missions, and vote offs, which can be dramatic.

Semester at Sea, the only RR season I've watched, was my first reality tv show. (There were no vote offs back then, and it was actually interesting to see them experience and react to the different cultures, from Vietnam to Cuba.) That was over five years ago; I feel old and reality-weary.

Road Rules is a good show but I'll admit some seasons are much better than others. I hate to see it stop totally at least keep it going for a couple more seasons.

Campus Crawl and Australia (I miss Piggy, piggy, piggy) Really, those first few seasons were great.
    "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." ~Anais Nin

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." ~H. Jackson Brown Jr

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Alphabet Soup
    Well, if there is no more road rules, there going to run out of people for the challenges.. GRR
    no they won't run out of people. They use the same people over and over again anyways.

+ Reply to Thread