+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Rachael Ray's 30-Minute Meals, $40 a Day & Inside Dish

Rachael Ray's 30-Minute Meals, $40 a Day & Inside Dish

Any Rachael Ray fans out there? I adore her! And love the shows. I've tried quite a few of her 30-minute meals, and not only are they delicious and pretty easy to follow, but she's really entertaining to watch. She's so cute and funny, not afraid to look silly, and really seems to enjoy her work. She's all over The Food Network! Quite a successful gal!
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Doing a lap before I commit to a location
    Rumpshaker, yes, I have quite the girlycrush on Rachael Ray! I love how she laughs at her own nerdiness.

I love 30 minute meals (I have the cookbooks) and $40 dollars a day but I never seem to catch Inside Dish.... What do you think of it?

V
    Could does not mean should

I am in love with Rachel Ray! Though I am not a big fan of $40 a day and havn't caught Inside Dish, I love 30 minutes meals.

I am not surprised she now has three shows because her personality is so likeable. She is a dork, but that just makes her all that much better.

I love 30 Minute Meals. I watch it all the time.
    I haven't seen Inside Dish, don't think we get here in Canada.

I love her!! She is just so darn PERKY!!!! but she carries it well. Most of the time I wouldn't like that - but she is terrific.

Love 30 minute meals - and have tried them. I hate to cook,but her stuff is pretty fun.
    I like watching the $40 / day travel thing. She always manages to get a drink in (beer/mixed/whatever) my kinda traveling girl. She give great travel tips.

Haven't really watched the new one.

I do enjoy watching the shows where all the Food Network stars get together. Alton Brown is such a hoot!!!

Woo-hoo! Rachael Ray Fans! She's on my TiVO Season Pass, so my "Now playing" list is packed full of RR.

I loved what you all said about her, because you so perfectly described my feelings for her. I've got a bit of a girly-crush on her, too! She's beautiful, very perky, and yes, she IS quite the dork, with the cutest laugh! I love the way she talks about her "mahm and dehd" and their love of cooking. Her apple stories are adorable. Recently I've heard her speak of her honey, John was it? She's gotta be so crazy-busy with all the traveling and taping she does. I WANT that old-fashioned oven she uses in her 30-MM show! That broiler thingy on top is so cool; very functional and unique.

Her bio is interesting. Here's a copy and the link: http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/rach...702057,00.html

Rachael Ray was born into cooking. "My first vivid memory is watching Mom in a restaurant kitchen. She was flipping something with a spatula. I tried to copy her and ended up grilling my right thumb! I was 3 or 4," says Ray. "Everyone on both sides of my family cooks."

Ray's maternal grandfather grew and cooked everything that his family of 12 needed for sustenance, and her dad's family was steeped in the food-rich traditions of Louisiana. The Ray family was also in the food business, owners of a family restaurant in Cape Cod, Massachusetts. Eventually the family relocated to New York, where her mother went to work as the food supervisor for a chain of upstate restaurants.

Ray's career started at Macy's Marketplace in New York, first at the candy counter and then as the manager of the fresh foods department. After Macy's, Ray helped to open Agata & Valentina, the prestigious New York gourmet marketplace, where she was the store manager and buyer. Though this New York City food fast track was exciting, Ray decided she wanted to return to the lifestyle of the Adirondacks.

Once upstate, Ray managed pubs and restaurants at the famed Sagamore resort on Lake George and was then recruited by Cowan & Lobel, a large gourmet market in Albany, to be its food buyer. Ray turned the job into dual positions as food buyer and chef. As a way to increase grocery sales during the holidays, Ray began a series of cooking classes.

The "30 Minute Meals" classes became so popular that the local media sent a feature reporter to cover the phenomenon, and the following week, an Albany TV station asked Ray to do a weekly "30 Minute Meals" segment for the evening news. Nominated for two regional Emmys, the show was a major success: A companion cookbook sold 10,000 copies locally. Ray's TV work grew to include a series of travel segments following the same theme of living a rich life without having to be wealthy. Today Ray's work continues on Food Network's 30 Minute Meals and $40 a Day programs.

Her successful series of cookbooks, all based on the 30 Minute Meals concept, include Rachael Ray's 30-Minute Meals, The Open House Cookbook, Comfort Foods, and Veggie Meals.

Despite her growing celebrity, Ray is determined to keep to her roots. She still lives in a cabin in the Adirondacks with beloved pit bull Boo, who reportedly "eats the mistakes."
    How cute is that?!!
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

I only watch food shows sporadically, as I'm a former fatty, and I don't need to see any more food than is included in commercials.

But, I must say, I do adore Rachel Ray .
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Quote Originally Posted by MissThing
    .... as I'm a former fatty
    That's cute. It IS hard to watch all that yummy stuff cookin' when you're watching your weight. In fact, I've already eaten a TON of Christmas cookies I've baked in the last week. I've gotta get a cookie jar with a deadbolt lock on it to keep me out of it!

Premium Member
    I agree - that broiler thingy on the old fashioned stove is way cool!! (and one of the best parts of the show, hehe) Of course, since I rarely cook, I would probably never find a use for it, personally, but it sure would be fun showing all my friends whenever someone was over.

When those of you who have tried some of the 30-minute meals, did it take you longer than 30 minutes to prepare? Just curious. I have a feeling they would probably take me at least an hour, and probably even more. (but then, I can burn water, so that's about my skill level)

I have to admit, I was a bit saddened to hear Rachel speak of her honey. Can't say I was surprised, though, she's quite adorable.

Quote Originally Posted by mozzz
    When those of you who have tried some of the 30-minute meals, did it take you longer than 30 minutes to prepare? Just curious. I have a feeling they would probably take me at least an hour, and probably even more. (but then, I can burn water, so that's about my skill level).
    Hi mozzz! I've tried a few different recipes of RR's and the latest one was the beef and rice stuffed bell peppers with lots of Cumin (yummmmm!) and it turned out deeeelicious! But ... took me a bit longer to cook than Ray Ray. My kitchen kind of sucks, though; it's small and not real functional. I TiVo her shows and then if I like a recipe I'll take notes and try to follow them as best I can. It's hard, though, because she doesn't use measuring cups (just like my grandma, so I never learned how to make her delicious pie crust, doggonit!) I can't seem to cut and chop my veggies and such as well as she can, either. I'm such a dork ... I'm so facinated at her method for cutting an onion!

I finally got to watch her Inside Dish with Mekhi Pfeiffer (sp?) and I was a little disappointed. She seemed very nervous, interrupted him constantly, and almost seemed like she was drunk. I think I prefer watching her $40 a Day show and 30-Minute Meals.

Anyone else tried her 30 MM recipes? Did you have a hard time? How long did it take you?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast