+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Rachael Ray's 30-Minute Meals, $40 a Day & Inside Dish

John, you got the santoku knife?? I'm jealous

We've made a sesame chicken with cold noodles recipe from RR's $40 a Day book (not really her recipe, it's from some restaurant she featured) that was simply divine.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Premium Member
    I just bought a Henckel santoku knife with my Christmas gift card.. the guy at the store asked me if I'd been watching Rachael Ray.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    And Phat, stop stalking RR!
    What you call "stalking" I call "being a fan."

Besides, she has a list of behaviors that are actually coded messages to me.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Yep, I got a santoku knife. I can't WAIT to try it. It looks and feels great.

Quote Originally Posted by phat32
    RR may be goofy, but I'll tell you who scares me. Travel Channel. Rick Steves? Walking timebomb.
    Really? You mean, like cursing at the waitstaff scary? Or climbing the belltower scary?
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." ó Will Rogers

I've gotta get me one of those knives! And John, I want that fry pan, too! I've never had one that'll go from the stove top into the oven. How convenient that must be.

Here's that honey roasted peanut chicken recipe if anyone wants to give it a try. I'm going to make it tonight, so I'll let ya know how it comes out. Recipes don't get much easier than this one. I just might omit the hot sauce, though. It doesn't sound very appealing to me.

4 ounces, 2 small packages, honey roasted peanuts, about 2/3 cup
    1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
    1 tablespoon grill seasoning blend (recommended: Montreal Seasoning by McCormick)
    2 eggs
    A splash half-and-half or whole milk
    2 teaspoons hot sauce, several drops
    1/2 cup all-purpose flour
    2 to 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
    4 (6 to 8-ounce) pieces of chicken breast

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Put nuts, bread crumbs and grill seasoning in food processor and pulse grind to combine the nuts into bread crumbs. Pour nutty-breading onto a plate.

Beat eggs and half-and-half or milk with hot sauce in a shallow dish.

Pour flour out on a plastic board or plate.

Preheat a nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add vegetable oil to coat the bottom of the pan with a thin layer, 2 or 3 turns of the pan. Brown chicken pieces 2 minutes on each side in hot oil or until evenly light golden in color. Transfer to a baking sheet and cook in oven until juices run clear and breasts are cooked through, about 10 to 12 minutes.

I really enjoyed this past weekend's $40 a Day shows in Italy, especially the Tuscany one. I would LOVE to vacation there someday. The sampler platter of desserts made my mouth water. The Italian folk seemed so sweet and friendly.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

That sounds amazing Rump! Make sure you tell us how it goes. And I agree, the hot sauce seems kind of random in that recipe.

I just bought my ingredients for the Honey Roasted Peanut chicken today. Going to make it tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by candor
    Really? You mean, like cursing at the waitstaff scary? Or climbing the belltower scary?
    Nah, he's not that bad. But he appears so nebbish and mild-mannered that I expect him to freak out any given day. Rick Steves' Europe is actually a very good money-saving and "off-the-beaten-path" look at Europe.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456