+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Rachael Ray's 30-Minute Meals, $40 a Day & Inside Dish

Candor.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

I watch her show, and have tried two of her recipes, which I really liked. The Israeli spiced relish and a spice rub for chicken. Sometimes, she seems like a woman on the verge of insanity with the laughing that almost seems like a prelude to a total breakdown on T.V. But I do like her.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone
    don't forget all the "layers of flavors we got going on here"
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepysluggo
    - Take local, pretend they're your new best friend in the whole wide world, and let them guide you to a place you already chose to go to in the first place.
    Very, very true. I had forgotten all about "layers of flavors" and "shanghai local into becoming tour guide." (The most nervous local I've ever seen on $40 was the one from Boston/Harvard. Am I supposed to believe that the camera was following around this woman who's "surprised" that RR popped out of nowhere to ask her where she can find a beer?)

RR may be goofy, but I'll tell you who scares me. Travel Channel. Rick Steves? Walking timebomb.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

FORT Newbie
    I LOVE RR! I think she is fabulous - but I am also biased. I am from the same area she worked at - and I get nostalgic in a way when she mentions places she grew up eating at. Like, New Way Lunch hot dogs - called "Dirty John's" by the locals, and they have been making hot dogs in the window since the 20's, and eating at the "Old Moncalm" in Lake George.

When I make her stuff, I find it takes me longer than 30 minutes - closer to 45. But I also don't make all the stuff she does in a meal, and I pair it with other things I want to make.

Thaisa47! When I make a "30 Minute Meal" it's more like 97 minutes, and a kitchen in far, far more disarray (think: crime scene).

And Phat, stop stalking RR!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thaisa47
    I LOVE RR! I think she is fabulous - but I am also biased. I am from the same area she worked at - and I get nostalgic in a way when she mentions places she grew up eating at. Like, New Way Lunch hot dogs - called "Dirty John's" by the locals, and they have been making hot dogs in the window since the 20's, and eating at the "Old Moncalm" in Lake George.

When I make her stuff, I find it takes me longer than 30 minutes - closer to 45. But I also don't make all the stuff she does in a meal, and I pair it with other things I want to make.
    Welcome! Glad you're here.

How cool that you have a connection to RR. If you like to cook come on over to the What's Cookin' thread and join in with us foodies.

I haven't been able to catch too many of her shows, but saw the one yesterday morning for London Broil, Smashed "Caul-lee-flower" and Red Chard. I already had dinner planned, but at the last minute, added the Red Chard to what I was cooking for that night. It was fabulous...eaten with some tri-tip we had grilled was so drool-worthy. The red wine vinegar and honey made the perfect sweet/sour bite.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Rachel Ray is really annoying. But I find myself watching her 30-minute meal show to get ideas, anyway. I just have to tune out that DEEP 'Sconnie accent.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    Rachel Ray is really annoying. But I find myself watching her 30-minute meal show to get ideas, anyway. I just have to tune out that DEEP 'Sconnie accent.
    .... and focus on her cute little behind and pretty smile, eh, John? She's adorable!

I am absolutely in LOVE with my Ray Ray cookbook! Since receiving it at Christmas, I've cooked at least 12 or so different meals, and every one of them have been delicious and fun to make. Now I'm mixing them up a bit and experimenting. If you've got chicken/beef broth, bread crumbs, some type of fancy sharp cheese, EVOO (of course ), wine or sherry, mushrooms, garlic, onions, shallots, you can pretty much make any of her recipes.

Did you guys see her honey nut chicken breast recipe today (Sun.)? Ooooh, man, did it look good! I still crack up when I hear "Yummo!" Love her!
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Yeah, I saw the honey nut chicken breast recipe. That looked good. So good, in fact, that I went out today and bought a nice stainless steel pan similar to what she used. Oh, and a Henckel knife like hers, too

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast