+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Rachael Ray's 30-Minute Meals, $40 a Day & Inside Dish

Quote Originally Posted by candor
    Rachael Ray is a perky man stealer! Every guy I know thinks she's cute as a bug and my boyfriend wants to use his free pass on her.
    lol, i have thought about it

you all are right on with your descriptions of her, the first time i seen her i was like this chick is goofy but adorable, not to mention she's the thickness i like and can cook

got to watch her Inside Dish with Mekhi Pfeiffer (sp?) and I was a little disappointed. She seemed very nervous, interrupted him constantly, and almost seemed like she was drunk.
    I will tell you that before i seen this show (episode) and knew Mekhi would be on, i knew she would act exactly the way she was acting... She really liked him and was just acting starstruck and nervous like a schoolgirl. If her so called 'honey' seen this episode he was probably sizing himself up... I bet Mr. Phfifer got with that, i would have

I'm all about RR like a dictionary is all about words. And, yes, I've seen the FHM layout. Wow.

I take $40 a Day in small doses but enjoy the hell out of it. Part travelogue and part foodie show--what's not to like?
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

My dad thinks she's cute too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumpshaker
    Off topic: Sleepysluggo LOVE your latest AV .... *sigh* ... oh to be Mrs. Noth ...
    Thanks.

Premium Member
    She looks fabulous. The shows make it look like she's always eating but no way can a girl eat like that and look that good with her belly showing.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone
    She looks fabulous. The shows make it look like she's always eating but no way can a girl eat like that and look that good with her belly showing.
    I've thought the same thing, but maybe she's one of those damn people who has the sort of metabolism where she can sit down and eat a whole bucket of extra crispy and burn it off walking to the car.

By the way, her eating habits are the same time and time and time again on $40:

1. Pick up fork or spoon and look at camera. Say something about how much she loves the locals, the town or the food in the town.

2. Take big bite of food that spills partway out of her mouth.

3. No matter how good/bad food is, roll eyes and moan like she's just had a mind-blowing sexual encounter.

4. Talk with mouth full about how this is the best...food...evah!

5. Take another bite of food, turn to local, and say hello. Get ignored.

6. Repeat for next town, next meal.

And again, I'm in love with RR, but I take $40 in small doses.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by phat32
    I've thought the same thing, but maybe she's one of those damn people who has the sort of metabolism where she can sit down and eat a whole bucket of extra crispy and burn it off walking to the car.
    I thought maybe it was the editing and she doesn't really eat anything. I just saw her in a commercial for the show and she doesn't look nearly as thin as she does in that pic. I want that photographer to take a picture of me.

By the way, her eating habits are the same time and time and time again on $40:

1. Pick up fork or spoon and look at camera. Say something about how much she loves the locals, the town or the food in the town.

2. Take big bite of food that spills partway out of her mouth.

3. No matter how good/bad food is, roll eyes and moan like she's just had a mind-blowing sexual encounter.

4. Talk with mouth full about how this is the best...food...evah!

5. Take another bite of food, turn to local, and say hello. Get ignored.

6. Repeat for next town, next meal.

And again, I'm in love with RR, but I take $40 in small doses.
    In #4. don't forget all the "layers of flavors we got going on here"

phat! That list is so true! Here's one to add:

- Take local, pretend they're your new best friend in the whole wide world, and let them guide you to a place you already chose to go to in the first place.

Awe, I like $40-A-Day. I felt like a dork when I was in Seattle and had to go to Cafe Ladro to have the latte she did. I forgot what it was called and asked for the one with the orange zest. I guess I wouldn't have looked like such the dork if I didn't mention that I saw it on her show. The dude said he has had a few people mention that. But for real, that drink was soooooo good!!

I love to watch 30MM but have never tried to make any of them.

I like Inside Dish. They had a mini marathon on Friday so I got to see the ones I missed. I didn't understand the Mikah Phifer one cause the dude said he didn't cook. She did seem to have a little crush on him. And she is always drinking so yeah...

I guess it's kinda like a mini talk show. Maybe that's what is next for her. It was funny on the Raven Simon one how she was all, oh it's like a creamy Italian. Raven thought she invented something new. Haha.

The Jill Hennesy one, poor Jill's husband was talking too much.

But yeah, love her!! I like how she laughs at herself too.

A little EVOO, haha

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by VanJagSol
    A little EVOO, haha
    That drives me nuts because she always follows that with "Extra Virgin Olive Oil" as though we don't get the EVOO thing.. don't get me wrong, I love the show.. it's a piddly little thing and in a way it's actually kind of cute, but it still drives me nuts

... and asked for the one with the orange zest ... that drink was soooooo good!!
    Lucky dog, you!!! I know exactly which drink you're talking about, and boy did it look yummy!

The marathon on Friday was great! I hadn't seen a couple of them. I adore Cheech Marin, and he was very fatherly to RR. So sweet. And so was Dennis Franz. I love seeing their homes and kitchens, and hearing what their homelife is like, and what favorite recipes they create. Rachael needs to work a bit on her interviewing skills, though. She interrupts a LOT. Other than that, I adore ALL her shows.

So far I've tried, from her 30MM, Chicken Orzo, stuffed bell peppers, swedish meatballs (mmmm-mmm!) and beef burgundy (). I can't quite cook them as quickly as she does, though. Plus, my kitchen is really small and awkward, so I'm constantly falling over myself in there. I love the layout of her TV kitchen. Do you guys notice her labels on everything? Too cute!

A little EVOO, haha
    Hee! I am now forced to say that every stinkin' time I pull out the EVOO from the pantry to "pour a few turns around the pan".

Oh, and Phat, your outline of RR's $40 DD was hysterical and right on the mark! She's kind of a bad tipper, though, huh? I always wince a bit when I see the check and see that she's only left 10-15%, sometimes seemingly less. But she's so damned cute, I personally wouldn't care.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast