+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Rachael Ray's 30-Minute Meals, $40 a Day & Inside Dish

I've got her last book $40 a Day only cos the recipes are not hers, but the various chefs from the restaurants she's featured She's a bit too simplistic for me.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Rump, did you ever try her website for her recipes instead of jotting them down? I think she has measurements there as well. I don't know if she covers all of her recipes though on the website.

I'm glad to see some Rachael Ray fans here. I really love her personality and she got totally trashed in the old Food Network thread we used to have around here.

I've only just recently discovered the joy of cooking, as it were. I have always been a foodie, but am so NOT a natural cook (I'm one of those people about whom my friends used to say: "The best thing she makes are reservations."), so I appreciate the fact that on 30MM we actually get to see her process (prep, chop, etc.) because I don't know jack crack about cooking techniques. I actually have made her recipes, and they've all come out really well.

Yes, AIWANNABE, all her recipes (as are the recipes for all the food you see on the Food Network) are available here: http://www.foodnetwork.com/. I don't own any of her books, because I can always get the recipe for anything I want for the low, low price of FREE on the Food TV website.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Okay... I'll be the first to say that while she gets on my last nerve (if you've read the Food Network thread you know exactly what I'm talking about), I do enjoy 30MM and have made a few recipes. I made her French onion soup and it took longer than 30 minutes, but it turned out good. I made her "antipasticks"- cherry tomatoes, mozzarella cheese and basil on a skewer- this past weekend for a get-together and they were a huge hit.

Premium Member
    My favorite thing I've learned from her is the "garbage bowl". It's amazing how much of a difference it makes not only in saving time but making clean-up so much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone
    My favorite thing I've learned from her is the "garbage bowl". It's amazing how much of a difference it makes not only in saving time but making clean-up so much easier.
    Hahaha! My husband used to get so annoyed with me when I'd be cooking and pile the sink with trash because I didn't want to touch the garbage can. I'd wait until I was at a good stopping point, then dump it, then scrub my hands. But eventually it'd get piled up again. For some silly reason, it drove him nuts! The garbage bowl idea from Rachael is awesome and I've started using it myself!

Off topic: Sleepysluggo LOVE your latest AV .... *sigh* ... oh to be Mrs. Noth ...

Back to topic I got Rachael Ray's Comfort Foods cookbook for Christmas! Yay!

Oh, and AI and Snow, thanks so much for the tip about recipes at Food Network! It's so cool! You can print them up in recipe card format, different sizes and all. Very great idea! Thanks!
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Rachael Ray is a perky man stealer! Every guy I know thinks she's cute as a bug and my boyfriend wants to use his free pass on her.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Premium Member

There's just something about her... And yeah, come to think of it, I'd probably use up my free pass for her, too.

Heck, I'D use my free pass on her!

Have you guys seen Rachael's hot FHM Magazine photos?! She's just beautiful! A couple of the pics really surprised me and I thought they were fake, but they're definitely real.

I just made my grocery list after pouring through my new RR cookbook, and I think I'm going to try her Chicken and Orzo recipe tonight. Yummo!! (tm RR)

Edited to add .... This is my favorite pic. She's so cute! (I'll just put the link to the image, just in case it's not PG-13 enough for the FORT.) CLICK HERE!!!
    Last edited by Rumpshaker; 12-28-2004 at 04:35 PM.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Rumpie....

I haven't seen the $40 a day show yet, but yesterday caught a few of the 'Inside Dish' shows......SHE IS ADORABLE! She is bright, bubbly AND can cook....WOW!

Have any of you seen a show on TLC that was called, "A Dating Story"? The host was Sabrina Soto......Rachel reminds me of her. I always thought Sabrina was adorable, too.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast