+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's Your Daddy?

ITA, this is so ridiculous that it's just beyond word. What the heck is going on here?? Reality tv was always a lil worse than regular scripted shows, but man this is just 100 feet and a pile of crud below that.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

December 15, 2004 --

FOX is turning a grown adopted child's search for her father into a reality/game show called "Who's Your Daddy."

On the Jan. 3, 90-minute special, the woman will face eight men — one is her father, and the fakes' goal is to trick her into thinking they are.

If, after three elimination rounds, she picks out her real father, she wins $100,000. If she picks the wrong one, the fake daddy gets the big-bucks prize. — Post TV Staff
    http://nypost.com/entertainment/32744.htm

Okay, this just gets worse and worse. Why in the world would the girl and her biological father agree to appear on the show?

That's what this is all about, money?!! Ewww, that just makes it ten times more repulsive!

I might just boycott this one on principle alone.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

I was really hoping that this was a joke when I saw the promo. How sickening that it's real. What kind of person goes on a show like this and makes a mockery of finding their birth parent/child? What kind of a person goes on a show like this and pretends that they are the birth parent? Sickos!
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." – B. Russell

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by roseskid
    Thanks for the levity. My daughter (who we adopted) and I saw a promo for this last night, and we both were about the premise.

Hi Rose, I see you couldn't resist this one either

This is one show I'm going to take a pass on for sure :rolleyes

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerfley
    I was really hoping that this was a joke when I saw the promo. How sickening that it's real. What kind of person goes on a show like this and makes a mockery of finding their birth parent/child? What kind of a person goes on a show like this and pretends that they are the birth parent? Sickos!
    The picture under your name is beautiful........... love it and am jealous that I don't know how to put a picture on under my name - had a nice person share her CUBS avatar but I didn't have any luck making it work

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    Wait, I'm confused and can't find much information on this show--are these all men this woman's mother has slept with?
    I was in the doctors office a while ago and they showed Maury. There was a lady on the show who had 8 men tested for paternity of her child and each of them turned out not to be the father. I mean, you can pretty much pinpoint the time of conception to within a few days, so either she is reallt bad at math or slepts with 9 men in 3 days . I'm sure they can find these people somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    TACKY!

Premieres January 3rd.
    I love the way you put it.

I'll skip this one :phhht

+ Reply to Thread