+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Extreme Home Makeover: The Broadbent family

Extreme Home Makeover: The Broadbent family

Am I eve going to get through this show without blubbering like a baby? Last night we were introduced to the Broadbent family. Patricia Broadbent is a woman who adopted 3 girls living with AIDS. After she adopted the 3rd girl, it was discovered that she has cancer. I can't remember what kind. The Extreme team makes their way to the Broadbent home in Vegas. After seeing the house, the family is on their way to Jamaica. The house is torn down and the design begins. Ty brings Michael to the colleseum to see "a man about a piano". This man turns out to be Elton John. Sorry, Sir Elton John. He reveals to the family via video that the piano he's sitting at will be in their new home when they return.
    7 days later, the new house is finished and there, in the living room is the piano autographed by Elton John. They have a hyper-hepa filter so there will be no unclean air going through that house. Each bedroom closet has a little refrigerator for their medicines. The whole thing is gorgeous.
    Very moving as usual.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl
    Am I eve going to get through this show without blubbering like a baby? Last night we were introduced to the Broadbent family. Patricia Broadbent is a woman who adopted 3 girls living with AIDS. After she adopted the 3rd girl, it was discovered that she has cancer. I can't remember what kind. The Extreme team makes their way to the Broadbent home in Vegas. After seeing the house, the family is on their way to Jamaica. The house is torn down and the design begins. Ty brings Michael to the colleseum to see "a man about a piano". This man turns out to be Elton John. Sorry, Sir Elton John. He reveals to the family via video that the piano he's sitting at will be in their new home when they return.
    7 days later, the new house is finished and there, in the living room is the piano autographed by Elton John. They have a hyper-hepa filter so there will be no unclean air going through that house. Each bedroom closet has a little refrigerator for their medicines. The whole thing is gorgeous.
    Very moving as usual.
    They didn't say what type of cancer she has. I was crying with the crew when they were watching the tape on the bus
    Reality leaves a lot to the imagination. ~John Lennon

Write for HubPages.

I have missed the past two weeks of EMHM. I was gone this past weekend and the weekend before, I had no idea it was coming on at an earlier time due to that TV movie. I hate it when I miss these shows, even if I do cry all the time when I'm watching them. Thanks for the update, niles.

+ Reply to Thread