December 1, 2004 -- MORGAN Spurlock, the creator and star of "Super Size Me," has a new reality series, called "30 Days," set to debut on FX next summer.
On the documentary-style show, people will be filmed for a month while living in social or economic situations different from their own lives.

"Each week we'll deal with a different social issue," Spurlock told The Post yesterday.

In the pilot, which deals with religion in America, a pro-war, Christian insurance salesman from West Virginia goes to live as a Muslim with a family in Dearborn, Mich., home of the nation's largest Islamic community.

"In that episode we ask the question, 'What is it like to be a Muslim in America?' " Spurlock says. "What's it like to be seen as a 'threat to our freedom' every day simply because of their race or the color of their skin? The transformation this guy goes through is remarkable."

Other episodes might tackle being homeless, abortion clinics or living on a Native American reservation, he says.

"We want to deal with serious social situations in America, but in a way that's still entertaining, funny and isn't preachy," Spurlock says. " 'Super Size Me' did a great job of doing that and dealt with what I think is a big problem in America without turning people off."

Spurlock, who came up with the idea for the show, will host and narrate the series.

The filmmaker nearly destroyed several of his vital organs last year when he spent a month eating nothing but meals from McDonald's just to prove that the fast-food chain's products were dangerous. The entire experiment was turned into his critically acclaimed film "Super Size Me."

The film is largely believed to have pushed McDonald's to add healthier items to its menu and drop the super-size option. The fast food chain has denied that the movie had any influence over its business.
http://nypost.com/entertainment/20953.htm