+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Love Is In The Heir

Love Is In The Heir

November 27, 2004 -- "Love Is In The Heir"
    Tomorrow at 10 p.m. on E!

JUST when you thought there was no room left for yet an other reality show, here comes yet another reality show.

This one, "Love Is In The Heir," is about an Iranian princess who has tragically exiled herself on our shores in the hopes of becoming, yes, a country-western singing sensation.

Soon there will be nobody left at home to watch reality shows because every last boring, relentless self-promoter in the world will be on TV while the rest of us will be throwing ourselves off buildings.

Anyway, in this one, Princess Ann Claire, supposedly a sheltered princess who grew up in England surrounded by her family, is looking for love and a career.

Princess Ann Claire is like Steve Martin in "The Jerk," where he was the white guy who grew up as a poor black kid in Mississippi; in this thing, Prince Ann Claire is an English woman with an American accent who comes from a family of Iranians with English accents.

No wonder they deposed the Shah what a bunch of deadbeats. She's also, come to think of it, the only one in her family who looks like Tori Spelling.

Anyway, Princess Ann Claire, 31, lives in L.A. and is trying to make it big as a country star. Mind-boggling when you hear her sing and realize that A) she was born without any talent whatsoever, but B) luckily she was also born without the gene for shame.

Not only can't she sing songs, she can't write 'em either. Together it's a lethal combination.

Into this "reality" come her parents, who besides sounding totally scripted (they swear they weren't) conveniently decide during filming that Princess Ann Claire must find an appropriate young man and get a recording contract before what they call "the charity gala" or they are cutting her off financially.

This scenario is about as real as Joycelyn Wildenstein's face.

In the premiere, the princess abuses her personal assistant, Michael, who sings her awake and rubs her feet, while she whines to him, or her mother or whoever will listen, "I can't let my dreams be taken away from me before I've really had the chance to make them happen!"

No wonder she stinks at writing country songs even country songs aren't this corny!

E! calls this series a hybrid of comedy and reality which means, they say, that Princess Ann Claire's reality is funny. Really? Who knew? Enough.

If any of this were my reality, I'd be seriously upset every morning to find out that I hadn't died in my sleep.
    http://www.nypost.com/entertainment/32214.htm

FORT Newbie

The writer of that article shares my suspicions about this show. It seems like this girl got an idea that she was going to be the next Paris Hilton. She hired a camera man, prepared this storyline where she is trying to become a Country Western Singer, and gets her parents to read this script where they give her an ultimatum. After she filmed the show she hired a production company to edit the footage and sell it to a network. But the only 'network' that would touch the show is 'E". The 'assistant' is probably just pretending to be gay, and is really her boyfriend. The 'cigarette smoking, alchoholic, personal trainer, boyfriend' was probably an actor, and will not be seen again till maybe episode 5.

Yes, she seems likes she's acting all the time... and badly. You can see her trying not to laugh all the time when she's supposed to be having a fight. Total stinker.
    Cycle 1: Elyse, Adrianne
    Cycle 2: Mercedes, Shandi
    Cycle 3: Nicole, Norelle
    Cycle 4: Kahlen, Naima

I caught this show about halfway through the episode, and I couldn't believe my eyes and ears. It is without a doubt the most ridiculous premise.....well actually Anna Nicole was pretty bad, too. Maybe Princess and Anna should share a house with some other spoiled brats and be an all female Brat Pack/Golden Girl style.

At the end, when the sobbing Princess threw herself down on the leaf-covered grass, I burst into uncontrollable laughter.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

All I gotta say is: she's one damn ugly "princess." I mean, I look more like a princess.
    I have learned that gifts don't always come wrapped and treasures aren't always buried.
    - Bob Perks

worst

she's so horrible -- will never waste my time again.

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    Its an irritating show..and so is "Princess Ann Claire" and she is NOT 31...her old wrinkly face...lol who she foolin'
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

I had no idea that it was suppose to be "reality" either. I thought it was a spoof making fun of Paris Hilton in a back handed way...

I've tried, I really have....and I watch pretty much EVERYTHING even remotely reality on tv, but I just can't do this show! 1 episode I figured, hey, maybe it's just this one and next one will get better, 2 episodes and nope! No more wasting my already wasted time with this one! More power to those who can take it, cause I just can't anymore.

I agree with it all.
    The real hoot is I watched it with the mentally challenged young lady who I work for, and she stared and stared and said "This can't be real, can it?"
    She was appalled.
    "THAT is a Princess? A REAL Princess? That is sad."
    TRUTH, BOREDOM, HUMOR
    "It is always the best policy to speak the truth, unless, of course, you are an exceptionally good liar."
    -Jerome K. Jerome

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast