+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Love Is In The Heir

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    My favorite scene is when Michael thinks her sister's name is Madonna and makes a huge banner saying Welcome Madonna.!!!
    And her sister says actually my name is Mandana and is pissed that she is mistaken for the Material Girl...lol

ANd when Michael tells the sister "Uhmmm this is a other kind of Vueve Cliquot...this one is sweeter" The sister says something in Farsi to Ann- Clare and rolls her eyes...Michael was absolutely hilarious trying to cover up that it was probably some old drugstore Champagne.

This show is so scripted...lol but its growing on me...lol
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

FORT Newbie

I love this show!

This show is hilarious and I love that Ann Claire has no inhibitions of being herself no matter how much people criticize her!
    Keep up the entertainment!

FORT Newbie

I love this show!! I love Ann Claire and her assistant

Yowsah - her assistant is so cute!!!! I guess he is gay... no doubt.. because of the comment that she needed him to come with her to look at the butt of her date. I could watch this show 24 hours a day because it makes me smile so much. I think there is some truth to the premise... I have to hope there is.. I think Ann Claire may indeed want to do something creative and in the arts... she better be serious about wanting to be a country music singer songwriter or the industry is going to hate her if she is spoofing them!! So I would be very careful if I were her.. Let's hope this isn't a fake for that purpose alone. She can't sing at all.. But her lyrics are very clever and unique. Mike is a riot.. when he gets into play acting with her. I hope something good happens to him from this.. he becomes famous and gets his own sitcom for example. The speeddating clip was a riot and so true... all of those men... oh my god... how true is that in life... where do these people come from? The men had no personality and no pizzazz at all.. so true.. except for pooper scooper and he was simply alienating... give me a break... Richie is so flat and boring, he is gross... but he seems to adore Anne Claire. I don't think she is naturally pretty... but her spirit and fun personality makes her so intriguing. She has a good heart. The show is so damn funny and clever!!!! I LOVE IT!!! BIG BIG FAN HERE.. I hope it goes on and on and on and on and on and one. Does anyone miss Anna Nicole? I started to dislike Anna Nicole when she started treating Kimmy bad and I wonder what happened to Kimmy. Bye everyone.. Thanks for listenting. I love LOVE IS IN THE HEIR!!

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohpeace
    she better be serious about wanting to be a country music singer songwriter or the industry is going to hate her if she is spoofing them!! So I would be very careful if I were her..
    To be quite honest, I think the Country music industry is more afraid of ME becoming a successful country singer. Ann Claire can't sing a lick! If it's 'spoofing' that she's doing on the industry...they aren't worried.

to the sight!
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by Becki
    I have a question for those of you from Iranian descent. Why would her "royal" parents let her choose her own husband?? I had a friend from Egypt who would look through a "book" of guys and let her family know who she was interested in and her family would arrange a meeting. So, it's not totally arranged, but the parents have the last say in wether or not she marries a certain person. I thought this was pretty customary in most Middle Eastern countries. I realize that since Anne-Claire is royal, she probably wouldn't look through a "book", but her parents would probably arrange some men (who are acceptable) for her to meet, don't you think??

Well, I'm not of Iranian descent but I'm from Pakistan (which borders Iran ) so I guess we can sum it up like this: because a family is Muslim does not mean that they are necessarily religious and follow traditions. A modern family, especially one who is filthy rich and therefore money has transformed them into more modernized people who stray from their culture more so than the average Iranian family, will be more accepting of something that is not the norm for their culture. A lot of people get the misconception that because a family is Middle-Eastern/Muslim they definitely follow tradition and religious teachings. I'm married to an American myself.

I have a feeling that the mother of Ann Clair is not Iranian though. But who knows.
    I have learned that gifts don't always come wrapped and treasures aren't always buried.
    - Bob Perks

so did anyone like her 'world premier video' that would make her career

how about tonites live performance?

i'd like to see more of her gay assistants fight, had me rollin

All the suspicions are correct!

I had to come out of lurkdom when I found this!

In an article posted on the Steppinoutmagazine site, an interview with Ann Claire confirms it is all an act, meant to be a comedy, only based on parts of her life, talks about her acting and singing background. I can't post a link since I am new, but if you go to the web site, the link is right there. Can someone else please post it?

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Article

Chaunce Hayden: Do I call you Ann Claire or Princess Ann Claire?

Princess Ann Claire: (Laughs) You can just call me Ann Claire!

Your reality show, "Love Is in the Heir," about love, money, and country music has been airing for several weeks. What would you say to the TV critics who are screaming to stop the reality TV madness?

I don't really consider my show a reality show. Yes, it's based on elements of my real life, but it's a comedy. We work very hard to make scenes very entertaining for the public and we do improv and sketch comedy. We take those elements and try to make the show something that is very entertaining. So I don't think you could really put us in a reality TV category.

So are you really a princess and do you really want to be a country singer?

I am a princess and I am a singer and songwriter. My parents are really very upset about what I've been doing and they are really threatening to cut me off. So these things are real. However, a lot of the things you're seeing, such as dates I go on, are things we come up with as a group to create a more interesting story out of what is already there.

Sounds like manipulated comedy to me.

I seriously would call it a comedy show based on reality.

Why do you want to be a country music star?

I actually grew up listening to country music in Tehran. I was born there, and for the first six years of my life the only music I listened to was country music. My father was a huge country music fan and had a large record collection. He would play me the music of a lot of people that he loved like Glenn Campbell, Dolly Parton, Kenny Rogers, and others. It was so much a part of my upbringing and who I was as a person.

Then you ran away from your privileged life as a princess to follow your dream of fame and fortune in Hollywood.

It's actually kind of an interesting story. I did run away from home to come to Hollywood and try to be an actress. I was an actress; I just wasn't terribly successful. I had a whole series of failed relationships along the way. It was total drama. I know a lot of people go through it, but I think mine was a little worse because I had family that was constantly threatening to cut me off, and sometimes they actually would cut me off! They just kept giving me a lot of guilt. But what it comes down to is that at the end of the day, I reached a point where I was so depressed and so lost and unhappy. I started writing on a yellow legal notepad to deal with it. Then one day a friend of mine who's a wonderful country roots guitarist came over and saw my notes and said, "That's a country song! In fact, it's actually a very good country song." So since then, the only place I've had left to go is country music. It was so deep within me. It was just a natural progression of my creativity and my art.

Do you read on the Internet message boards what people think of you and the show?

No.

Well, would it surprise you if I told you it's not very complimentary?

I'm just too busy developing myself as an artist and a person. I don't have a lot of room for what other people's opinions are of my work. I'm more interested in what professional people think and what my friends and family think. But I think there are a lot of people in the Internet community who are very predisposed to anything they would consider reality TV. Plus, I don't think they like princesses or people born into things. Their mission in life is to rip me apart, and I'm sure they're doing a very good job of it.

It's not all bad.

I just think those message boards are mean to all of the shows.

You come from royalty, but are you really as spoiled as it often appears?

I'm getting less and less spoiled every day!

Would it be fair to say that your parents pay for everything?

My parents have been very, very good to me. There have been times when they have been less good to me. But in general, they've been very good.

So you really don't have to work, do you?

No, not really.

But isn't country music for people who work hard and deal with life's daily grind?

I know those kinds of things are very important in life, and I know that country music is music that is written for and by people who are deeply concerned for their families and holding down a job and being a part of their community. But I also have made a very big effort to become a part of my community. I've done a lot of charity work and I've done a lot with animal rescues.

Still, you're a princess from Tehran. Do you think the country music community would be open-minded when it comes to listening to your songs? After all, when was the last time you had to bale hay?

Country music isn't about baling hay; it's about facing reality. It's about knowing that you yourself are a part of a story that is much greater than you. Sometimes life can be very difficult and it's difficult for all of us, whether we're rich or poor. Life is full of both emotional and spiritual challenges. It's all about how we deal with those challenges.

Care to share some of your difficult life experiences?

I've had terrible difficulties! I lost my country in a revolution. That's number one. I've seen my family and the people from my country suffer because of that. I was put into a boarding school in a foreign country where I didn't know anyone. I was absolutely alienated. I've suffered periods of great ill health in my life. I had a fiancée that didn't work out and I have two dogs and one of them is dying of kidney failure. I may have great privileges, but I suffer though the same heartbreak and difficulty and pain as everybody else.

I'm very surprised that you don't have an accent. You speak English very well for a princess from Tehran.

(Laughs) It comes and goes! I did train as an actress so I think they beat it out of me!

That could be a song right there.

Yeah, I'll call it, "They Beat It Out of Me."

How do you think you would do on "American Idol"?

I think I would need a great deal more training before I stood in front of someone like Simon Cowell. Besides, it's not something I would ever do, actually. I'm not trying to become an American idol. I'm really not. I'm just trying to write country music and get better at it. I'm not saying I'm the most amazing singer or songwriter, but I do think I have some talent. I just need to develop it and work very hard on it.

From what I've seen, you're pretty hard on Michael, your assistant. Do you really make him sing you songs while he rubs your feet?

No, he's wonderful! He's one of my best friends we get along great!

In the end, what do you hope your show will accomplish?

I'm just going to go to Nashville and pursue my music and see what happens.

What about your home country? There's talk in the news that Iran will be President Bush's next target. How do you feel about that?

I'm a singer and songwriter. I'm not a politician. I'm actually not involved in any type of politics. My only hope is for a democratic Iran and a peaceful Middle East. However that can be accomplished best, I'll leave it up to the people who have spent a lifetime in diplomacy and politics. I'm sure they can figure it out.

Do you have any celebrity friends?

I've always had friends who were from Hollywood. But I'm not interested in hobnobbing with people unless they have something very important to contribute to my life either as a person or an artist.

What are your thoughts on someone like Paris Hilton, who like yourself has her own TV show and a singing career? I guess you could call her America's version of a princess.

Paris is a very sweet girl. But we're very different people. I'm a little bit older than her and I've had a very different life. Different culture, different upbringing, different values. Plus, I'm a Christian. I don't go out. I'm very private in that sense. I wouldn't compare myself to her. I don't have anything bad to say about her.

Who has more money?

I'm sure she does! (Laughs)

Would you date a landscaper?

Well, that's tough to say. At this point I'm a little bit turned off to men in general.

Why is that?

I don't know. I just want to focus all my energies on myself as an artist and as a person. I just don't feel right now like going out and looking for a man. But it would be great if I found my soulmate. I have a feeling that my soulmate is a person who is quite accomplished in whatever field he's in and has traveled quite a bit. He would have to have the same values as me.

But would it be okay if he didn't have money?

I don't know. That's an interesting question. I wouldn't say no. But I wouldn't say that I'm necessarily looking for somebody who's poor. All the boyfriends who I've loved up until now have been poor! And there's always been a great resentment toward me from them. So it would really depend on the individual and whether or not that person is a strong, passionate, good, and ethical human being.

Judging by the women that I've asked, a million dollars seems to be the universal amount required to do a nude layout in Playboy. Would a million dollars be enough for you as well?

No. I wouldn't do it. I don't judge people who do that kind of thing. I think everyone has to deal with things in their own way. But for me I don't want my body to be what sells me to the world. I don't want my body to be my calling card.

What exactly is your calling card?

My soul and my talent. That's what I want people to look at me for. I wouldn't want people who I respect to see me looking like that.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234