+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Michael Jacksons Nose... uhh do we REALLY need a closer look?

Michael Jacksons Nose... uhh do we REALLY need a closer look?

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - NBC News is ready to give singer Michael Jackson his prime-time close-up, novel nose and all, but the self-proclaimed King of Pop is not happy about it.

A special edition of NBC's news magazine "Dateline" next month will focus on Jackson's face and how the reclusive singer's appearance has dramatically changed over the years along with the highs and lows of his career, network executives said on Friday.

Jackson's publicist in Los Angeles expressed outrage at the concept.

"I think it's horrible that NBC is planning on doing a special on Michael Jackson's face, and the network should focus on more important issues in the world," she said.

Promotional material released on Friday for NBC's winter showcase of upcoming programs described the "Dateline" special, titled "Michael Jackson Unmasked," as the "inside story" of the performer "as told by some of the people who knew him best."

But comments from network executives made it clear the "Dateline" segment, slated to air during ratings "sweeps" on Feb. 17, would spotlight the Gloved One's looks.

In his opening remarks to TV critics gathered for the event, NBC Entertainment President Jeff Zucker described it as a special edition on "Michael Jackson's face."

"I just hope the folks at Sony Music don't complain," Zucker joked in a reference to Jackson's label, where ex-NBC President Andrew Lack assumed his new post as CEO last week.

An NBC News publicist later told Reuters the "Dateline" special would trace "the rise and fall of Michael Jackson using the transformation of his looks as a metaphor for his career." She said the segment would include an interview with a plastic surgeon who treated Jackson.

The performer ignited worldwide speculation about his face when he was photographed and shown on television during a rare courtroom appearance in November that that left many with the impression he had undergone one nose-job too many.

Close-up footage of the singer showed an eyeliner-and-lipstick-wearing Jackson with a stubbly goatee, a clear, bandage-type plaster on his scarred nose and a wild mane of black, silky hair.

A number of plastic surgeons said it appeared the singer's nose had collapsed from too many surgeries and that he seemed to have shrunken skin. Some have suggested that Jackson may suffer from a rare psychiatric condition, called body dysmorphic disorder, which renders patients dissatisfied with surgical results regardless of any objective improvement in their appearance.

The guy turned himself into pinnochio nuff said, I really dont need to see under the bandage *gag*... and what's up with Allysa Milano lately? is she visiting the same Doc?

Dustbunny

Wow... and people complain about Joe Millionaire...
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Ewwwww! We all pretty much have seen his freakish transformation throughout the years. I, for one, have no desire to watch such a disturbing "special".

Yuck, altough if they do a morph type thing were he goes from normal looking kid to scarey weirdo in 60 seconds or less, that may be fun.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Re: Michael Jacksons Nose... uhh do we REALLY need a closer look?

Originally posted by Dustbunny
    LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - NBC News is ready to give singer Michael Jackson his prime-time close-up, novel nose and all, but the self-proclaimed King of Pop is not happy about it.

Jackson's publicist in Los Angeles expressed outrage at the concept.

"I think it's horrible that NBC is planning on doing a special on Michael Jackson's face, and the network should focus on more important issues in the world," she said.

But if they wanted to do a program to praise MJ, then I'm sure his publicist wouldn't complain that they "should focus on more important issues in the world"

With that said, I do not plan to watch this. I've seen enough of his creepy mug to last a lifetime.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

I'll definitely be watching (as long as I remember it's on )

I can hardly beleive what he's done to himself over the years, so I won't be able to resist this show.
    "That's Numberwang!"

2ndToeLongist
    Am I the only person who touches their own nose every single time Michael is on television?

I suppose I'm subconsciously making sure it's still intact, hasn't morphed into God knows what.

Nose? What nose? MJ doesn't have a nose. He's got something sitting on the middle of his face, but it sure ain't a nose

I wonder why he wants to look like a girl?

tee hee hee!

I wanted to share something someone sent me a few years ago. I had to go to google.com to look for it again. It's a movie of Michael Jackson 'morphing.' It cycles what he looked like from a kid to now.

It takes a while to download, so be patient. It downloaded faster in MIE than Netscape for me.

Here is the URL
    http://www.doneanddusted.co.uk/nick/Movie2.html

While looking for that, I found this article--
    http://www.matthewtoledo.com/rants/2...aeljackson.php
    One statement I found very amusing was~
    I don't think he is capable of doing a song without a "tee-hee" or crotch grabbing "whoooooo!"

2 hour special ABC... british journalist had exclusive access to Jackson for 8 months and has a very revealing report and interview which will be aired on 20/20 tonight.

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/GMA/G...ry_bashir.html

Dustbunny

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast