+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Joe Piscopo to Host 'New Jersey Idol'

Joe Piscopo to Host 'New Jersey Idol'

Joe Piscopo to Host 'New Jersey Idol'
    Sat Jan 18, 7:35 AM ET

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. - The New Jersey Nets are trying their own version of the popular "American Idol" reality TV show, with comedian Joe Piscopo as host.

The grand-prize winner on "New Jersey Idol" will receive the use of a recording studio's time and facilities to record a demo cassette or CD; a session valued at $5,000.

"We might be able to find the next Springsteen, the next Lauren Hill, the next Queen Latifah," said Piscopo, who appeared on NBC's "Saturday Night Live" in the 1980s.

Contest hopefuls, ages 18 to 34, will be asked to submit a vocal rendition of a song recorded a cappella.

The judges will pick four singers to perform at the halftime of eight Nets games, starting Jan. 29. Those games will serve as first-round elimination contests. Winners will be determined by the fans' applause.

Each first-round winner will move on to the semifinals, with the finals scheduled for halftime of the April 4 game.
    I don't know whether to be scared or laugh. I think scared.

He's still alive?
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

18-34... darn I STILL miss it.
    I was born either way to early or way to late for everything!

Piscopo...you from Jersey?
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

+ Reply to Thread