+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mike Tyson and reality TV

Leo
    Premium Member

Mike Tyson and reality TV

Tyson might bite on reality show
    Jan. 15, 2003

Call it "Rocky" meets Mikey. The latest reality series project generating heat among the major broadcast networks is a limited-run series that would put a regular guy through an intense training regimen for the privilege of stepping into the ring with none other than Mike Tyson. Sources said producer Stu Schreiberg of Triage Entertainment is in talks with Tyson's managers to finalize an agreement for the project, which has drawn interest from Fox and other networks. Representatives for Schreiberg declined comment on the matter late Tuesday. Triage most recently produced the "Victoria's Secret Fashion Show" special that ran on CBS late last year. Tyson first won the world heavyweight boxing title in 1987, and he's been in and out of scrapes outside the ring ever since. He served three years in prison from 1992-95 on a rape conviction. Last year, Tyson was denied a boxing license in Nevada because of a melee that broke out during a news conference to announce a bout against Lennox Lewis. The fight eventually was staged in Memphis, Tenn., in June, with Lewis soundly defeating Tyson. (Cynthia Littleton)

omg, so little lay person is going to get his ass kicked by Tyson!! well worth the watch!

eny
    FORT Fogey
    I saw the write up on that. Who in the word is gonna get in the ring with Mike. Not only is he good, He's NUTS. Just when I think there isn't anything more reality TV can do.
    I mean the midgets pulling the elephant was one thing ...

+ Reply to Thread