+ Reply to Thread

Thread: trading spaces in poker show

just above the horizon, but below the ozone

trading spaces in poker show

just saw a commercial for the travel channel going to have a "world series of poker" match with the trading spaces people and the "american chooper" people going at it at the table.

Any idea when, joeguy????

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Cool! World Poker Tour .

I found some pics http://travel.discovery.com/fansites.../ac_vs_ts.html

For broadcast, I can only assume they are part of the celebrity invitational .

Great! Carter, Amy Wynn, and Joe. Looks like fun (and looks like the Chopper boys are a wee bit depressed.)

Doing a lap before I commit to a location
    I would love to see this! Will it be on TLC too, does anyone think? I don't think I get the Travel Channel. :phhht
    Could does not mean should

I saw the commercials for this too!

Although I love OCC, I don't think they have enoughs scruples to win. There was an episode on their show where they lost at cards against another shop. I don't think they know how to bluff that great.
    Also, I saw the episode of TSpaces where they went to (I think) Vegas to do a couple of homes.. well, the crew went gambling with the $$ and they won! They had an extra $300 to decorate with!

I want to see this!
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    Any idea when, joeguy????

oh man, ~~~slaps forehead~~ I forgot to put the date in.....if memory serves me right its on the 21st of this month.

Quote Originally Posted by joeguy
    just saw a commercial for the travel channel going to have a "world series of poker" match with the trading spaces people and the "american chooper" people going at it at the table.

I watched the first few minutes. It was bad. Maybe I was expecting Celebrity Poker Showdown (Phil Gordan and Dave Foley). The 2 announcers were not good.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

I watched the whole thing.. it wasn't too bad.

Here's the order of eliminations;

6th place Amy Wynn (TS) She didn't have too bad of cards, she just got beat.
    5th place Mikey (OCC) Reckless betting! Always raising, always calling..etc..just a matter of time before he bet himself out of the game.
    4th place Paul Jr. (OCC) Not so sure he knows how to play that well.
    3rd place Paul Sr. (OCC) Sat back most of the show, didn't get good cards. Went all in on a pair of 3's...and lost.
    2nd place Joe (TS) Most animated of the show by taunting the other players. He was fun to watch. Hit great cards on the river all the time, making him the Comeback Kid more often than not. Finally, his luck ran out against Carter..
    1st place Carter (TS) Chip leader throughout the show. He bet good, but it also helped that he seemed to always get good cards. Head to head against Joe was fun to watch, but very short.

The show was alright, if you don't mind watching people who aren't "pros" try and gamble. With these types of shows, they have a "red card" for each player to use once, and only once. When they use it, a pro poker player will come and give them help as to what to do... it was odd when everyone decided to use the red card, it was all in one hand!

Anyway, watching poker is watching poker. If you love cards, it won't matter who's playing..as long as you get to watch a game. I'm glad I caught it.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

+ Reply to Thread