+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trading Spaces: They Really Hated It commercial

Trading Spaces: They Really Hated It commercial

So does anyone know if that's really Doug Wilson singing in the now-airing commercials for this show that will showcase the homeowners who hated their room makeovers?

As much as I dislike Doug, I have to admit that's a snappy commercial, and he looks good dancing and vogueing in it. And whoever is singing the song sounds good, so wondering if that's really Doug or a singing stand-in?
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Yes Doug actually started out in theatre . I think his first role was Danny Zuko in Grease , so he can at least sing as well as John Travolta

I love the fact that one of the people who really hated it was the mega rich lady who had her dining room worth a zillion buck re-done by Hildi. It had a 1000 bucks worth of really bad design, and ended up looking like an abandoned storeroom. Just beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by eny
    Yes Doug actually started out in theatre . I think his first role was Danny Zuko in Grease , so he can at least sing as well as John Travolta

I love the fact that one of the people who really hated it was the mega rich lady who had her dining room worth a zillion buck re-done by Hildi. It had a 1000 bucks worth of really bad design, and ended up looking like an abandoned storeroom. Just beautiful.

Thanks Eny Well, I have to say then that Doug does a great job of singing and dancing in that commercial. I hope at some point they put Paige's singing and dancing experience to use too, then

Yeah, I laughed when I was watching the commercial and saw the mansion dining room included in the sniplets. Serves them right. With all their money, they should have just hired an interior designer to do it. That room was one of Hildi's worst ever, and that's saying something! Cheap gold foil on the ceiling, and a CEMENT dining table in a formal dining room?!?! :rolleyes :nono
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses
    Thanks Eny Well, I have to say then that Doug does a great job of singing and dancing in that commercial. I hope at some point they put Paige's singing and dancing experience to use too, then
    They actually have. When they were doing the Live Las Vegas shows last season Paige was singing and dancing in the promos.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    They actually have. When they were doing the Live Las Vegas shows last season Paige was singing and dancing in the promos.

Ahh, too bad I missed that. I didn't start watching TS until a few months ago, so didn't see the commercials. Unfortunately, I don't see it all that much anymore, because I never watch when Hildi is on, and I plan to never watch when Jon Laymon is on.

Paige is a real cutie though.

At first her perkiness really annoyed the heck out of me, but she's grown on me. Heh.

I caught the doug commercial after I made my post last night and he did great. Paige's commercial was the very same style, but she was dressed like a Vegas showgirl with alternately a short short leotard style dress and a long red sparkly dress slit up to here. I think that was also the one that Amy Wynn got to dress up all girly and beautiful, but that might have been the $500000 episode.

ETA: Did you see that Monday night they're going to have a "Best of Vern Yip" night?? Starts at 8pm EST. I wonder if this means his show is due to start.
    Last edited by Broadway; 11-07-2004 at 09:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    At first her perkiness really annoyed the heck out of me, but she's grown on me. Heh.

I caught the doug commercial after I made my post last night and he did great. Paige's commercial was the very same style, but she was dressed like a Vegas showgirl with alternately a short short leotard style dress and a long red sparkly dress slit up to here. I think that was also the one that Amy Wynn got to dress up all girly and beautiful, but that might have been the $500000 episode.

ETA: Did you see that Monday night they're going to have a "Best of Vern Yip" night?? Starts at 8pm EST. I wonder if this means his show is due to start.

Same here, regarding Paige, lol. I guess at first I thought she was just another typical fake-perky show host, but she does grow on you, and I guess it's because her on-air personality seems to be what she's really like.

And yes, just last night I saw the 'Best of Vern Yip' episode commercial, so I bet you're right!

I love this premise - these rooms are too funny to be true (an all white room and then the homeowner -male- cries.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Quote Originally Posted by beerbelly
    I love this premise - these rooms are too funny to be true (an all white room and then the homeowner -male- cries.
    What do you mean... too funny to be true? That room did actually happen.

Quote Originally Posted by beerbelly

I'd cry too if someone did that to one of my rooms. That white room was hideous And remember, the shows tonight, such as the one you mentioned, were some of the ones that the homeowners hated.

And unfortunately or fortunately, the rooms really are done the way shown.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast