+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Regency House

Regency House

For all you fans of the 'House' series: 1800s House, Pioneer House. There is a new series called Regency House starting this Wednesday, November 3rd on PBS either at 8 or 9 pm EST.

Basically there will be four couples and each will have chaperones and each will be assigned a social status and each will go through the manners of courting of the time. It is only 4 episodes long but should be fun.

Matt Rousch, the TV Guide critic gave it 9 out 10.

Update on tonites episode

This will be a 4 part series on PBS. I have 2 PBS channels so it is on at 9pm and at 10pm. The thing is these episodes are 1:30 long so altogether there will be 6 hours of film. Fortunately, PBS like cable will repeat the episodes usually later on the same nite and later in the week. Hope everyone gets this message I just noticed the length of the episodes. Good Luck to everyone.

Thanks for posting this, Bearcata. I love these period shows.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

I am looking forward to this show. I was reading US Weekly , they said it was a really good show!

Bad timeslot for me, there's way too many other things on Wednesdays at 9 PM. But it's supposed to air again at 3:30 AM on my PBS station, so I've got my VCR set.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

It really was a good show, a bit hard to follow who was who at first, but after 45 minutes or so into it, I really started to get it and enjoy it...

Grr, I forgot to put the tape in my VCR!

Hopefully PBS will re-run it one of these days. Can anyone describe the show?
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

I was so looking forward to this, but my parents called halfway through the show to rub in the election results....but here's what I got from it:

Young and hip Britains, who are single in their real lives, agreed to be part of a "Regency house party" for two months one summer. The catch is that there is a hostess, (who is really just an old bat), watching over all of them to make sure they mind their manners.

They all have to follow the rules of the time, which basically means they have to make the most advantageous match. Each person was given a role (typical of other PBS shows). Examples: one guy is a very rich dandy, one girl is nouveau riche, another girl comes from a society family but has no money, etc. Also, the best part is that there's even a hermit!!! He happens to be one of the sexiest guys there, which is done on purpose. Girls are always sneaking off to find the hermit.

It's really not like any of the other PBS series at all--it's sort of a Bachelor meets Jane Austen thing. Every night there's a party that they all must attend, and this old hostess is like an Emily Post version of Chris Harrison. She's really nutty and is just absolutely relishing her role.

I'll definitely continue to watch this one!! It's very entertaining.

Thanks, Miss Crispy! That definitely sounds worth watching.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

This was a really good show. I am looking forward to the upcoming episodes to see what happens. I have to agree, the hermit is VERY sexy!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast